1.    #1  
    Ok, so my phone has to reset itself after each SMS I receive. I guess I can deal til February 3rd since it's supposedly temporary. But now it likes to not connect to Vision after 5 or 6pm and refuses to connect again until well after midnight or in many cases not until the next morning. It's been happening consistenly for the past 2-3 weeks and it's been driving me crazy!!! At 1st I thought it was a DC thing since I was home for the Christmas holiday but it's doing the same thing in Miami. They say network congestion or "they reset one thing on their end and magically it works". I don't understand how the email program or AvantGo will work but the Blazer browser won't.....

I'm seriously considering ditching the Treo and getting a 5500 and a Clie. I love the convergence that the Treo offers along with everything else but the fact that this is my 3rd Treo and I'm still having probs makes me think that it has serious issues. With each and every one of my older phones I at least had enough confidence in them that I could rely on them, but with the Treo I don't have that confidence, especially since the 2nd Treo I had wouldn't charge past 50%. It seems like these things have a 1 month life cycle or something. I'm really almost to the point that I'll give up the big screen and the go-anywhere functionality of the browser to have something that at least works most of the time.

Thanks for listening.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    <snip>
    I don't understand how the email program or AvantGo will work but the Blazer browser won't.....
    <snip>
    Another one of my shot in the dark guesses...

On my GSM T600, the browser has a proxy setting. I realize you're on Sprint, but you use the same blazer browser, and I seem to recall that unlike the GSM versions, the Sprint versions come with the proxy set and turned on by default.

If your email and avantgo programs work, it sure sounds like your network connection is working (not GPRS, of course, since you're on CDMA, but the high speed version that CDMA uses, I think called 1xRTT or something like that). If your network connection is working, then I would check in the advanced preferences settings of blazer, and see if the blazer proxy is enabled. If it is, try turning it off one of the times that you can't browse, and see if that fixes things. Maybe it's the Sprint proxy server that's going down all the time, not the network itself.

If CDMA (or "Vision") doesn't work this way, sorry for the false lead...

Bill S
    The proxy is off by default, which makes it puzzling; in fact, someone posted a temporary fix, which was to assign a proxy from www.free-proxies.com, which will allow you to surf.

My work-around is to use WebPro during those times; lousy graphics but lightning fast surfing.
  4.    #4  
    Where are people getting WebPro from? I remember I used to have it when I had a Tungsten C but it crashed all the time.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by tvBilly

Another one of my shot in the dark guesses...

On my GSM T600, the browser has a proxy setting. I realize you're on Sprint, but you use the same blazer browser, and I seem to recall that unlike the GSM versions, the Sprint versions come with the proxy set and turned on by default.

If your email and avantgo programs work, it sure sounds like your network connection is working (not GPRS, of course, since you're on CDMA, but the high speed version that CDMA uses, I think called 1xRTT or something like that). If your network connection is working, then I would check in the advanced preferences settings of blazer, and see if the blazer proxy is enabled. If it is, try turning it off one of the times that you can't browse, and see if that fixes things. Maybe it's the Sprint proxy server that's going down all the time, not the network itself.

If CDMA (or "Vision") doesn't work this way, sorry for the false lead...

Bill S
    That is a very interesting hypothesis, tho as Bujin pointed out the proxy is disabled by default but works when you input a proxy.

What makes things interesting is that in another thread some1 suggested that maybe the proxy is hard-coded somewhere in Blazer and enabled, and it is that that is going down. That would explain why other web apps work but Blazer doesn't.

Yup,
    This is my third treo just got the CERTIFIED Replacement yesterday. Still can't provision the vision service with sprint.
    Funny thing was on my last two treo's vision provisioned in like 5 minutes after they did what ever they do. Now, keep waiting four hours. I am about to ditch the treo as well.
    I used to be in the silent majority of happy treo users. Now I am about to slander the whole line.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    I'm really almost to the point that I'll give up the big screen and the go-anywhere functionality of the browser to have something that at least works most of the time.

Thanks for listening.
    Oh boo hoo blah blah blah James.

Little whiny baby! My Treo works just fine for me!
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by myculito

Oh boo hoo blah blah blah James.

Little whiny baby! My Treo works just fine for me!
    loser Mike......
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Is available on *cough* <Emule> *cough*... I don't think it is for sale for Treo 600s, but the version I found has been given an attitude adjustment... It works well, just doesn't use the five-way keys.
    It was stated in another thread that sprint gives blazer its own proxy when connecting without a proxy and their proxy server has been screwy lately. As for SMS, I hope you upgraded to 1.10. That fixed the problem for most people, some still had the problem which I believe was because of an improper update. Look around a little more before you give up.
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by TrickerZ
    It was stated in another thread that sprint gives blazer its own proxy when connecting without a proxy and their proxy server has been screwy lately. As for SMS, I hope you upgraded to 1.10. That fixed the problem for most people, some still had the problem which I believe was because of an improper update. Look around a little more before you give up.
    The Treo is fine now....no issues with Vision, no resets with SMS..... but I've given up on it. It's now sold and I'm going back to two devices. It won't be the same.........