Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by geakware

Sanjay,

I just got an update from Chas that my latest beta (v1.0.5b) is working well on his GSM phone. I expect to release something here soon.

In the meantime, can you check to see if you have the carkit.prc application on your phone? Others have reported that this application affects the screen auto-off feature.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    I have applied the 2.09 update and yes I do have the 2 files, 'CarKit & CarKit_EPc2_appl_a68k' on my Treo. So what is the solution, are people with 2.09 firmware not going to be able to use PhoneGuard?
    Originally posted by Sanjay
    I have applied the 2.09 update and yes I do have the 2 files, 'CarKit & CarKit_EPc2_appl_a68k' on my Treo. So what is the solution, are people with 2.09 firmware not going to be able to use PhoneGuard?
    The "screen off" feature will not work with this FW, at the moment, but Geoff is working on it.
  3.    #123  
    Originally posted by Sanjay
    Sanjay,

As elysian9 mentioned in his post, the screen off feature will not work if carkit.prc is in RAM or ROM. However, you should still be able to take advantage of the other features.

I'm currently working to find a solution to the carkit.prc problem. No promises though...

Geoff

Can you give me some additional details? What type of phone do you have (GSM/CDMA)? What version of PhoneGuard are you using?

GSM users have reported problems similar to this. I expect these to be fixed in the next version.

Geoff
    Sure, I am on GSM. Phone Firmware 02.09, Software 1.09-INT. PhoneGuard v1.0.4b.

The Carkit.PRC is in the ROM.

Let me know if you need more info. Thanks.
  5.    #125  
    Originally posted by niksptan

Sure, I am on GSM. Phone Firmware 02.09, Software 1.09-INT. PhoneGuard v1.0.4b.

The Carkit.PRC is in the ROM.

Let me know if you need more info. Thanks.
    The problem you reported is typical of what can be expected with the current beta on GSM phones. I believe v1.0.5b will correct the problem.

Geoff
  6.    #126  
    I've gotten reports from limited testing that v1.0.5 is much more stable on GSM phones. I've posted it on my site for general consumption. You can get it here, or on the mobile site. Please give it a try.

Keep in mind, it is still beta software. However, I'm hopeful many of the GSM issues have been resolved.

What's new? Here's a list:

- The four hard keys (Phone, Calendar, SMS, Power/KeyGuard) will no longer silence the ringer if 'Other keys silence ringer' is unchecked.
    - Minor change to the screen off delay for outgoing calls. The delay now starts when the call is connected instead of when it's dialed.
    - Fixed error that could leave PhoneGuard in an inconsistent state when placing outgoing calls.
    - Added code to reset PhoneGuard's state when a soft reset occurs.
    - Fixed problem with PhoneGuard not recognizing that an outgoing call is disconnected on GSM phones.
    - Added feature to toggle screen state with either power button. (Not tested on GSM)

Please let me know of any issues you experience.

Sincerely,
    Geoff
    Geoff,

Finding it hard to wait.
    When are we likely to see 1.0.5b?

Eagerly waiting Cingular GSM user.
    oops - talk about instant gratification
    I will be using Phoneguard for the first time. I had downloaded all your versions, but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

I have a Sprint CDMA version. I wanted to know which PHONEGUARD version should I use?
  10.    #130  
    Originally posted by eddietreo
    I will be using Phoneguard for the first time. I had downloaded all your versions, but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

I have a Sprint CDMA version. I wanted to know which PHONEGUARD version should I use?
    See the link I just posted...

- The four hard keys (Phone, Calendar, SMS, Power/KeyGuard) will no longer silence the ringer if 'Other keys silence ringer' is unchecked.
    - Minor change to the screen off delay for outgoing calls. The delay now starts when the call is connected instead of when it's dialed.
    - Fixed error that could leave PhoneGuard in an inconsistent state when placing outgoing calls.
    - Added code to reset PhoneGuard's state when a soft reset occurs.
    - Fixed problem with PhoneGuard not recognizing that an outgoing call is disconnected on GSM phones.
    - Added feature to toggle screen state with either power button. (Not tested on GSM)

Please let me know of any issues you experience.

Sincerely,
    Geoff [/B]
    Tested most of the above (Cingular GSM) - works fine so far
    I am not sure I understand what the problem with PG not recognizing that an outgoing call is disconnected is about.

Thanks Geoff, great app. Will register shortly.
  12.    #132  
    Originally posted by t6ohoh

Tested most of the above (Cingular GSM) - works fine so far
    Glad to hear it.

I am not sure I understand what the problem with PG not recognizing that an outgoing call is disconnected is about.
    This problem was responsible for most of the problems on GSM phones. Because PhoneGuard didn't recognize that the call had disconnected, it would remaine active (it normally stops doing anything when a call is not active) and could cause the keyboard to become unusable, among other things. (Thanks Chas, for helping find this one.)

Geoff
    looks like that problem is fixed, then
    I've gotten reports from limited testing that v1.0.5 is much more stable on GSM phones.
    Geoff,

Tested v1.0.5 on my GSM T6. Worked consistently for first time. Thanks for persevering . The carkit.prc issue is the last 'man' standing, it would seem.

Regards,

aolumide
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Is there any way to make this program work with the car kit? i.e. have an option to leave the lighting on full time when in the car kit?

Thanks,

Josh
  16.    #136  
    Originally posted by gatreo600
    Is there any way to make this program work with the car kit? i.e. have an option to leave the lighting on full time when in the car kit?

Thanks,

Josh
    Josh,

Does the screen go off when you're using it in the car kit? Others have reported that this is not the case. Can you give me some additional details? What type of phone (CDMA/GSM), what version of firmware, whether carkit.prc is installed on your Treo etc...

Can those of you with carkit.prc on your phones report whether PhoneGuard works properly for you? I'd really like to nail this issue.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    I *think* Josh means keeping the backlight on while the phone is not in use, rather than during a call. (Am I right, Josh?)

If so, try OnCradleOn. It's free, and it keeps the backlight on while plugged into an AC charger. I imagine it will do the same thing with a car charger.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Geoff,

I installed 1.0.5b which is nearly flawless, it would seem. It's disabling the keypresses, and turning the screen off at pre-set intervals. I thought you'd included the "screen-off when power button is pressed" feature this time, but that is not functioning on my GSM Treo 600. Was it not included yet?
    Last edited by thudson; 01/30/2004 at 12:43 AM.
    Thanks, Geoff! Version 1.0.5b is a great improvement. The screen toggle with the Power button is very useful. Been using it all day.

_________

Sprint T600
    Great update, Geoff!

I said if you put in the option to keep the harrd keys from muting the ringer I'd buy a license, but....

No, seriously, I'm off to pay for a copy as soon as I send this email. Great job. But on the theme of "we're never satisfied" I have another thought. This isn't really related to answering calls, so you might not want to include it here, but I'd love to see an option that would prevent the hard buttons from turning on the device. I've lost count of the number of times I've turned on the phone expecting to see my calendar, but have the notepad open instead, because the hard button got pressed in my pocket.

Not a critical need, but an idea.

Thanks again.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast