Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    encountered the same reset loop on my GSM phone and needed to hard reset.

Firmware: 02.02
    Software: Treo600-1.06-CNG
    Hardware: B

looking forward to a fix...
    Have had same problem here, with my T600. wondered if its an interaction with another app. Like Onlyme, Treohelper etc?
    Geoff
    Originally posted by geofones
    Have had same problem here, with my T600. wondered if its an interaction with another app. Like Onlyme, Treohelper etc?
    Geoff
    Works fine so far for me (CDMA Treo). I just registered the 1.02b version. Nice product - thanks!
    Geakware,

Great application, been looking for this ever since sandman was a temporary fix for the screen off problem. Works great on my Sprint Treo. I know you probably will be spending alot of time to get it to work on the GSM model since i think no one has got it to work yet, but here are some of my requests for future versions:

1. The ability to disable more keys (like phone, date, d-pad, etc...)

jaslo has made a keepoff app here that successfully does this, but does not incorporate the auto screen off or have the ability to choose what keys to disable. I think you maybe could talk to him to incorporate some of his ideas/code in your phoneguard app.

2. Either a longer time before screen shuts off, or a user entered value.

Currently i like to call my bank to check my balance and listening for the prompts before entering my account info the screen shuts off and the keyboard does not let entry.

3. On that note, allow the keyboard to have entry capabilities during a call with the screen off.

I like to use the space bar to turn on and off the speaker phone, and again to use the number pad to enter touch tone information, but when the screen shuts off this is not allowed.

4. Have the app keep enabled after a soft reset.

I know you are working on this as it was a request of some others here.

I have already registering this amazing app and looking forward to future developments. I am very impressed of the amount of apps that have been created lately solving the requests of many users of this form...really looking forward to the app that sends unknown callers directly to voice mail.

Now I just would just like someone to create an app to always keep the backlight on without have to press the opt+P key. (please don't tell me about glowhack, or mlights, they both do what they say, but not what I or others in this forum want) One can just keep hoping.

Anyways, great work geakware!

digidep
    1.0.2 Sprint/CDMA...Tow thumbs up. No hitchs so far. I need to register it. WHen I hit buy, I get an 404 forbiden error. I'll try again.
    Thanks, matt
    Done...Via PayPal
    ... while lauchching into PG . Don't know why. Hopefully this will be unique and won't happen again...
  8.    #48  
    Hi everyone,

I just posted a new beta to my website. It has only one change intended to fix the soft rest loop problem on GSM phones. I've tested the fix in three different versions of the GSM Simulator with no problems. Just to verify, I also tested 1.0.2b which exhibits the reset problem even in the Simulator. I'm very hopeful this release will solve the GSM reset issue. Please try it and let me know.

It's available on my website at http://www.geakware.com/phoneguard/d...rd_v1_0_3b.zip and on the mobile version as usual.

Thanks to everyone who's helped test thus far. I truly appreciate all of your encouragement and kind words.

Sincerely,
    Geoff
    Originally posted by geakware
    Hi everyone,

I just posted a new beta to my website. It has only one change intended to fix the soft rest loop problem on GSM phones. I've tested the fix in three different versions of the GSM Simulator with no problems. Just to verify, I also tested 1.0.2b which exhibits the reset problem even in the Simulator. I'm very hopeful this release will solve the GSM reset issue. Please try it and let me know.

It's available on my website at http://www.geakware.com/phoneguard/d...rd_v1_0_3b.zip and on the mobile version as usual.

Thanks to everyone who's helped test thus far. I truly appreciate all of your encouragement and kind words.

Sincerely,
    Geoff
    Geoff,

Thanks for the new beta. It does seem to have fixed the soft-reset loop issue. Also, the space, return, and backspace buttons function as expected.

However, I have 2 new issues:

The screen-turn-off functionality does not work for :
    1) outgoing calls made from my GSM Treo. The screen does not turn off at all after the time period has elapsed.

2) incoming calls to my GSM Treo. The screen turns off after the time period has elapsed, but then immediately turns back on.

In both cases above, I have the 'turn screen off after' parameter set to 5 seconds.

rgds,

aolumide
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Originally posted by aolumide
    2) incoming calls to my GSM Treo. The screen turns off after the time period has elapsed, but then immediately turns back on.
    So far so good with this new build on my Sprint T600.

Also did notice my screen turning back on after a while (not on this version, but on previous versions). Not too sure if it was my other apps causing it to turn on, such as Snapper's auto-fetch feature or TreoAlertManager conflicting with PhoneGuard as it did with SandMan, or if it's just PhoneGuard alone. I guess I can disable some of the other apps and see who's the culprit. I'll keep you posted.
  11.    #51  
    Originally posted by digidep
    Geakware,

Great application...
    Thanks!

1. The ability to disable more keys (like phone, date, d-pad, etc...)

jaslo has made a keepoff app here that successfully does this, but does not incorporate the auto screen off or have the ability to choose what keys to disable. I think you maybe could talk to him to incorporate some of his ideas/code in your phoneguard app.
    This is a possibility I'll consider, though probably not right away.

2. Either a longer time before screen shuts off, or a user entered value.
    Here's my proposed solution (coming in v1.0.4b). I'll extend the screen off delay to up to one minute. Then, if the user is actively using their Treo (tapping on the screen or typing), the screen will stay on. Once the user stops doing anything, the screen will turn off again after another delay.

3. On that note, allow the keyboard to have entry capabilities during a call with the screen off.
    I don't think this will be possible. The OS shuts down the keyboard at the same time it shuts down the screen. There's not way to keep it active (that I'm aware of anyway).

4. Have the app keep enabled after a soft reset.

I know you are working on this as it was a request of some others here.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. PhoneGuard is always enabled and should re-enable after a reset. User's have reported problems with soft resets loops, but this should be corrected in the current beta (v1.0.3b). If you meant something else, please let me know.

I have already registering this amazing app and looking forward to future developments.
    Again, thanks! Your support is appreciated.

...really looking forward to the app that sends unknown callers directly to voice mail.

Now I just would just like someone to create an app to always keep the backlight on without have to press the opt+P key. (please don't tell me about glowhack, or mlights, they both do what they say, but not what I or others in this forum want) One can just keep hoping.
    We'll see...
    Originally posted by jsobers
    I would like to see your app turn off the Phone screen after leaving the Phone app and then returning once more to the Phone app...
    Huh? Just curious, why would you need that? Anyway, nice looking app Geoff! I'll report back my experiences after some testing!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions

Geoff,

Thanks for the new beta. It does seem to have fixed the soft-reset loop issue. Also, the space, return, and backspace buttons function as expected.

However, I have 2 new issues:

The screen-turn-off functionality does not work for :
    1) outgoing calls made from my GSM Treo. The screen does not turn off at all after the time period has elapsed.

In both cases above, I have the 'turn screen off after' parameter set to 5 seconds.

rgds,

aolumide
    Sounds like you have FW 2.08 or 2.09, which includes carkit.prc in ROM. If you do then read my post here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...honeguard.html
    Geoff,

I am using a cdma (sprint) Treo600. All the other functions except the "screen turn off" feature work well. Like clock work everytime, the treo will turn off its screen after 10 seconds while on a call.... but after another 10-12 seconds the screen pops back on and remains on for the duration of the call.

Do you have any ideas as to why this is happening? I haven't read about anyone else with a cdma treo having that problem so maybe its some sort of conflict with another application?
    Originally posted by elysian9

Sounds like you have FW 2.08 or 2.09, which includes carkit.prc in ROM. If you do then read my post here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...honeguard.html
    elysian9,

Oh, wow.

I really appreciate the heads-up. I had no idea there was another thread dealing with the carkit.prc/PG conflict problem. Interesting turn of events. I guess I just won't use the screen diable feature in PG. Thanks again.

elysian9,

Oh, wow.

I really appreciate the heads-up. I had no idea there was another thread dealing with the carkit.prc/PG conflict problem. Interesting turn of events. I guess I just won't use the screen diable feature in PG. Thanks again.
    Maybe Geoff will find a fix for this. It makes me kind of nuts.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I just installed the latest build on my Treo 600 GSM and I am happy to say that the looping reset has went away. That said I did recieve a wierd reset related to PG. When I checked it I recieved the following:

A reset was caused on 1/27/04 at 8:37 am while running "PhoneGuard":

Preferences.c, Line:271, PrefDB Open Error

If continues to repeat I will let you know.

Thanks!
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
  18.    #58  
    Originally posted by paulsjmail
    Geoff,

I am using a cdma (sprint) Treo600. All the other functions except the "screen turn off" feature work well. Like clock work everytime, the treo will turn off its screen after 10 seconds while on a call.... but after another 10-12 seconds the screen pops back on and remains on for the duration of the call.

Do you have any ideas as to why this is happening? I haven't read about anyone else with a cdma treo having that problem so maybe its some sort of conflict with another application?
    It's very possibly a conflict. Can you experiment a little to see if you can figure out what app might be turning the screen back on?

Geoff
  19.    #59  

elysian9,

Oh, wow.

Just FYI, the thread mentioned by elysian9 is 'closed'.

I requested this so that we can keep PhoneGuard releated discussion in one thread.

Geoff
    Originally posted by geakware

Just FYI, the thread mentioned by elysian9 is 'closed'.

I requested this so that we can keep PhoneGuard releated discussion in one thread.

Geoff
    Geoff,

Makes sense to do that. Any new info on the 'screen turn off not working' issue?

Cheers.

aolumide
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast