1.    #1  
    Holy smokes! Treo 610? Unlock Patch for GSM Treos? PTT on Orange Treo? TreSelectText? New Call blocker apps? Sheesh! All of a sudden I feel like a newbie who doesn't know anything again! It truely is amazing how fast these forums move! It seems like if you take your attention away only momentarily, you miss all the big news! It's going to take me a while to catch up!

P.S. Sorry to all the folks who've PM'ed me recently and haven't received a response. I've been MIA and will get back to ya'll eventually!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    LOL! Yup, many things have happened while you were away. You got a lot of catching up to do.

PS: You forgot to mention Phone Guard.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by TR30

PS: You forgot to mention Phone Guard.
    Ahh...thanks for the heads up! Anything else I miss?

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Hi Gfunkmagic!

I think I have been MIA much longer than you!

The 610 makes sense to me. Think about it, Palm said it is switching its shift from PDAs to smart phones or connected devices. If I was Palm, my strategy would be to try and steal the thunder by rushing a Treo 600 update to market with ALL of the features the 600 should have had. This of course would be 320x320, BT, more memory and a better camera. If I were in charge of Palm I definitely would not wait a year to overcome these core challenges.

Then I would focus on making the next generation 320x480 as we designed it!

Cheers,
    Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
  5.    #5  
    OMG IT's JakeE!!! This is like a treocentral old-timers renuion! Anyway, its nice to see you around here as well (even though we've had our disagreements in the past! ) I too an psyched to see PalmOne react so switfly and develop a Treo600 update. I personally didn't think there would be any update until much later this year at the earliest. I believe current predictions are that the Treo610 will probably get released by April perhaps which would a very timely update...

Also, I've been posting links to the "Treo600 slider" designs on your site and there's been a universal "wow if they'ld make that" reaction everywhere I've posted it. IMHO, that would really be huge evolution in the Treo600 form factor...

P.S. Jake, what do you think about Sony's new clie launcher?

http://palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=6468

I was wondering your take since is seems to have alot cosmetically similar to your bullet train app...

Gfunkmagic,

Good to hear from you!!!

The slider design is definitely cool and is probably pretty close to the next major step.

I checked out the Sony launcher. I don’t see any real similarity.

Interestingly as it turns out, Bullet Train may actually be coming to life. I’ll let you know more as soon as I know.

Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    Welcome back Gfunk!

Yes things have been really moving here in Treoland.

Geez, how do you not check in for two weeks. I think I need a 12 step program.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre