Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Geoff,

Excellent! This is a really important utility for all of us that use cases with flip covers (I use a Piel Frama) or like to carry our phone in our pocket.

I agree with the other posts regarding next upgrades...in order of my preference they are:

#1 Prevent muting
    #2 Allow user defined screen off time
    #3 any of the other features mentioned already.

Thank you!

Geoff,

Excellent! This is a really important utility for all of us that use cases with flip covers (I use a Piel Frama) or like to carry our phone in our pocket.

I agree with the other posts regarding next upgrades...in order of my preference they are:

#1 Prevent muting
    #2 Allow user defined screen off time
    #3 any of the other features mentioned already.

Thank you!

Originally posted by geakware

Sorry about that. The site hasn't been fully updated yet. I just fixed the problem with the 'Buy' button on the mobile site though, so you should be able to make a purchase and get your key.

Let me know if you continue to have problems and I'll be sure to take care of it.

Geoff
    Thanks, Geoff!
    You be the MAN, Geoff!! Just let us know when you have the "Buy" button working for this great little product. Thanks for your contribution! I'm just curious how you were able to do it without hacking the ROM, as someone else was posting in another thread? Without giving away your secrets of course.
  5.    #25  
    I've posted a new beta to my website. You can get it at http://www.geakware.com/phoneguard/d...rd_v1_0_2b.zip or from http://www.geakware.com/mobile.

New in this version:

1. Add ability to prevent misc. keys from silencing ringer.
    2. Fixed some problems with the screen auto-off feature when dialing out.
    3. Modifed screen auto-off feature to turn the screen off again when it gets turned back on.

NOTE: Please uninstall any previous version before installing this new beta. If you don't, things won't work right. This is a MUST! Please be sure you've done this before reporting any problems.

Geoff
  6.    #26  
    Originally posted by mharpen
    You be the MAN, Geoff!! Just let us know when you have the "Buy" button working for this great little product. Thanks for your contribution! I'm just curious how you were able to do it without hacking the ROM, as someone else was posting in another thread? Without giving away your secrets of course.
    mharpen,

The 'Buy' button is working correctly now if you'd like to purchase a registration key. I'd appreciate your support.

I don't want to be too specific about how PhoneGuard works, but here's a high-level overview:

The OS allows applications to register to be notified when certain events occur. PhoneGuard registers to receive these notifications, then uses them to control how the keys and screen behave.

I know, pretty vague, but I hope that answers your question. I might post more on this later if I have time and the inclination.

Geoff
    I've posted a new beta to my website. You can get it at http://www.geakware.com/phoneguard/d...rd_v1_0_2b.zip or from http://www.geakware.com/mobile.

New in this version:

3. Modifed screen auto-off feature to turn the screen off again when it gets turned back on.

NOTE: Please uninstall any previous version before installing this new beta. If you don't, things won't work right. This is a MUST! Please be sure you've done this before reporting any problems.

Geoff
    No more muting! Man, you're fast! Thanks again for the quick fix, Geoff! Love it!
    Awesome!
    Geoff,

Hi. Based on the glowing comments in this thread about your app, I bought a copy (ver 1.0.2b) of Phoneguard on your web site, and hotsynced the .prc file as usual. I then performed a soft reset.

This sent my GSM Treo 600 into a vicious soft-reset loop frenzy. I had to perform a hard-reset and apply my last BackupMan backup set. (Thank goodness for that!!)

Please advise on next steps. Thanks.
    Last edited by aolumide; 01/26/2004 at 08:16 AM.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Originally posted by aolumide
    Geoff,

Hi. Based on the glowing comments in this thread about your app, I bought a copy (ver 1.0.2b) of Phoneguard on your web site, and hotsynced the .prc file as usual.

This sent my GSM Treo into a vicious soft-reset loop frenzy. I had to perform a hard-reset and apply my last BackupMan backup set. (Thank goodness for that!!)

Same happened to me on my GSM T600. Couldn't get it to work.
    --
    Manfred
    Geoff,

Hi. Based on the glowing comments in this thread about your app, I bought a copy (ver 1.0.2b) of Phoneguard on your web site, and hotsynced the .prc file as usual. I then performed a soft reset.

This sent my GSM Treo 600 into a vicious soft-reset loop frenzy. I had to perform a hard-reset and apply my last BackupMan backup set. (Thank goodness for that!!)

Find below my T6's phone info:

Network Protocol: GSM
    Firmware: 02.08
    Software: Tre0600-1.09-INT
    Hardware: B

Also, be advised that to be certain, I attempted to re-install Phoneguard a 2nd time after my initial hard reset/Backupman restore previously mentioned above.

I got identical results (Soft resetting after install once again sent my treo into a loop)

aolumide
    Last edited by aolumide; 01/26/2004 at 08:27 AM.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
  12.    #32  

Also, be advised that to be certain, I attempted to re-install Phoneguard a 2nd time after my initial hard reset/Backupman restore previously mentioned above.

I got identical results (Soft resetting after install once again sent my treo into a loop)

aolumide
    Others have reported this as well. I'm looking into the problem and will post a fix when it's available. Sorry for the trouble.

Geoff

aolumide
    Same specs for me. TELT everytime.
    From the posts above it looks like the app doesn't work properly on GSM phones. Is there anybody who has got it to work on a GSM?

Also, I'd like to know if there is a way to turn the screen back on while you're in a call, for example for setting up a three-way call.

TIA
    soft reset loop here also using 1.01b on GSM 600
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

New in this version:

Geoff
    Hello, I haven't tried your app yet, I'm waiting for a final version. So far, it seems to be the best app out for this issue. I have a question about the latest update: when you say you added the ability to prevent misc. keys from silencing the ringer, that's great, but do the side volume keys still mute the ringer? I'm fine with the keyboard keys not muting it, but if I'm in a place where I should have my phone in silence mode, but forgot to, I need to be able to quickly silence the ringer using the side volume keys. Please let me know, thanks!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
  17.    #37  
    Originally posted by DSDxp

Hello, I haven't tried your app yet, I'm waiting for a final version. So far, it seems to be the best app out for this issue. I have a question about the latest update: when you say you added the ability to prevent misc. keys from silencing the ringer, that's great, but do the side volume keys still mute the ringer? I'm fine with the keyboard keys not muting it, but if I'm in a place where I should have my phone in silence mode, but forgot to, I need to be able to quickly silence the ringer using the side volume keys. Please let me know, thanks!
    DSDxp,

PhoneGuard only affects the keyboard keys. The volume keys still function normally.

Sincerely,
    Geoff
    Originally posted by DSDxp

Yes, the side Volume buttons still mutes the ringer/vibrate, along with the Power button on the top and the 4 hot keys.
    Geoff,

Had the same endless reset loop also on my Sprint T600 after installing the latest version of Phone Guard. So I did a hard reset, restored latest backup set using BackupMan, reinstalled Phone Guard, crossed fingers, and no more endless reset loop. Definitely a major problem for people who don't use a backup utility.
    Originally posted by Mol
    Also, I'd like to know if there is a way to turn the screen back on while you're in a call, for example for setting up a three-way call.

TIA
    You can turn the screen back on by pressing the "Phone" hotkey or the Power button on the top.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast