Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    Originally posted by geakware

I tested this on my phone with the same results. I haven't checked to see if there's any way to prevent the screen from turning on, but I suspect there isn't much I can do.

BTW, which version of SnapperMail are you using? I've got 1.9.2.01. When SM checks messages, it displays a dialog that says 'Auto delivery starting: 5... 4... 3... 2... 1', but only if I'm on a call. This, of course, makes it obvious that SM is the reason the screen turned on. Do you not see this message?

Geoff
    I have the same SnapperMail version as you. But I don't get the Auto delivery count down when I'm on a call.

One thing I forgot to mention, when my screen does turn on during a call, I can't click on anything on the screen for awhile. It seems the touchscreen is disabled temporarily.

...Let's say my last auto-fetch occurred at 9am. If I'm on a call at 9:55am and my screen is off via PhoneGuard, 5 minutes later into the call, my screen will automatically turn on, and then back off after a minute or so. And back on again after a minute, and off again, and so on. It seems like it goes into an auto-fetch loop in the background after it's first attempt when I'm on a call. I notice once I end the call, the auto-fetch screen comes up right away and fetches my new emails.

This is clear now. Sounds like another PG fix may be in order. Geoff???

...went into an endless auto-fetch loop (I believe someone reported this earlier in this thread)...

That would be me
    As I just told him...Geoff has a great product, impeccable customer service skills and the patience of a saint to put up with stupid problems/questions from people like me. Hoo-rah...giddyup!

If you haven't sent the man $8.99...do it now. It's a bargain, and he earns it.
    "Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever." -- L. Armstrong
    Originally posted by elysian9

...Let's say my last auto-fetch occurred at 9am. If I'm on a call at 9:55am and my screen is off via PhoneGuard, 5 minutes later into the call, my screen will automatically turn on, and then back off after a minute or so. And back on again after a minute, and off again, and so on. It seems like it goes into an auto-fetch loop in the background after it's first attempt when I'm on a call. I notice once I end the call, the auto-fetch screen comes up right away and fetches my new emails.

This is clear now. Sounds like another PG fix may be in order. Geoff???

...went into an endless auto-fetch loop (I believe someone reported this earlier in this thread)...

That would be me
    My understanding is that you will not be able to carry out data transfer whilst on the phone. If this was the case then presumably SM will not be able to connect, wait a suitable time and then re-try to connect. It will continue to do this until it has managed to make a connection to the mail server. This would appear to explain the on-off screen display and then SM retrieving your email at the end of the phone call.

Is this something that PhoneGuard can fix or is it a SM issue?
    ----------
    The South Pole is at the top of the world.

Sam,

Which version are you using? The current version is 1.0.12b. If you had a previous version installed, I would recommend completely removing that version, then installing 1.0.12b.

If that doesn't resolve the problem, it could be a conflict with another application. Can you give me an idea of some of the other 3rd-party apps you have installed?

Geoff
    thanks man! Fixed my problems!
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
  6.    #226  
    Originally posted by Mr_A

My understanding is that you will not be able to carry out data transfer whilst on the phone. If this was the case then presumably SM will not be able to connect, wait a suitable time and then re-try to connect. It will continue to do this until it has managed to make a connection to the mail server. This would appear to explain the on-off screen display and then SM retrieving your email at the end of the phone call.

Is this something that PhoneGuard can fix or is it a SM issue?
    There isn't much that PhoneGuard can do here. I experimented a little and found that this happens when other apps (such as pTunes) have turned the screen off as well.

Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  7.    #227  
    Hi everyone,

I just update my site with PhoneGuard version 1.0. This is the first official (non-beta) release of PhoneGuard. The only difference between 1.0.12b and 1.0 is the version. The functionality is the same.

I will continue to investigate the carkit.prc problem and will make something available if/when I find a fix. Additionally, I will add some of the features many of you have requested. These new features will be made available in version 1.1 and will be a free upgrade to all registered users.

Finally, I wanted to thank everyone who's participated on this thread. You've all been a tremendous help and I am very appreciative. Please continue to post your thoughts about PhoneGuard or contact me personally if you wish.

Sincerely,
    Geoff
    Geoff,
    Since this thread is so darn long now, it was a beta thrread per se, and you do have an offical non-beta release. Could you start a new thread about that, like "Phone Guard V1.0 released to public" or "Phone Guard offical release" or something to that effect? This would make it easier to track new info in my humble opinion and also may drum up new users as well? Just a thought, and trying to help.

If you do start a new thread, put the WAP friendly link in too.

Thanks again for the app.

Best regards, Matt Burkhard
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    Geoff,
    Since this thread is so darn long now, it was a beta thrread per se, and you do have an offical non-beta release. Could you start a new thread about that, like "Phone Guard V1.0 released to public" or "Phone Guard offical release" or something to that effect? This would make it easier to track new info in my humble opinion and also may drum up new users as well? Just a thought, and trying to help.

Thanks again for the app.

Best regards, Matt Burkhard
    I think this is a good idea. I would also like to add that all you have to do to view discussion threads appropriately on your Treo is add the word "treo." after the "http://" as I've done below. It works nicely with all pages that I've tried.

http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...&pagenumber=12 or http://treo.treocentral.com/
    J
    This is only slightly related. But I am sure you are all aware of the problem of ignoring call waiting. If you get a call while on the other line, you can ignore or answer it from the display that pops up. If you do neither, it stays until you hang up all calls. You can actually make it go away if you hit ignore after you are sure it has gone to VM. So, I have phone guard installed and after I get a call waiting I am forced to either take it or ignore and after ignoring the call, call guard no longer lets me shut off the screen. This kinda sucks, but the original problems sucks too. It has been discussed before, but I dont think anyone ever came up with a fix. Either way, it would be nice if phone guard could do something about it or at least keep working after this annoyance.
    I think this is a good idea. I would also like to add that all you have to do to view discussion threads appropriately on your Treo is add the word "treo." after the "http://" as I've done below. It works nicely with all pages that I've tried.
    If you were refering to my
    I meant on GeekWare.com. He has both a normal HTML site and one that is geared for PDA/Smartphones .

Thanks for the cool tip though, there are times were I am on the TC Mobile site and a link takes me out to the normal site, now I can fix this..
    Matt
  12.    #232  
    Originally posted by ProDucer
    This is only slightly related. But I am sure you are all aware of the problem of ignoring call waiting. If you get a call while on the other line, you can ignore or answer it from the display that pops up. If you do neither, it stays until you hang up all calls. You can actually make it go away if you hit ignore after you are sure it has gone to VM. So, I have phone guard installed and after I get a call waiting I am forced to either take it or ignore and after ignoring the call, call guard no longer lets me shut off the screen. This kinda sucks, but the original problems sucks too. It has been discussed before, but I dont think anyone ever came up with a fix. Either way, it would be nice if phone guard could do something about it or at least keep working after this annoyance.
    I'll look into fixing this for the next release.

Geoff
    geoff,

Love the app...tried to pay for it and each time I put my Treo's userid in and tried to go forward, it kept taking me back to the PhoneGuard page. What gives?

I'll look into fixing this for the next release.

Geoff
    You rock Geoff!
  15.    #235  
    Originally posted by sbcrair
    geoff,

Love the app...tried to pay for it and each time I put my Treo's userid in and tried to go forward, it kept taking me back to the PhoneGuard page. What gives?
    You probably have popups disabled in your browser. When you press the continue button after entering your HotSync ID, the cart is displayed in a popup window, and the main window returns to the product page for the product you're purchasing. Try allowing popups and see if that helps.

Geoff

You probably have popups disabled in your browser. When you press the continue button after entering your HotSync ID, the cart is displayed in a popup window, and the main window returns to the product page for the product you're purchasing. Try allowing popups and see if that helps.

Geoff
    That was it! BTW, another way to disable (temporarily) popup blockers is to hold down the Ctrl key while hitting the "Continue" button. Anyway, payment is on its way to you!
    when the screen shuts off during a call i'd still like to be able to use the number buttons spacebar, backspace and return key on the dialpad to dial in my voice mail, etc. while IN a call. also when the screen gets turned off during a call when i turn it back on the keyguard is on locked. can you not have it lock during a call? or maybe i'm missing something. as it is now if the screen is off during a call i have to turn it on, disable keyguard,then type any numbers. it would be nice to

1 not have the keyguard lock while on a call

2 be able to type numbers, spacebar, backspace & return key during a call while screen is off
  18.    #238  
    Originally posted by treoneo
    1 not have the keyguard lock while on a call
    I'm considering this for the next release.

2 be able to type numbers, spacebar, backspace & return key during a call while screen is off
    I'm fairly certain that there's nothing I can do about this.

Geoff
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Hey,

Not that I won't pay for the app (or patron company in the future), but I thought this was supposed to free (or at least a part of the app).

I've gone through the steps on the website (geakware) but it seems to want my credit card number....

How can I get the registration code so that I can use the lite version?

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
    What?
  20.    #240  
    Originally posted by Hest
    Hey,

Not that I won't pay for the app (or patron company in the future), but I thought this was supposed to free (or at least a part of the app).

I've gone through the steps on the website (geakware) but it seems to want my credit card number....

How can I get the registration code so that I can use the lite version?

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
    Hest,

Just download the trial version from my website by clicking on the '.zip' or '.sit' buttons. You can also download the trial directly to your Treo from my mobile site . The only part of the trial that will expire is the screen auto-off feature. The features for disabling the keyboard keys will not expire and don't require a registration key.

Geoff
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast