Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 250
  1. #81  
    Originally posted by TR30


    Had the same problem a few times already (on previous versions). Sometimes during a call, all keys on the keyboard are no longer functioning. Noticed it the first time I was pressing the "Home" key (it wouldn't go to my Home screen). But after a while of talking on the phone, I'll try again, and the keyboard keys for some reason are working again.

    I thought this problem had to do with TreoButler's "invisible keyguard." Not too sure though.
    I have TreoButler installed, but I'm not using the "invisible keyguard" feature. Thanks for the info though.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
  2. #82  
    Originally posted by geakware


    It's very possibly a conflict. Can you experiment a little to see if you can figure out what app might be turning the screen back on?

    Geoff

    Geoff,

    I am using a CDMA Sprint Treo600. The conflict that "phoneguard" (the screen turns back on and remains on for the duration of the call) seems to have is with "treo600 alert manager" (pdaapps).

    I have Treoalert mgr set to alert me every 10 seconds. With this setting, Phoneguard can not keep the phone screen off during a call. After changing the alert interval to every 300 seconds, phoneguard now keeps the phone screen off while in a call.

    Is this conflict anything that you could look into. I realize that its not a phoneguard problem, but I would really appreciate being able to use both of these programs together without changing any of my settings? I actually tried bumping up my alert intervals to 30 seconds, but that just means that the screen turns off and then back on again after 30 seconds instead of 10 seconds.
  3. #83  
    Originally posted by elysian9

    I'm aware you have not had time to fix the screen-off feature for GSM phones.

    Sorry if I've missed something in your posts, but our problem is most certainly the carkit.prc thing, IMO. Even if Geoff "fixed" the screen-off feature for GSM phones, if you've got FW 2.08 or higher, your screen will constantly turn back on.
    Gotcha, elysian9. Thanks for the info.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
  4. #84  
    This seems to work fine on my Sprint T600. But...

    There's one additional feature that I'd like to see implemented. And that's the ability to prevent the 4 hard buttons from muting the ringer.

    I carry mine in my pants pocket, and I think I've missed more than one call because one of the hard buttons muted the ringer before I heard it. For me, blocking these keys is more important that the space bar auto-answer problem.

    Any chance of adding this capability in the near future? Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  5.    #85  
    Originally posted by aolumide
    Geoff,

    Not to be the constant bearer of bad news...
    Don't worry about it. That's what this thread is for.

    ...after installation, the 'home' key on my treo's keyboard lost its mapping and ceased to function at all. On deleting Phoneguard using Uninstall Manager, the home key regained proper functional status.[/B]
    Sounds to me like PhoneGuard didn't detect that you had answered a call. This would leave it in a state where it's blocking the keys. How are you answering the call? To my knowledge, there are 5 ways to answer a call:

    1. Press the space key.
    2. Press the enter key.
    3. Press the on-screen 'Answer' button when you get a call from a caller who is not a favorite and does not have a picture associated with them.
    4. Press the on-screen 'Answer' button when you get a call from a favorite WITH a picture. (This is a different screen than #3).
    5. Press the button on your headset.

    Am I missing any? If not, it's possible some GSM phones don't respond to the above 5 events the same as my CDMA phone.

    I'm therefore going to cease testing this software until other forum members owning GSM phones claim to have consistent and stable functionality.[/B]
    I completely understand if you decide to do this. This is beta software, and as such will be unstable for some users. Those who rely on their phones may not want to use the software until the bugs have been worked out.

    That said, I hope you'll stick with it. I'm sure you understand that it's difficult to debug problems on hardware I don't own. This, of course, is the reason I posted to this forum in the first place. I really appreciate all of the GSM owners out there who've stepped up to help. I especially appreciate those, such as yourself, who've registered.

    Rest assured that I will do everything I can to get PhoneGuard working properly for GSM phones. Also, know that I have a 30-day satisfaction guarantee for just this reason. If I can't get it working to your satisfaction, I WILL honor that guarantee.

    Sincerely,
    Geoff
  6.    #86  
    Originally posted by geofones
    OK I reinstalled it same problem initially. That is keyboard is locked if all boxes are unticked.

    However, I then ticked the box "Other Keys Silence Ringer" the keyboard then worked fine in normal mode.

    Unticking the OKSR box after a few test calls makes the keyboard work OK.

    Next test was all boxes unchecked made test call, pressing keypad didnt answer but pressing the phone (far left) key caused display to blank out and send call to answering service after this the keyboard is locked again!!!

    rang phone again now pressing phone key was ok and pressing cancel on screen stopped ringing but to external caller no change just keeps ringing .

    keyboard still locked for only me. however tapping 'on' key causes a false entry but doesnt unlock main keyboard.

    However, answering another call unlocks keyboard and all is OK

    Ticking OKSR box means that incoming calls seemed to be answered with space bar.

    Sorry this is all very confusing
    Geoff
    Please see my previous post to aolumide. I think on some GSM phones, PhoneGuard may not be detecting that a call is answered. This leaves PhoneGuard in an inconsistent state where it continues to block the keys. What method are you using to answer calls?
  7.    #87  
    Originally posted by paulsjmail



    Geoff,

    I am using a CDMA Sprint Treo600. The conflict that "phoneguard" (the screen turns back on and remains on for the duration of the call) seems to have is with "treo600 alert manager" (pdaapps).

    I have Treoalert mgr set to alert me every 10 seconds. With this setting, Phoneguard can not keep the phone screen off during a call. After changing the alert interval to every 300 seconds, phoneguard now keeps the phone screen off while in a call.

    Is this conflict anything that you could look into. I realize that its not a phoneguard problem, but I would really appreciate being able to use both of these programs together without changing any of my settings? I actually tried bumping up my alert intervals to 30 seconds, but that just means that the screen turns off and then back on again after 30 seconds instead of 10 seconds.
    There may be something I can do here. I'll look into it.

    Geoff
  8.    #88  
    Originally posted by meyerweb
    This seems to work fine on my Sprint T600. But...

    There's one additional feature that I'd like to see implemented. And that's the ability to prevent the 4 hard buttons from muting the ringer.

    I carry mine in my pants pocket, and I think I've missed more than one call because one of the hard buttons muted the ringer before I heard it. For me, blocking these keys is more important that the space bar auto-answer problem.

    Any chance of adding this capability in the near future? Thanks,
    This should be possible. I'll consider it.

    Geoff
  9. #89  
    Originally posted by geakware
    Sounds to me like PhoneGuard didn't detect that you had answered a call. This would leave it in a state where it's blocking the keys. How are you answering the call? To my knowledge, there are 5 ways to answer a call:

    1. Press the space key.
    2. Press the enter key.
    3. Press the on-screen 'Answer' button when you get a call from a caller who is not a favorite and does not have a picture associated with them.
    4. Press the on-screen 'Answer' button when you get a call from a favorite WITH a picture. (This is a different screen than #3).
    5. Press the button on your headset.

    Am I missing any? If not, it's possible some GSM phones don't respond to the above 5 events the same as my CDMA phone.
    Geoff,

    Thanks for the response. On my phone, specifically, in:

    Prefs > Keyguard

    I have the "Disable touchscreen when: incoming calls received" checkbox selected. I usually depress the center D-pad button to answer a call. I don't beleive this answer call option is in your list above.

    aolumide
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
  10. #90  
    Originally posted by geakware
    Version 1.0.4b has been posted to my website at http://www.geakware.com/phoneguard/d...rd_v1_0_4b.zip and on the mobile edition as usual.

    This update has a lot of changes/fixes. Here's the list:

    - Screen now stays on while the Treo 600 is actively being used and will turn off again when activity stops (after another delay). This allows users to use the other features of the Treo 600 (calendar, games, etc.) without the screen going off.
    - Fixed issue with screen auto-off delay setting. The screen should now turn off closer to the specified time.
    - Added additional screen auto-off delay settings. They now go up to one minute.
    - Screen now turns off when phone is answered by headset button.

    I think this version is very close to a release candidate. Please let me know of any issues you have.

    EDIT: Forgot to mention... Anyone who got a pre-release of v1.0.4b will want to delete that before installing this new version.

    Thanks,
    Geoff
    Geoff,

    Does this include the fix for the looping reset with GSM phones?

    Can't wait to use it!

    Thanks.
  11.    #91  
    Originally posted by silky_green


    Geoff,

    Does this include the fix for the looping reset with GSM phones?

    Can't wait to use it!

    Thanks.
    Yes.
  12. #92  
    Geoff,

    I uninstalled and re-installed Phoneguard. I have the space and return key checkboxes unchecked.

    However, both these keys can still be depressed to answer calls. To be clear, this has worked quite well in the past. I have not installed any new s/w since I started testing this beta, so this behaviour is really beyond me at this point.

    Just another $0.02 cents of info.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
  13. #93  
    I am using a CDMA Sprint Treo600. The conflict that "phoneguard" (the screen turns back on and remains on for the duration of the call) seems to have is with "treo600 alert manager" (pdaapps).

    I have Treoalert mgr set to alert me every 10 seconds. With this setting, Phoneguard can not keep the phone screen off during a call. After changing the alert interval to every 300 seconds, phoneguard now keeps the phone screen off while in a call.

    Is this conflict anything that you could look into. I realize that its not a phoneguard problem, but I would really appreciate being able to use both of these programs together without changing any of my settings? I actually tried bumping up my alert intervals to 30 seconds, but that just means that the screen turns off and then back on again after 30 seconds instead of 10 seconds.
    From what I remember, TreoAlertMgr can cause issues with other apps if it's set to less the 120sec. I forgot where on this forum i saw this, but i keep mine on no less the 120sec.
  14. #94  
    After hotsync. 2 times. Then not.
  15. #95  
    10 sec is way too short for me - I'd like something around a minute or two. I don't mind the screen staying on for lots of short phone calls, but it's the 2 hour ones that I want the screen to dim.

    Also, pressing 7 to delete a voicemail (and any key for that matter) has no effect when the screen is off.


    Thanks,
    Peter
  16. #96  
    I just installed Version 1.0.4b on a GSM 600 phone. I de-selected "Other Keys Silence Ringer", but the keylock/screen off button still seems to silence the ringer.

    Is this correct? I thought the idea was that all keys would be prevented from turning off the ringer if "accidentally" pressed.

    Also, the Home and Menu buttons are now disabled when the "Other Keys..." checkbox is deselected. I thought this issues was addressed?

    Thanks!

    Mark
  17.    #97  
    Originally posted by phandel
    10 sec is way too short for me - I'd like something around a minute or two. I don't mind the screen staying on for lots of short phone calls, but it's the 2 hour ones that I want the screen to dim.

    Also, pressing 7 to delete a voicemail (and any key for that matter) has no effect when the screen is off.


    Thanks,
    Peter
    The current version supports a delay of up to 1 minute. I may extend this if people want it, though not beyond two minutes.

    When the screen is off, the keyboard is not active. There's nothing I can do here for normal calls. I may be able to detect when you make a voicemail call and not turn off the screen. I'll look into doing this.
  18.    #98  
    Originally posted by argonne69
    I just installed Version 1.0.4b on a GSM 600 phone. I de-selected "Other Keys Silence Ringer", but the keylock/screen off button still seems to silence the ringer.

    Is this correct? I thought the idea was that all keys would be prevented from turning off the ringer if "accidentally" pressed.
    This is expected behavior. PhoneGuard doesn't disable the four hard keys. I'm getting a lot of requests for this, so I may change the behavior to do this.

    Also, the Home and Menu buttons are now disabled when the "Other Keys..." checkbox is deselected. I thought this issues was addressed?

    Thanks!

    Mark
    These keys should only be disabled right after an incoming call is received and should re-enable once the call is answered. Not sure if this is what you're seeing. However, some GSM users have reported problems with the keys staying disabled. I'm working on a utility to help debug this problem and hope to post it here soon.

    Geoff
  19. #99  
    Originally posted by geakware

    When the screen is off, the keyboard is not active. There's nothing I can do here for normal calls. I may be able to detect when you make a voicemail call and not turn off the screen. I'll look into doing this.
    Ahh, that's very interesting. Now I understand why the Treo doesn't by default turn off the screen during a call. I think your app does the best it can with the backlight, but this is really going to take a fix by PalmOne, so the backlight can be shut down without disabling the keyboard.

    Thanks for your efforts.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  20.    #100  
    Originally posted by meyerweb
    ...but this is really going to take a fix by PalmOne...
    I agree. The palmOne devices like the Zire 71 and others have a completely different API for turning off the screen... one that doesn't turn everything else off. On these devices, a simple tap of the screen will turn it back on.

    On a side note, if the Treo 600 used the same API as the palmOne devices, apps like carkit.prc couldn't hijack the screen either.

    Unfortunately, we're stuck with what Handspring implemented... at least until palmOne releases the next Treo.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions