1.    #1  
    Thought some of you would be interested in this. Fastmail.fm has just updated their "idle" process so that clients like Chatter get informed about new mail (and other goodies) within a few SECONDS of their arrival at the server. I've tested this out myself today, and it's astounding.

For those who don't know, Chatter's most recent test versions (available to those who have signed up for the imap discussion at http://lists.imchatter.com) are rapidly evolving toward a very powerful IMAP client (along with an email-friendly interface).

Among the features available now (in most recent test versions): Up to 8 pushed and sync'ed email folders (on same or different servers and/or accounts, including sent mail being sync'ed back to the server), SSL support (foreground only), full background and asleep operation for all network traffic, full asynchronous operation (keep working on your treo while mail is arriving and being sent) smtp sending with contact database support, innovative support for Chatter "contacts", email-friendly interface, and also multi-IM support.

Marc
    Marc, as always, an excellent product and equally excellent support. Ben

-=

Originally posted by mblank
    Thought some of you would be interested in this. Fastmail.fm has just updated their "idle" process so that clients like Chatter get informed about new mail (and other goodies) within a few SECONDS of their arrival at the server. I've tested this out myself today, and it's astounding.

For those who don't know, Chatter's most recent test versions (available to those who have signed up for the imap discussion at http://lists.imchatter.com) are rapidly evolving toward a very powerful IMAP client (along with an email-friendly interface).

Among the features available now (in most recent test versions): Up to 8 pushed and sync'ed email folders (on same or different servers and/or accounts, including sent mail being sync'ed back to the server), SSL support (foreground only), full background and asleep operation for all network traffic, full asynchronous operation (keep working on your treo while mail is arriving and being sent) smtp sending with contact database support, innovative support for Chatter "contacts", email-friendly interface, and also multi-IM support.

Marc
    wishlist: make it all work thru the ports available over T-Zones.
    I am going to try the new Beta version Marc ... but how do you set up folders in Chatter? Is this explained in the online manual?
  5.    #5  
    I'll shoot you an email...

Marc
    Originally posted by mblank
    If you also want this behaviour on your PC, and you run Windows, you can get it by using the (free) FastCheck notification program. Linux and Mac versions are under development.
    Jeremy Howard
    www.fastmail.fm
    Originally posted by Jeremy Howard
    If you also want this behaviour on your PC, and you run Windows, you can get it by using the (free) FastCheck notification program. Linux and Mac versions are under development.

This looks awesome! Thanks I can't wait to try it!!