Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Honestly, I do understand english, but I just wanna make sure that I understand. Can I use this oncradleon in combination with a program like mlights and have them work together...have oncradleon keep the KB lights on while I'm plugged into the car charger and have mlights dim the screen??

I cant believe that somebody hasnt just made a program just for the car that does this.

Claire
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    In my experience, mLights will NOT keep the keyboard light on more than about 10 seconds after you stop typing. What I *think* will work (wait a minute, let me try it............)

Yup, this seems to work:

Set OnCradleOn to keep the backlight on while plugged in. Then press Opt-P to turn on the keyboard backlight (and dim the screen). Both the keyboard and screen stay lit as long as it's plugged in. This should work fine in a car at night.

Disclaimer: I tested this plugged into an AC charger, not a car charger. But I can't imagine the Treo can tell the difference. And since OnCradleOn is free, give it a shot.

HTH,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Well I did it...I have it plugged in by usb but i think your right...the phone doesnt know the difference. I tested it for 11 minutes and its ok. Now if I can get the display to turn off while the key board stays on it would be perfect.

Claire
    I suspect the Treo is hardwired in a way that won't allow that. In a thread about the program PhoneGuard, the developer reported that when the screen shuts off, the Treo also disables the keyboard!

It seems doubtful that you can blank the screen and disable the keyboard while leaving the keyboard lights on. But I've been wrong before!
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Originally posted by meyerweb
    But I've been wrong before!
    If you HAVE been wrong...I'm sure it was only once.

Claire
    Originally posted by clairegrrl
    Now if I can get the display to turn off while the key board stays on it would be perfect.
    Just out of curiousity, why do you want to be able to do that so bad? Is this something that one of your previous phones did and you just really liked that feature?
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    My old phone was a Nokia with a built-in car kit...it had a speaker and mic and charged and the keys were lit all the time when it was in the thingie.

Claire
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12