1. cvt
    Hi,
    Okay - before i start, i know i should learn how to program, etc. etc. but i just dont have time. However, if some developer wants to make a buck out of me, then here's what i would love to see... A NEW SMS APP. The major things i would like to see are:
    1. Discrete alert that says how many unread messages i have rather than open the message on delivery
    2. Remove chat feature so sms can be deleted as appropriate
    3. Ability to archive sms
    4. Delivery reports
    5. Icon on launcher screen of messages (think of a nokia)

that's all for now. I find the built in app terrible.

any other additions to the list? If there is enough meat on this, someone might do something with it.
    Amen!
    Originally posted by cvt

A NEW SMS APP. The major things i would like to see are:
    1. Discrete alert that says how many unread messages i have rather than open the message on delivery
    2. Remove chat feature so sms can be deleted as appropriate
    3. Ability to archive sms
    4. Delivery reports
    5. Icon on launcher screen of messages (think of a nokia)

that's all for now. I find the built in app terrible.

For the Treo 180 and 270 most of this is
    resolved and implemented by

www.maxTEXT.com

look for the TE = Treo Edition.

The T600 GSM is only partly supported as
    the phone-interfaces in there aren't backward-compatible.

Markus
    Originally posted by MarkusSchneider

The T600 GSM is only partly supported as
    the phone-interfaces in there aren't backward-compatible.

Markus
    Are you working on a 600 version? Do you expect to be releasing one any time soon?
  5. cvt
    Hi... am looking for T600 version. I tried maxtext and didnt quite work.

the alert is a really big issue for me (and others, i know)
    Originally posted by Alli

Are you working on a 600 version?
    Do you expect to be releasing one any time soon?

Sorry, but I am just one of the various beta-testers.

Avoiding to start any rumors - I think best would
    be addressing these questions directly to the developers.

I have nothing confirmed on release dates or so here.

The only thing I can confirm is that the intercepting Popup-
    Suppressing Functionality currently only works on the
    T180 and T270 in the current released 1.54 version.

Markus
    What I also miss: To be able to send SMS to a whole category of contacts (all modern phones can do this except for the Treo 600). With the current solution I have to manually select every contact of a category.
    No offence, but my wife has a modern phone, and she can't even send SMS. Samsung A-460 w/o going to a site and she can't send to more then one person I think too. So it's not all modern phone.

With Treo600SMS, I think I can do 10 people, I agree, buddy lists or catagories would be very nice.. Sounds like time to get another programer on the job.

just my 2-cents, Matt
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    No offence, but my wife has a modern phone, and she can't even send SMS. Samsung A-460 w/o going to a site and she can't send to more then one person I think too. So it's not all modern phone.

With Treo600SMS, I think I can do 10 people, I agree, buddy lists or catagories would be very nice.. Sounds like time to get another programer on the job.

with the current available Shareware Treo Edition V 1.54 www.maxTEXT.com
    on a Treo 600 GSM you already for weeks now you have
    10 independent individual composed groups (A to K)
    each unlimited in size for creating message-bundles to entire categories

(if you like hundreds of addressees in each of those 10 groups)

(colleagues, tennis-club, chess-partners, highschool-mates etc...)

...and users can even be members of different groups in parallel.

Always the group-membership is stored after sending these multi-messages
    for later creating your next multi-message with just a single click.

Writing your message once - sending it to an entire group
    and having the group stored for the future runs on the fly.

maxTEXT TE V 1.54 is available on Palmgear or Handango...

Markus

PS/FYI: Not working on a CDMA Treo - not on Sprints Treo, because of missing SMS-native network transportation and missing software interfaces there -

but running fine on all Cingular T600, AT&T, T-Mobile, Orange and all unlocked silver Treo 600s
    Last edited by MarkusSchneider; 01/27/2004 at 05:44 PM.
  10. cvt
    hi markus,
    it doesnt seem to work that well with the t600... the address book look up doesnt seem to work (or the ordering makes no sense) and the popup alert still happens.

:-(
    Originally posted by cvt
    hi markus,
    it doesnt seem to work that well with the t600... the address book look up doesnt seem to work (or the ordering makes no sense) and the popup alert still happens.

:-(
    Hi cvt

here it does - on an Orange/Switzerland GSM Treo600 I have access to - all mobile numbers from the addressbook
    are shown, can be selected and imported to the buddy-list, SMS-Standard- and Group-Messages can be created sent or stored and the corresponding numbers can also be dialed for outgoing voicecalls.

(all with no private-checkboxes on the records set in the addressbook, no extra alert managers installed)

Yes, - the popup alert management is not activated on the T600 currently with V 1.54
    and as said before - just because of this - the T600 is not officially supported by V 1.54 -
    no message interception is opened or functional like on the T270/180 with this -
    no popup control / filtering is activated these functions are greyed/deactivated on the T600.

Currently just the T180 / 270 are fully + officially supported by V 1.54 with the full list of functions and only on those devices the popup-management is opened - or filtered / if the matching checkbox is set / or the Inbox-Overview is shown on fresh arriving messages.

I have no transferable information if / when the T600 GSM full functional + opened final version (V 1.56 ?) will be released.
    Please ask the makers for those details.

Markus

...All given info is linked to the current V 1.54.
  12. cvt
    hi markus,
    thank you for the help. i will wait to see 1.56(?). it would be a welcome change to the current sms app with (s)chat...

Cristian
    Hello,

regarding privacy issue, I also do not want that others could read my SMSs. After spending some days with experimenting various programs, I found a solution. I am currently using three application:

VisualKey + TreoAlertManager + PockerProtector (with "Alarms/Other off")

The combination of these is able to prohibit the SMS-Alert from popping up. I see only a short flash on the screen but nothing more happens. When I switch on the Treo 600 only the VisualKey screen is visible.

After unlocking VisualKey, TreoAlertManager show how many SMS, MMS etc. arrived.

I know that this is not a real solution for your problems and I also badly need a better SMS-application than the built-in, but perhaps it helps you resolving the privacy problem.
  14. cvt
    brilliant.

i will give it a try.
    where can I find PockerProtector?