Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 250
  1.    #61  
    Originally posted by aolumide
    Geoff,

    Makes sense to do that. Any new info on the 'screen turn off not working' issue?

    Cheers.

    aolumide
    I haven't had much time to look into the carkit.prc issue yet. I have some thoughts about this, but will post them later. I'm currently trying to get v1.0.4b released.

    Geoff
  2. #62  
    Geoff, since you're probably an expert on the keyboard and power state APIs, I thought I'd throw in another feature request:

    Could you add something similar to DisButtons? I'm using that utility to replace the keyguard - instead of having to click a button + Center, I only have to double-click the power button. Problem is that DisButtons is fairly buggy and I often end up clicking five times before it will recognize a double click.

    The other settings of DisButtons aren't interesting really: all I need is "Press the power button to switch the device off (ie screen and all keys are disabled) and switch it back on in the event of a double click on the power button".

    Plz let me know if the description is unclear.
  3. #63  
    KeepOff does this. It was just posted the other day somewhere here at TC. It does exactly what you describe. Sorry I don't have the link handy. (Posting from T600.)
  4. #64  
    GeakWare is my hero...thanks for a great and much needed app!
    "Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever." -- L. Armstrong
  5.    #65  
    Originally posted by Mol
    Geoff, since you're probably an expert on the keyboard and power state APIs, I thought I'd throw in another feature request:

    Could you add something similar to DisButtons? I'm using that utility to replace the keyguard - instead of having to click a button + Center, I only have to double-click the power button. Problem is that DisButtons is fairly buggy and I often end up clicking five times before it will recognize a double click.

    The other settings of DisButtons aren't interesting really: all I need is "Press the power button to switch the device off (ie screen and all keys are disabled) and switch it back on in the event of a double click on the power button".

    Plz let me know if the description is unclear.
    Mol,

    I have two apps that already do this. While they haven't been updated for the Treo 600, they do work. The apps are PocketProtector and PocketProtector+. They both will prevent any of the hard keys from turning on your Treo 600. They both also have a MultiPress feature that allows you to specify how many times you have to press a button to turn on the device. However, the MultiPress feature currently only works with the main power button (not the one next to the 5-way navigator) on the Treo 600. PocketProtector+ also includes a ScreenDim feature to dim the screen while you're not doing anything. It helps to save battery life, though the screen doesn't dim as dramatically on the Treo 600.

    My intent is to udate these apps to work properly on the Treo 600. However, they should currently meet the need you described. If KeepOff doesn't meet your needs, give them a try. Both are available on my website.

    Geoff
  6. #66  
    Thx elysian and Geoff. I'll give these utilities a try.

    There's just too much stuff being developed right now...I can't keep track of all of them anymore, especially because I'm still spending too much time on finding the unlock code Any good assembly programmers / Palm Debugger specialists out there?
  7. #67  
    Originally posted by Mol
    Thx elysian and Geoff. I'll give these utilities a try.

    There's just too much stuff being developed right now...I can't keep track of all of them anymore, especially because I'm still spending too much time on finding the unlock code Any good assembly programmers / Palm Debugger specialists out there?
    Tried keepoff but it doesn't do what I'm looking for. I want to double click the power button next to the 5-way (call me picky....). Oh well, I'll just wait till you've updated PocketProtector.
  8.    #68  
    Version 1.0.4b has been posted to my website at http://www.geakware.com/phoneguard/d...rd_v1_0_4b.zip and on the mobile edition as usual.

    This update has a lot of changes/fixes. Here's the list:

    - Screen now stays on while the Treo 600 is actively being used and will turn off again when activity stops (after another delay). This allows users to use the other features of the Treo 600 (calendar, games, etc.) without the screen going off.
    - Fixed issue with screen auto-off delay setting. The screen should now turn off closer to the specified time.
    - Added additional screen auto-off delay settings. They now go up to one minute.
    - Screen now turns off when phone is answered by headset button.

    I think this version is very close to a release candidate. Please let me know of any issues you have.

    EDIT: Forgot to mention... Anyone who got a pre-release of v1.0.4b will want to delete that before installing this new version.

    Thanks,
    Geoff
  9. #69  
    GREAT program! Just registered v1.0.4b. Works flawlessly! Thanks!
  10. #70  
    Geoff, Sorry to sound like a dimwit, but in the past, I would go back into Phone Guard and return everything to the OE state and then delete the app. After that, I would download the new version. After my 1.0.2 download, I registered it.

    How do I update now?
    1. Do I just download it?
    2. Delete the app, download the new one(1.0.4) and use the same registration code that I used for 1.0.2?

    Thanks, Matt
  11.    #71  
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    Geoff, Sorry to sound like a dimwit, but in the past, I would go back into Phone Guard and return everything to the OE state and then delete the app. After that, I would download the new version. After my 1.0.2 download, I registered it.

    How do I update now?
    1. Do I just download it?
    2. Delete the app, download the new one(1.0.4) and use the same registration code that I used for 1.0.2?

    Thanks, Matt
    Matt,

    Yes. Just delete the existing version (be sure to save your registration key), then install the new one.

    Anyone who's registered can upgrade to newer versions for free (until a 2.x release, which I don't expect anytime soon). This means you'll all get free access to bug fixes.

    Thanks for registering.

    Sincerely,
    Geoff
  12. #72  
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    Geoff, Sorry to sound like a dimwit, but in the past, I would go back into Phone Guard and return everything to the OE state and then delete the app. After that, I would download the new version. After my 1.0.2 download, I registered it.

    How do I update now?
    1. Do I just download it?
    2. Delete the app, download the new one(1.0.4) and use the same registration code that I used for 1.0.2?

    Thanks, Matt
    On A GSM, I tried installing over the previous version. This resulted in PG not working at all. Deleted previous version, reinstalled new version and good to go. Re-enter your reg code. Hope that helps.
  13. #73  
    Just installed on T600 GSM. The soft reset loop seems to be cured now.

    However, after unticking all the boxes it seemed to disable the entire keypad which means that after the time out I couldnt get back in again as I couldnt enter the 'only Me' password!

    However, I was saved by an incoming call which unlocked the keypad. However, I can now answer the call with all the usual keys even though all the boxes are unchecked.

    I have now removed the app. as I hate been locked out of my Treo!
    Geoff
  14. #74  
    Originally posted by geofones
    Just installed on T600 GSM. The soft reset loop seems to be cured now.

    However, after unticking all the boxes it seemed to disable the entire keypad which means that after the time out I couldnt get back in again as I couldnt enter the 'only Me' password!

    However, I was saved by an incoming call which unlocked the keypad. However, I can now answer the call with all the usual keys even though all the boxes are unchecked.

    I have now removed the app. as I hate been locked out of my Treo!
    Geoff
    Did you remove the previous version before installing the new one?
  15.    #75  
    Originally posted by geofones
    Just installed on T600 GSM. The soft reset loop seems to be cured now.

    However, after unticking all the boxes it seemed to disable the entire keypad which means that after the time out I couldnt get back in again as I couldnt enter the 'only Me' password!

    However, I was saved by an incoming call which unlocked the keypad. However, I can now answer the call with all the usual keys even though all the boxes are unchecked.

    I have now removed the app. as I hate been locked out of my Treo!
    Geoff
    PhoneGuard should only disable the keyboard during an incoming call, and then only if you've unchecked 'Other keys silence ringer'. As elysian9 suggests, you might want to uninstall/re-install. If you continue to have problems let me know and I'll download only Me and see if I can duplicate it.

    Geoff
  16. #76  
    Thanks for suggestions.
    I removed the previous loopy version by doing a hard reset and also removing it from the PC archive.
    In the interests of science I will reinstall latest version but it is making me very nervous.......
  17. #77  
    Originally posted by geakware


    PhoneGuard should only disable the keyboard during an incoming call, and then only if you've unchecked 'Other keys silence ringer'. As elysian9 suggests, you might want to uninstall/re-install. If you continue to have problems let me know and I'll download only Me and see if I can duplicate it.

    Geoff
    Geoff,

    Not to be the constant bearer of bad news, but for me, it seems to be from one thing to the next.

    I just installed the latest version of Phoneguard. (I'd previously uninstalled the last version).

    I'm aware you have not had time to fix the screen-off feature for GSM phones.


    Nevertheless, after installation, the 'home' key on my treo's keyboard lost its mapping and ceased to function at all. On deleting Phoneguard using Uninstall Manager, the home key regained proper functional status.

    I'm therefore going to cease testing this software until other forum members owning GSM phones claim to have consistent and stable functionality.

    P.S. This IS a registered copy.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
  18. #78  

    I'm aware you have not had time to fix the screen-off feature for GSM phones.

    Sorry if I've missed something in your posts, but our problem is most certainly the carkit.prc thing, IMO. Even if Geoff "fixed" the screen-off feature for GSM phones, if you've got FW 2.08 or higher, your screen will constantly turn back on.


    Nevertheless, after installation, the 'home' key on my treo's keyboard lost its mapping and ceased to function at all. On deleting Phoneguard using Uninstall Manager, the home key regained proper functional status.


    What a drag. That did not happen to me. I'm OK on that one. Except for the carkit/screen/off/on thing, I'm finding this release to be good and so far stable. Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble.
  19. #79  
    Originally posted by aolumide
    Nevertheless, after installation, the 'home' key on my treo's keyboard lost its mapping and ceased to function at all. On deleting Phoneguard using Uninstall Manager, the home key regained proper functional status.
    Had the same problem a few times already (on previous versions). Sometimes during a call, all keys on the keyboard are no longer functioning. Noticed it the first time I was pressing the "Home" key (it wouldn't go to my Home screen). But after a while of talking on the phone, I'll try again, and the keyboard keys for some reason are working again.

    I thought this problem had to do with TreoButler's "invisible keyguard." Not too sure though.
  20. #80  
    OK I reinstalled it same problem initially. That is keyboard is locked if all boxes are unticked.

    However, I then ticked the box "Other Keys Silence Ringer" the keyboard then worked fine in normal mode.

    Unticking the OKSR box after a few test calls makes the keyboard work OK.

    Next test was all boxes unchecked made test call, pressing keypad didnt answer but pressing the phone (far left) key caused display to blank out and send call to answering service after this the keyboard is locked again!!!

    rang phone again now pressing phone key was ok and pressing cancel on screen stopped ringing but to external caller no change just keeps ringing .

    keyboard still locked for only me. however tapping 'on' key causes a false entry but doesnt unlock main keyboard.

    However, answering another call unlocks keyboard and all is OK

    Ticking OKSR box means that incoming calls seemed to be answered with space bar.

    Sorry this is all very confusing
    Geoff
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions