Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Hi everyone,

I have a utility I've put together to help debug the problems some of you are having on GSM phones. If any GSM users would like to help out, please PM me and I'll send it to you with instructions.

The utility will also work on CDMA phones, so if you're a Sprint user and are having problems, this may help. Anyone in this category can PM me as well.

Sincerely,
    Geoff
    Originally posted by geakware
    Version 1.0.4b has been posted to my website at http://www.geakware.com/phoneguard/d...rd_v1_0_4b.zip and on the mobile edition as usual.

This update has a lot of changes/fixes. Here's the list:

- Screen now stays on while the Treo 600 is actively being used and will turn off again when activity stops (after another delay). This allows users to use the other features of the Treo 600 (calendar, games, etc.) without the screen going off.
    - Fixed issue with screen auto-off delay setting. The screen should now turn off closer to the specified time.
    - Added additional screen auto-off delay settings. They now go up to one minute.
    - Screen now turns off when phone is answered by headset button.

I think this version is very close to a release candidate. Please let me know of any issues you have.

EDIT: Forgot to mention... Anyone who got a pre-release of v1.0.4b will want to delete that before installing this new version.

Thanks,
    Geoff

Good work Geoff! I think I'm ready to keep my end of the deal and make my purchase of PhoneGaurd this weekend.
    J

This should be possible. I'll consider it.

Geoff
    Great. If that's added, I'll definitely purchase it.

Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Hi everyone,

I have a utility I've put together to help debug the problems some of you are having on GSM phones. If any GSM users would like to help out, please PM me and I'll send it to you with instructions.

Sincerely,
    Geoff
    Geoff

I'm not sure which GSM problem you are refering to, but I list my problem below.

I have had this problem with both 1.0.3b & 4b, but I did not get the reset problem others had with 3b.

My problem is that once PG has turned off the screen for the first time, it then over rides the default Palm Turn Off time and turns off the Treo after PG's set time. This happens all the time, whether you are on a call or not. It also makes any button wake up the Treo, which I had turned off with Disable Buttons prc.

If your utility will help debug this, please let me know how to get it.

I am on Orange GSM in the UK

Thanks,

Chas
    Geoff,
    Man, I am not happy....
    your new version works just like you said! I have nothing to complain about....... that's no fun

Worked like a champ. I restored the selections to the OE settings, deleted both files (PhoneGuard and PhoneGuard_PGR_appl_a68k ) and then went to you mobile site and downloaded the PRC right from my Treo.

The coolest thing is that I went to put in the Reg code and it already had it and it worked. How did that happen? Your the man!
    I deleted both of the files that I thought Phone Guard uses. Does it do something to anthother file (like a prefernce/Setup) file too?
    Neat trick. Let me know, I would like to learn (or at least be told how it works).

Regards, Matt
  6.    #106  
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    Geoff,
    Man, I am not happy....
    your new version works just like you said! I have nothing to complain about....... that's no fun
    Had me going there for a second...

The coolest thing is that I went to put in the Reg code and it already had it and it worked. How did that happen? Your the man!
    I deleted both of the files that I thought Phone Guard uses. Does it do something to anthother file (like a prefernce/Setup) file too?
    Neat trick. Let me know, I would like to learn (or at least be told how it works).

Regards, Matt
    I prefer not to give information about how my apps are registered. It makes it too easy for the warez folks to crack them. Sorry...

Geoff
    I asked/thought about it as an honest person, which I am...Upon thinking about it(reading your post), it was not so smart to ask that question I guess...

Can I have the combination to your house safe and your one or two of you gredit card numbers...

Keep up the good programing!
    Thanks, matt
  8.    #108  
    I asked/thought about it as an honest person, which I am...
    Matt,

I just wanted to let you know I never doubted your integrity. You are, after all, already a registered PhoneGuard user.

Thanks for registering as well as your kind words.

Sincerely,
    Geoff
    I knew that, I also know you didn't mean that. I was just saying, that when one is honest, they sometimes miss the obvoius. As I did in this case by asking the question. Like i said, I might as well of asked for your credit card (more or less). However, I do appreciate you taking the time to make sure we were on the same page. It's all good!
    While your were looking into the HS phone app. Did you happen to see if, or find a way to toggle the phone modes with the phone hot key. I think on the Teo300 (it's been a while, I may be wrong), that you could hit the phone hotkey once for phone app and again (with in the software window) for contacts. Just curious if it's posiable or not.

I like how the calendar hotkey toggles thru the different modes (day,week, month, Etc). I wold love to be able to toggle from phone to contacts with the Phone hotkey and from web to bookmarks with the Web hotkey.

perhaps there is an app that does this already, I don't know of one, if someone does, hook my up! thanks, Matt
    Geoff (of Geekware fame),

First off, let me offer my thanks for PG. Great app, and seems to work well (not perfectly, but good enough that I'll be buying this week).

Now, forgive me if this has already been covered, but I've been speed-reading through these posts, and don't remember everything. I wondered if it would be possible to turn the screen off manually (using the power button, etc.) instead of, or in addition to the auto-time-out?

Pocket-Tunes (the mp3 player for Palm OS) does this. IMO, it would be the solution to everyone wanting different auto-off time options.

Is this do-able? Has it already been requested?

BTW, I'm a GSM user in Canada, so I'll PM you to get that utility you mentioned. I am getting the same auto-off issue as mentioned by Chas (PG over rides the default Palm Turn Off time and turns off the Treo after PG's set time).
  11.    #111  
    Originally posted by thudson
    Now, forgive me if this has already been covered, but I've been speed-reading through these posts, and don't remember everything. I wondered if it would be possible to turn the screen off manually (using the power button, etc.) instead of, or in addition to the auto-time-out?

Pocket-Tunes (the mp3 player for Palm OS) does this. IMO, it would be the solution to everyone wanting different auto-off time options.

Is this do-able? Has it already been requested?
    This feature has been requested and is something I'll consider for a future release. Right now I'm working to get PhoneGuard stable on GSM phones.

Geoff
    The notorious "Q" button...
    Geoff, For what it's worth, even though the "Q" button would be great, I am 110% happy with the current version.
    Please add feature to toggle the screen during call, with the power/keyguard button. Great work so far, but this would make it golden.
    All noobs click here
    I experienced an interesting problem with the PhoneGuard running on my Treo 600. After I have answered a call, the QWERTY keypad gets totally disabled!

I can't use it til I do a soft-reset.

Any solution for this?
  15.    #115  
    Originally posted by niksptan
    I experienced an interesting problem with the PhoneGuard running on my Treo 600. After I have answered a call, the QWERTY keypad gets totally disabled!

I can't use it til I do a soft-reset.

Any solution for this?
    Can you give me some additional details? What type of phone do you have (GSM/CDMA)? What version of PhoneGuard are you using?

GSM users have reported problems similar to this. I expect these to be fixed in the next version.

Geoff
  16.    #116  
    The notorious "Q" button...
    Geoff, For what it's worth, even though the "Q" button would be great, I am 110% happy with the current version.
    Originally posted by ProDucer
    Please add feature to toggle the screen during call, with the power/keyguard button. Great work so far, but this would make it golden.
    This may be forthcoming in the next release... stay tuned.
    SWEEEEEEET!!!
    All noobs click here
    I'm a GSM user in India and I am getting the same auto-off issue as mentioned by Chas (PhoneGuard over rides the default Palm Turn Off time and turns off the Treo after PhoneGuard's set time). Also the screen does nto turn off when I make or recieve calls.
  19.    #119  
    Originally posted by Sanjay
    I'm a GSM user in India and I am getting the same auto-off issue as mentioned by Chas (PhoneGuard over rides the default Palm Turn Off time and turns off the Treo after PhoneGuard's set time). Also the screen does nto turn off when I make or recieve calls.
    Sanjay,

I just got an update from Chas that my latest beta (v1.0.5b) is working well on his GSM phone. I expect to release something here soon.

In the meantime, can you check to see if you have the carkit.prc application on your phone? Others have reported that this application affects the screen auto-off feature.

Thanks,
    Geoff

Sanjay,

I just got an update from Chas that my latest beta (v1.0.5b) is working well on his GSM phone. I expect to release something here soon.

In the meantime, can you check to see if you have the carkit.prc application on your phone? Others have reported that this application affects the screen auto-off feature.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Check the FirmWare and Software numbers. Go to the phone app, tap menu> options> phone info, while wireless modes is on (it must be on). And find your FW and SW numbers.

If you have 2.08/1.08 or higher, then carkit.prc is in ROM.
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast