1.    #1  
    Greetings:

RE: http://www.palmone.com/us/products/a...s/peripherals/

Will these keyboards work with the Treo600?

Thank you.
    =====================
    Peter M. Abraham
    Dynamic Net, Inc.
    http://www.dynamicnet.net/
    Have one myself (the wireless one). Works fine. A little tricky getting into to stay put but a little bending of the bracket and no problem.

GM
    This wireless keyboard sounds promising, but there's not much of a description of it on the PalmOne site. Any complaints with using this with the t600 besides having to "bend" the holding bracket?

How long do the batteries last on the keyboard? AC adapter?

TIA
    I've found that the HS-provided Mail app has trouble connecting when the Palm WIreless Keyboard driver is enabled (thread posted as "problems connecting to mail"). Figuring out the source of the problem was painful, but at this point it's easy just to disable the Keyboard driver when I want to check Mail.

I am using the original Keyboard.prc that came with the keyboard. There is a new v. 2.2 driver on Palm's Web site that I haven't yet tested.

I haven't yet run down the battery on the Palm Wireless Keyboard after 8-12 hrs of total use. It well outlasts the Treo 600 battery for sure.
    I had the wireless and now the plugin keyboard specifically for T600. Plug in is much less akward and more consistent accuracy and speed.
    Do yourself a favor and get the OEM keyboard off Ebay. It costs about $30-$40 more, but is well worth it. Especially since you get an actual row of number keys, rather than having to hit the FN key to get numbers.

The only weakness of the OEM keyboard is the spacebar (at least on mine). Its a little small, and sometimes misreads fast taps (if you're a fast typist).
    "I see dead pixels..."
    I use the PWK with the updated driver and have no major issues. Also I haven't "bent the holding bracket" and don't think you need to do that. The treo sits finne enough in my experience. Overall the advantages of the OEM Treo keybaord are the Treo connector which allows the Treo to be charged and the separate number row. But the advantage of the PWK is the universality of it. You can use it with almost any other palmOS, PPC, and even symbian device. If you have other devices than the Treo, or if you plan on upgrading to something else in the future, the PWK is a great choice. Also, I found the latency to be pretty fast and you can also program the cmd keys to emulate the 5-way...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    funk - this may be a dumb question, but can you give me the quick clue on how to get the command keys to emulate the 5-way - ? When I look at the command key setups, it looks to me that all those do is connect specific applications to cmd key combos. What am I missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    funk - this may be a dumb question, but can you give me the quick clue on how to get the command keys to emulate the 5-way - ? When I look at the command key setups, it looks to me that all those do is connect specific applications to cmd key combos. What am I missing?

nrosser, it's explained in the "Help (4 Row)" tab in the keyboard.prc:

cmd+<arrow> = same as selecting direction on 5-way switch
    cmd+Enter = 5-way center button select

It's not very elegant but it does work...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I bought my Palm Wireless keyboard in January. I use my keyboard for note taking and document editting purposes for 2 hours a day, 5 days a week. I'm still on my original set of batteries that came with the keyboard. I'd say the battery life is pretty good.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I've used PWK for a few months without problem. Granted I'm not a heavy keyboard user, but it still runs on the first batteries. The lack of dedicated number keys is annoyance, but other than that, I'm pretty happy with the keyboard. My Treo 600 sits on the keyboard stable enough. I don't even bother to take it out of my Krusell case.
    I have had no problems using the Palm Wireless Keyboard with the newer v2.2 driver on my Treo 600. Good battery life, works on my apps, and the Treo sits stablily on the keyboard.