1.    #1  
    I just received my Nut-Shell case for the Treo 600. It's exactly what I was looking for. After trying out several cases, the Handspring Form Fitting Case, the Krusell Form Fitting Case, the Krusell Side Case, the Sprint PCS Case, the Krusell Pouch Case, this one gets my vote as the best.

After trying out all the others I finally came to the realization that what I really needed was a pouch style case. All the other cases have their own drawbacks. With the form fitting cases the plastic over the screen makes using the stylus very hard, downright annoying at times. The other pouch style cases, while fitting the Treo, weren't designed for the Treo 600 specifically so the fit wasn't perfect. Since the Nut-Shell case is custom fitted to the Treo 600 it's a perfect fit.

I ordered my case on January 18th and received it today. 8 days from New Zealand is pretty darn good if you ask me. The customer service at Nut-Shell is top notch too. I actually ordered the wrong case at first. After reading my post here about it, Ian from Nut-Shell took it upon himself to send me out the correct case the next day. I sent the wrong one back to them and they are going to refund me the shipping charges once they receive it. I can't ask for anything more than that.

The case is made from a very stiff brown leather. It is fully customizable. I ordered mine with the belt clip and a Velcro flap closure. Right now it's very stiff. I'm sure it'll loosen up a bit in time. But there is no chance the phone is going to fall out. And with the recent release of the various space bar fix applications I don't have to worry about missing calls.

As for cut outs, this might be the one downfall to the case. There are no cut outs on the bottom of the phone. Therefore, the phone must be take out of the case for charging and for headset use.

If you're looking for a pouch style case which allows you to show off/enjoy your phone with a bare, naked look this might be the case for you.

Here are some pictures:

Front of case, no phone:
    http://mercury.walagata.com/w/lgreenberg/Ns1.JPG

Back of case, no phone:
    http://mercury.walagata.com/w/lgreenberg/Ns2.JPG

Front of case, with phone:
    http://mercury.walagata.com/w/lgreenberg/6057528.JPG

Back of case, with phone:
    http://mercury.walagata.com/w/lgreenberg/2794462.JPG

Case with phone standing:
    http://mercury.walagata.com/w/lgreenberg/693541.JPG
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 01/27/2004 at 01:27 PM.
    They don't have an option for magnetic closure rather than velcro do they? I'd go for one if so.

It does look nice though.

eKennedy
  3.    #3  
    No, I don't think there is an option for magnectic closure.

http://www.tuff-as-nuts.com/Treo-600_203.html
    Originally posted by lgreenberg

After trying out all the others I finally came to the realization that what I really needed was a pouch style case. All the other cases have their own drawbacks. With the form fitting cases the plastic over the screen makes using the stylus very hard, downright annoying at times. The other pouch style cases, while fitting the Treo, weren't designed for the Treo 600 specifically so the fit wasn't perfect. Since the Nut-Shell case is custom fitted to the Treo 600 it's a perfect fit.
    lgreenberg, I agree with everything you are saying, and am looking for the same thing in a case, but I'm curious as to why you didn't like/consider the Handspring side case?
    Just got my Nutshell today! Agree with all your points. I have the Krusell case as well, and will still use it from time to time, like when on my boat and need a little moisture protection. Had and returned the Sprint case--came close but a pain to use.

The best thing about this case is the way it hugs the hip--I finally realized that those swivel clips are a huge pain--makes the case stick too far off the belt.

John
    Can one of you answer me a question? I bought a nutshell last Nov. and got one of the "modified" T300 cases with the double stitch on either side of the pouch. Do the new ones have this? If they don't can you tell me the measurement (width) of the case lying flat? THe reason I ask is that the only thing I don't like about my case is the width of it. It adds alot of width to the phone.

Thanks for your help.

GM
  7.    #7  
    wcarlson40, I actually came close to buying the Handspring Side Case last week, and still might even pick one up to try. My only problem with it, and this is only from looking at it, is the clip. It looks too short. I'm afraid of how well it stays securely on a belt.

gerryoil, if you're thinking about using this version for your T300 it won't work. It'll be too narrow. I mistakingly ordered the T300 version first and it was much wider.

The T600 version is 3-1/2 inches wide. But between the stitching, where you'd actually put the case it's about 3 inches.
    I think gerryoil is referring to one of the early "T600" nutshell cases that, I think, were actually T300 cases "retrofit" to the 600 by adding another layer of stitching to make the case narrower.

The new case is single stitched, I'd guess it adds about 1/8-1/4 inch to each side when compared to a bare-naked Treo.

I'd consider taking a shot at returning your case for the one actually made for the Treo 600 (I think it's model 203), the Nutshell people (Ian) seem eagar to please.

John
    Originally posted by drtango
    I'd consider taking a shot at returning your case for the one actually made for the Treo 600 (I think it's model 203), the Nutshell people (Ian) seem eagar to please.

John
    I'll give it a try and see if Ian lives up to his reputation. Thanks for the suggestion.

GM
    lgreenberg & drtango

Do you guys have egrips with your Treo?
    Have them on mine and I'm worried that this would make it difficult to pull out the Treo from the case? I am getting ready to try it myself.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    I left the Egrips on the back of my Treo, had to lose the side grips to make it work well. The case is a snug fit, losing the side grips was an acceptable comprimise for me.
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by Treo Rat
    lgreenberg & drtango

Do you guys have egrips with your Treo?
    Have them on mine and I'm worried that this would make it difficult to pull out the Treo from the case? I am getting ready to try it myself.
    Nope, don't have them. But I imagine you're correct in that they'd make it hard to remove/insert the case since it's already a very snug fit. After time, once the case loosened up a bit it probably wouldn't be an issue.
  13.    #13  
    Post Edit:

Had a problem with the photos, but I've fixed it, I think.
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 01/27/2004 at 01:28 PM.
    Regarding Egrips-

Now that my case is broken in a bit, I think it would work with the side Egrips--seems like there's enough space side to side for this to work, most of the friction in the case is front to back.

John
    I just got mine today too. I like it, but I am slightly dissapointed about the size. Even after reading the posts about its width, I didn't realize exacly how wide it really was.

I also wish I had gotten the black instead of the brown.

I do really like the clip though, as opposed to a removable swivel clip.

eKennedy
  16.    #16  
    Originally posted by eKennedy
    I just got mine today too. I like it, but I am slightly dissapointed about the size. Even after reading the posts about its width, I didn't realize exacly how wide it really was.

I also wish I had gotten the black instead of the brown.

I do really like the clip though, as opposed to a removable swivel clip.

eKennedy
    Did you order the correct version? If it's too wide you probabaly ordered the version for the Treo 300.