Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    The high-end camera that fits in your back pocket. Sony’s DSC-T1 features a huge 5.1 Megapixel resolution, 3X Optical Zoom, and a 2.5” Hybrid LCD Monitor, all in a package the size of a credit card. The T1 even packs extra features you would normally expect on a camera twice its size, such as a high-quality Carl Zeiss® Vario-Tessar® Lens, Sony’s high-speed Real Image Processor, 5 Area Multi-Point Focus. It is even able to capture full screen VGA (640x 480) video at an astounding 30 frames per second. It’s twice the camera at half the size.

The pictures are amazing! Super sharp! Sharper than the Sony p10! And the movies it takes are like a camcorder! The macro will do a 1/2 inch distance!

And its LCD is 2.5 inches with 211,000 pixels! Compare that with the Treo's 25,600. Or with a hi res 320 x 320 at 102,400.

Its not competition for the Treo. I love having the best in communication and the best in cameras both in my pockets! I can't even feel it in the pocket!

It weighs 6 ounces and is 2/3 the size of the Treo!

Perfect pictures, perfect movies, wow!
    I presently have a Canon S230 (3.2 megapixel) which I carry with me all the time cuz I am a Realtor. I am ready for an upgrade and had been monitoring the reviews for this Sony T1 since it was announced. It's on top of my list but I thought I'd wait till spring to see if Canon or the others would come out with something yet smaller in size (if possible), over 4 megapixel, comparable video, optical viewfinder and tripod mount (a must have for me), and SD card memory (so I don't have to buy another card reader).

I read from numerous Camera forums that there will be a few ultra-compact models coming out this spring?

Otherwise, have a ball with your new toy!
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Does the camera have wireless download-from-it?

Why not?
    Small size is great, but I don't mind lugging my Digital Rebel around
    I was 2 sec from pre-ordering it from the sony site for 550, but decided to wait and see if the price comes down a little.

It does use memory stick, which is a negative since I have sd and cf cards already.

Seldom, I don;t think it does wireless. It does come with a usb docking cradle.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    How much are we talkin? Does the video do sound? What is the time capacity for video, is it limited by minutes or by the size of the storage card.

The size factor is sweet, but I'm not impresed with the megapixal factor. I've find you can get by with min.

I don't think I will be changing digicam's until I can get better than a 3x optical zoom. My daughter does sports and its frustrating not being able to get those close up recordings I want.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I am a big Sony fan and have been thinking about getting this camera before my second is born. Two quick questions: Does it have a fast boot-up time and is the actual photo taking time quicker than the other Cybershot models?

I currently have a Cybershot P7 and when you power on, it is a solid 3 -5 seconds till the camera is ready to take photos. Once you depress the capture button, I find the camera has a 1-2 second delay before the picture is taken and by then my son has turned his smile into a frown. :-(

Kyocera is making a pocketable 3.2 megapixel camera that stresses instant on and very fast capture capabilities. While not near as feature rich as the Sony T1, I am particularly interested in the two features I am speaking of here.

Can you advise of your experiences with these issues??? Otherwise, are you happy with the Memory Stick Duo cards and does the base station also charge the camera?

Much appreciated... thanks.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    This camera is like the Treo 1100. Not the Treo 610, 700, 800, 900, 1000, but the 1100.

Small, the size of a credit card
    LCD HUGE 2.5 " with 211K gives you a perfect view
    Pictures sharp as huge cameras
    Small cameras usually take fuzzy pictures
    Movies like a camcorder
    Looks like Sony
    Fast startup
    1/2 inch macro

Really, too good. Just too good. It's not fair a camera can be this good.

I am not associated with Sony in any way.

Problems with it:

too good...people wanna touch it and they fight when I tell them it's my baby

needs a case and the Sony case is too big for it

the LCD you do not want to put in your pocket with keys
    Could a moderator move this thread out of the Treo 600 Hardware section?

Bill S