Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, After Countless request a Developer finally got in contact with me. He was telling me about this program (call Filter) that is almost done and should be release sometime next week!!!!

He offered to send me the Beta Program. It is a real program, and Works Great as well:

It does the following:

1) Allows you to setup rules on who can can and WHEN

2) Allows you to block callers that are blocking their caller ID

3) Allows you to block callers that are not in Contacts database

4) Allows you to make your own rules using wildcards. So you can setup a rule to block everyone from areacode 312 by entering (312)* as the phone number.

5) It detects when you have voicemail, and makes your green led blink quickly at 4 times a second.

6) It has a special rule which will allow you to have your Treo 600 automatically forward calls to a landline, if it is plugged in or in the cradle. And as soon as you take it out of the cradle, it turns forwarding off.

7) Keeps a log of all the calls that you had set to automatically send to voicemail.

All of you guys should request a Beta Copy of this App, its Wonderful. Email him at callfilter@velocityware.com
    that sounds awesome - just emailed the guy. have you worked with it at all? comments so far?
  3.    #3  
    Ive worked with it just last night, its amazing. if someone calls me and there not in contacts my phone has no type of reaction, its almost like no one calls, but you know if someone was blocked because of a log within the program.

I had about 4-5 people call me that is not in my contacts, and when the program is enabled, its like no one called.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by kayden75
    that sounds awesome - just emailed the guy. have you worked with it at all? comments so far?
    All i basically wanted to do was block people not in my contacts. But its so much deeper, I've only used it last night and it just seems to work awesom. No Crashes or anything.
    Wonderful idea except Sprint charges 10 cents per minute for call forwarding. Not much value for Sprint treo owners in that option is there?

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by Woof
    Wonderful idea except Sprint charges 10 cents per minute for call forwarding. Not much value for Sprint treo owners in that option is there?

Woof
    Yep the develope told me about this, he told me to call my service provider and see if they charge for call forwards. This is great cuz my service provider dont charge for it.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    This souds like just what I have been waiting for!!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    I have been using the application, too. It works as advertised...it's exactly the application we have been waiting for. One brilliant thing about it is that blocked callers hear the full four rings when they call, so they don't know they're being screened. Great work.
  9.    #9  
    Rosen I knew u was looking for this app as well, isnt it incredible????

How long have u been usin this?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Hey godfather or rosenft can either of you send me a copy of the demo?

Many thanks if you can!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    My Phone history.....
    Godfather,

I received it by e-mail this morning and have been testing it throughout the day. There are still some bugs that need to be worked out of the application. However, it's an awesome program even in the beta stage. It exceeds what I have been hoping for.

I love that the developer put timers into it. So you can set the T600 to forward categories of calls to voice mail at certain hours of the day or during specific days of the week. So during dinner hour Monday through Friday I can send all work calls or blocked caller ID calls to voicemail. Brilliant! At night and on the weekends I can now send contacts categorized as "business" directly to voice mail! Because the program lets callers hear all four firngs as as normal, callers cannot tell they are being screened!

This software is ESSENTIAL. It's going to be a favorite application for the T600.

I suggested to the developer that he create a thread on TreoCentral similar to the threads the creators of TakePhone, Profiles and TreoButler have formed. Perhaps an active dialogue can develop at TreoCentral among users. Maybe the developer would also consider posting the beta application for more TreoCentral members to try.
  12.    #12  
    i havent notice any bugs, what types of bugs are you experiencing rosen
    Originally posted by godfather
    i havent notice any bugs, what types of bugs are you experiencing rosen

Does this work on GSM treo600??

I have reuested a beta by email but haven't received anything.

I'm dying for this app and will buy it right away if it works.
    --
    Manfred
  14.    #14  
    I have a GSM phone, its works Great
    Originally posted by godfather
    I have a GSM phone, its works Great
    I'm dying for it.... Can't wait ;-)

Hope you'll mail me the beta...
    Ready to test, ready to buy.

regards
    --
    Manfred
    I have a GSM T600 on the T-mobile network. The two main issues I encountered were:

(1) In Preferences, selecting "Short vibrate when action is taken" causes my T600 to vibrate when someone I am screening calls. But the phone vibrates for nearly a full minute with no way for me to stop it.

(2) If I select "short beep when action is taken," I hear absolutely no alert when someone I am screening calls.

(3) The feature where the LED is supposed to blink faster when there is a voice mail waiting doesn't work on my T600. But I think it's a network specific issue because I encountered the same problem with TreoAlertManager, which turned out to be a T-mobile issue.

Are you seeing these issues too Godfather?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    You can also Mail the beta version to me as well!

Thanks!
    My Phone history.....
  18.    #18  
    Yes I noticed these issues. But the program work so great when you dont select these issues, I dont even care, I dont plan to use these alerts anyway. I just let all my selected calls, (example, calls not in my contacts) Go right to VoiceMail. Later I always check to log and see who calls, etc. Which is sooo Cool
    No question. The bugs are minor. The software is fantastic. It's a must have.

I will write the developer to see if he minds our posting a copy here.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Do any of you have the sprint version? Iam not able to get the program to work properly.
    My Phone history.....
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast