1.    #1  
    More than once I've found myself plugging my Treo into a set of speakers, a casette adapter, or even a pair of wireless headhpones and found that it turns the treo's external speaker on. I assume there's something non-standard about the way the Treo detects an external speaker/headphone, and that that's somehow causing it to think there's nothing there.

So my question is this: Does anyone know of any way to force the Treo to output through the headset? Either a software-based or hardware-based solution... I noticed in the Treo 600 Developer guide, there is a C Function that seemed to have a setting that caused the phone to enter "Headset output mode" or something, but I don't know C well enough to work it out... anyone else know?
    I guess I don't understand the question.

Treo plays through the internal speaker, and you plug in headphone adapter, in which you adapt headphones, RF transmitter, RCA line-in plugs for stereo, and you don't want it to turn off the internal speaker ?
    I know that if I plug in Amplified Speakers the output switches to the internal speaker. I can use Un-Amplified speakers, but that sucks.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Sorry wrong post
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????