Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Geoff,

Sorry I wasn't clear. I have already downloaded a previous version that works well. ( I am a little nervous about updating... if its not broke don't fix it kinda thing).

However, now everytime I get a call, instead of the dial pad or active call screen I get a phone guard registration prompt.

When I try to register, the program seems to want my Credit Card number.

If this is not the way its supposed to be, I am at a loss on how to fix this. If you can help I would be grateful.
    What?
  2.    #242  
    Originally posted by Hest
    Geoff,

Sorry I wasn't clear. I have already downloaded a previous version that works well. ( I am a little nervous about updating... if its not broke don't fix it kinda thing).

However, now everytime I get a call, instead of the dial pad or active call screen I get a phone guard registration prompt.

When I try to register, the program seems to want my Credit Card number.

If this is not the way its supposed to be, I am at a loss on how to fix this. If you can help I would be grateful.
    To stop the registration prompt, just set the 'Turn screen off after:' setting to 'Never'.

This means you won't be able to use the screen off functionality, but the other features should continue to work without a registration key.

Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
    Are you sure it will be impossible to make the keys active after the screen is turned off? This would be really great if it could and I think the developer of Treo Butler is attempting this, maybe it will work with PhoneGuard installed. But, if all that is possible is just setting so that the keyguard doesnt enable while on a call, that would be allright. I'm always afraid I will hang up on someone when turning the screen back on. Any luck with how treo handles incoming calls???
    geoff,

don't know how much of this has been discussed due to the length of this thread, but what is the possibility of disabling the d-button and center button upon an incoming call? as with some cases hitting the application buttons and the keyboard keys, certain other cases have the ability to press the center button (as well as having the phone in a pocket without a case). at least the screen is further away from the case covers than the d-buton...

great work so far!
  5.    #245  
    Originally posted by ProDucer
    Are you sure it will be impossible to make the keys active after the screen is turned off? This would be really great if it could and I think the developer of Treo Butler is attempting this, maybe it will work with PhoneGuard installed. But, if all that is possible is just setting so that the keyguard doesnt enable while on a call, that would be allright. I'm always afraid I will hang up on someone when turning the screen back on. Any luck with how treo handles incoming calls???
    ProDucer,

According to the Treo Developer's Guide published by Handspring, just before entering what they call REM sleep mode, the "Display is turned off and non-power/app keys are disabled." To me, this means every key but the power and app keys are disabled when the screen is turned off. Others have reported that pTunes reacts to the volume keys when the screen is off, but this has not been my experience. I can investigate this at some point, but I'm not optimistic that I'll find a solution.

Geoff
  6.    #246  
    Originally posted by treofactor
    geoff,

don't know how much of this has been discussed due to the length of this thread, but what is the possibility of disabling the d-button and center button upon an incoming call? as with some cases hitting the application buttons and the keyboard keys, certain other cases have the ability to press the center button (as well as having the phone in a pocket without a case). at least the screen is further away from the case covers than the d-buton...

great work so far!
    I'm looking at making what keys get disabled more configurable in the next release. I may also add the 5-way navigator to the mix.

Geoff
    Geoff,
    For what it's worth, on my Sprint/CDMA version, using the latest registered version of Pocket Tunes, the side keys that control the ring volume, that one can select to control the volume in PT, DO NOT work when the screen is off.
    Matt
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    Geoff,
    For what it's worth, on my Sprint/CDMA version, using the latest registered version of Pocket Tunes, the side keys that control the ring volume, that one can select to control the volume in PT, DO NOT work when the screen is off.
    Matt
    on my Sprint Treo600, the latest PT version does control the volume using the volume buttons even with the screen off - but only for a limited time. Don't know why that is. Maybe because I have PT blank screen after 30 sec but have Auto-off set for one minute?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I don't know what the deal is? I just set mine for PT off at 10sec and Treo off at 2min and after 10sec the screen goes blank and I still can't controll anything. I don't know if min eis acting wrong, yours, or if it's just PFM?
    Interesting though! Thanks
    Originally posted by geakware

I'm looking at making what keys get disabled more configurable in the next release. I may also add the 5-way navigator to the mix.

Geoff
    thanks for the response geoff - looking forward to the release...
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213