Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Hi,

Can anyone share with me how to use the Sleuth? - it is use as a "Find" hack?

I have install it and also enabled it, but see nothing.

Please help... Thanks in advance!
    Palm III -> Revo -> Palm V -> Clie 760 -> Clie T650C -> SE P800 -> Treo 600 -> Clie UX50 -> The Dark Side -> Treo 650 -> Nokia E61 -> Treo 680
    Originally posted by nomadmy
    Hi,

Can anyone share with me how to use the Sleuth? - it is use as a "Find" hack?

I have install it and also enabled it, but see nothing.

Please help... Thanks in advance!
    As you know Sleuth is a way of accessing the Find function from the Command Bar, after you do a Bottom Left/ Top Right Swipe, using Graffiti Anywhere/ New Pen etc.

I use it all the time but the problem is that the Icon used on the Command Bar does not show at Lo-Res. If you are able to get this Command Bar you may see a gap in the Icons, that is where Sleuth is, or it's at the Left end of the Icons.

I did email the writer of Sleuth and he pointed me towards RsrcEdit, which he said would enable me to make the Icon visible, but I could not do it.

Perhaps a few more emails from Treo users would get him to update it.

To be fair to him, it's a very old, in Palm terms, program that he has replaced with SlideFree, which is not really suited to the Treo.

Hope this helps.

Chas
    Hiya,

I've just now finished updating Sleuth so the icons will be available on the Treo 600 (and all other low res devices). You can get it from Palmgear.com

Cheers,
    Gavin.