Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I installed the program today and it works great. I will report back in the next few days
    Originally posted by Tekara
    hmm, I appear to be having some unusual problems from the rest of you.

on my sprint with these rules:

[blocked] send to voicemail
    [not in contacts] send to voicemail
    ???-???-???? ring as normal

I called myself from work, which is in my contacts and caller id recognizes, and the call was blocked.
    It may actually be the same problem if your company has a multi-line phone system. Your outbound # may not be the same as your dial-in (listed) number.
    [no caller id] voicemail
    [not in contacts] voicemail

This still does nothing for me. Has anyone had sucess with getting call filter to recognize contacts? The developer said it was a known problem. But there are those saying they are getting different results. It blocks calls just fine, its the letting the specific ones in that it doesn't do so well. At least for now the prog blocks no caller id, which is great. Oops, I was commenting about how it handles VM notify: my mistake that was PhoneGuard which I just recently installed and is another awesome program. Check palmgear.com or the thread here.
    All noobs click here
    i've been doing some direct beta testing with the developer and we think we have found the problems.

the blocked call not being sent to voicemail should be fixed soon and the not in contacts shouldn't be much further away, hang on guys!

<edit>
    i should clarify, these are indeed bugs with only the sprint phones.

the sprint phones report blocked numbers differently than the GSM phones do (which is the type of phone our developer is using); so he's relying on a beta tester (me) with a cdma phone to work through the problem.

also, the sprint phones seem store numbers in a different manner as the GSM phones, which is causing the problem with the [not in contacts] system rule error.
    Last edited by Tekara; 01/26/2004 at 09:18 PM.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Keep up the good work! Let me know if i can help.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    yeah, we're hoping to get an official beta download site up soon (by tomarrow hopefully) with the fix for sprint phones. so keep your eyes peeled.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

I don't think you need

as a rule. Remove it and you should be okay.

NJK
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Also:

If the Developer needs webspace and/or a web site they can have

whatever_you_want.asdfz.com

If the Developer is interested, he may contact me at snoopy72@hotmail.com.

Thanks.
    NJK
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Originally posted by theleetbeagle
    If the Developer needs webspace and/or a web site they can have
    whatever_you_want.asdfz.com
    Thanks for the generous offer! I still need to create the website to support the product. I am just stretched too thin timewise to do it all. For now, I have posted the latest version of CallFilter to PalmGear. That way people can register if they want, or download the latest trial version at http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodid=53606

This way I can ensure everyone is downloading the latest version.

By the way the SPRINT PCS problem regarding [Is Blocked] and [Not In Contacts] is fixed and is included in the version available at the link above.
    Would be nice if it was a feature that allowed you to select which contacts by category would be blocked.
  11.    #71  
    the developer did say he was gonna add this feature in the next version
    I wish there was an update that dealt with the picture caller ID issue.
    Hey, when you say that when someone calls that is in your contact list "it is like nothing happened at all" ... does that mean that they also do not go into your voicemail?

If so, that is cool. Some telemarketers actually leave a voicemail, or their recording device leaves some kind of message on my voicemail. Does this program make it so that these calls just go into a black hole ... and does it disallow them access to your voicemail as well?
    Originally posted by VWare

Thanks for the generous offer! I still need to create the website to support the product. I am just stretched too thin timewise to do it all. For now, I have posted the latest version of CallFilter to PalmGear. That way people can register if they want, or download the latest trial version at http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodid=53606

This way I can ensure everyone is downloading the latest version.

By the way the SPRINT PCS problem regarding [Is Blocked] and [Not In Contacts] is fixed and is included in the version available at the link above.
    I downloaded the version from PalmGear and I can't figure out a way to differentiate between Blocked Caller ID and No Caller ID calls. I know you said that you thought it would be possible to do this for Sprint phones and if so I would really like to have this feature.
    I noticed the version on Palmgear is still 1.1 and the version in the dowloands area of mytreo.net is 1.2. I wonder when VWare's going to update Palmgear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo_Addict_Tex
    I noticed the version on Palmgear is still 1.1 and the version in the dowloands area of mytreo.net is 1.2. I wonder when VWare's going to update Palmgear?
    Yes, I am going to leave CallFilter 1.1 up at PalmGear for a couple of days so people can make a choice between the two versions. Right now the only place you can download CallFilter V1.2 is at www.MyTreo.net . However, if you buy CallFilter 1.1, you can use your registration code with CallFilter V1.2. In fact, your registration code will be valid for all versions of CallFilter that start with V1.X .

People can get a V1.1 registration code that works with the new CallFilter V1.2 at the following sites:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodID=53606

or at

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...roductId=98708

or email me at callfiltersupport AT velocityware.com if you need to use PayPal.
    CallFilter has been downloaded nearly 1,1oo times in six days. Amazing!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234