Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Is Phoneguard basically bug-free for the Sprint CDMA version?

Are the recent issues/bugs regarding just he GSM version of the phone?
    Originally posted by eddietreo
    Is Phoneguard basically bug-free for the Sprint CDMA version?

Are the recent issues/bugs regarding just he GSM version of the phone?
    I'm having prob's and on CDMA.

L
    Lee Ladisky
  3.    #183  
    Originally posted by digidep
    Geoff,

New the power button feature works, but:

Lately I've been using keepoff to stop accidental key presses (while in mt pocket, like when i get a SMS or when snappermail checks for email automaticly) since you haven't incorporated this into your application yet (hint, hint). Keepoff is activated when the power is turned off and disabled until a touch of the screen while it's on or a push of the top button. In your application PhoneGuard when the screen shuts off during a timeout of the specified length I am able to push either the power button (far left button) or the phone button to turn the screen back on. With the new power button (far left) feature, the screen shuts off, but then apparently the keepoff application takes over and disables all keys until a touch of the top power button or a tap of the screen when it's on (and with the screen off the only option is the top power button). Obviously the screen off implementation is not the same for both of these functions (timeout screen off and power (far left) screen off).

jaslo, the author of keepoff has been asking for some help and he is willing to share his code. Lately he has been trying to have the option for the d-pad to be enabled (it's not enabled when the screen is off obivously) when the screen turns on so that you can answer a call without having to touch the screen.

I request as some have before (but more now since the function of these seperate apps is conflicting) to have the seperate options to disable keyboard, phone, calender, d-pad, mail, and power button until either the screen is touched or one of those buttons listed (if enabled) is pushed. I think this sounds pretty confusing so if you need futher clarification, feel free to pm me and i'll get back to you, but i hope you understand. This basically exapands your PhoneGuard application to work not just for incoming phone calls, but other events as well when accidental key press can happen.

Registered PhoneGuard user,
    digidep
    digidep,

I'm not sure I entirely understand what you're asking for. I'll contact you at some point for more details. However, I'm putting all new features on hold until the existing feature set is as stable as I can get it.

Geoff
  4.    #184  
    Originally posted by ChemEngr
    I use phoneguard with keyguard on - this setup is quite adequate for me. Although free, keepoff is, at its present state, limited in functionality. Now if the volume buttons still worked after phoneguard blanks the screen, I'd be very happy. Hope you're working on it Geoff instead of partyin' like I am.
    I was away for the weekend. I'm also waiting on new features for now. This is on my list of things to look at though...

Geoff
  5.    #185  
    Originally posted by 100thMonkey
    it seems from page 7 of this thread that the carkit.prc problem may have been addressed for folks with f/w 2.08....true, not true?
    I'm still looking at the carkit.prc issue. Can users with carkit.prc on their phones post their experiences here?

Thanks,
    Geoff
  6.    #186  
    Originally posted by Vigor
    To Geakware Developer

Its great that PhoneGuard can turn off the screen again after it has been turned on to do something, but it should only do it when the phone is in the Phone application. For example during conversation I might turn on my GPS app which is configured to keep the screen on for 1 hour, but PhoneGuard will power off the screen after configured timeout. Can PhoneGuard make sure Phone app is the active app before taking this action?

Thanks
    This is on my list for future releases.

Geoff
  7.    #187  
    I'm looking into the problems with the phone turning on when it shouldn't. Can those who are experiencing this problem PM me with their details? There's some helpful information already on the thread, but I'd like to get some additional details from you. Here's what I'm most interested in knowing:

1. Does this happen all the time, or only occasionally?
    2. If this is only occasional, when does it happen... after an incoming call, after an outgoing call, after an ignored or missed call?
    3. Many of you have mentioned TreoAlertMgr. Are you using any other utilities (keepoff etc.) that could be conflicting?
    4. Some have reported that reverting to a previous version resolves this problem. Others have reported it does not. Please let me know your experience.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    this guy is super-responsive!!!!!!!!!
    Geoff -

My problem with the .10b version (cdma) is as follows...
    - it would turn the screen on all the time - not just after calls. I'd pull it form its case to find it on about 80% of the time.
    - I have TreoAlert Mgr and thought this was the issue so I deleted it [alertmgr] and still got the same problem. BTW - I has no problems witht the .05 version.

I love the app, but is there any way I can get a copy of .05 version? I want to buy the s/w, but I'd rather pay for the one that worked best on my machine...
  10.    #190  
    Originally posted by ksmith80209
    Geoff -

My problem with the .10b version (cdma) is as follows...
    - it would turn the screen on all the time - not just after calls. I'd pull it form its case to find it on about 80% of the time.
    - I have TreoAlert Mgr and thought this was the issue so I deleted it [alertmgr] and still got the same problem. BTW - I has no problems witht the .05 version.

I love the app, but is there any way I can get a copy of .05 version? I want to buy the s/w, but I'd rather pay for the one that worked best on my machine...
    I believe I have this issue resolved and will post a new version soon. However, you can get v1.0.5b here until I release v1.0.11b.

I'd suggest that everyone revert to 1.0.5b until the next release. Version 1.0.10b has a nasty bug that can quickly drain your battery (That'll teach me to rush something out before the weekend). Sorry for all the problems in v1.0.10b!

Geoff
    So that's why my treo went from 98% to 44% so suddenly! I was getting worried.

Am now back on version 1.0.5b.
  12.    #192  
    Hi everyone,

Sorry for the trouble version 1.0.10b caused many of you.

I've posted a new version (1.0.11b) on my website that addresses the problems introduced in 1.0.10b. Please try it and let me know of any issues.

I would suggest everyone delete any existing version before installing this new one.

Another quick note... PhoneGuard may still have a conflict with TreoAlertMgr, since I have not tested with this app. If anyone out there is using TreoAlertMgr and can comment, please do.

Sincerely,
    Geoff
    Originally posted by geakware
    I've posted a new version (1.0.11b) on my website that addresses the problems introduced in 1.0.10b. Please try it and let me know of any issues.

Sincerely,
    Geoff
    Thanks, Geoff. So far, so good. My phone hasn't come on automatically yet.
    I have to say - it is refreshing to see a developer who is so responsive and willing to work with his users. Thanks for a great product!
    With version 1.0.11b on my CDMA T600, I'm encountering the same bug as version 1.0.10b, but it's the other way around now. My screen is automatically and repeatedly turning off and on *during* a call. I noticed this problem 10-15 minutes into the conversation.

Anyone else notice this problem? I'll do a little more testing tonight and try to narrow it down.
    Geoff,

1.0.11b seems to be working fine on my GSM Treo 600. Spacebar disabled, enter key disabled, auto-off after 30 sec, power button toggling screen as desired. I've only tested it with 2 calls, but I don't seem to be getting the screen on & off problem as mentioned by TR30. Maybe I need to be on a call for 10 minutes or more?

I'll keep observing, and let you all know.

Looks like this may be a keeper: time to get out my pocketbook
    Geoff,

I followed this thread for a long time and watched this gem of an App develop. Although I jumped in at 10b and witnessed my battery eat itself, I have managed to remove it and now am in proud (paid up) possession of 11b.

There are very few things that I want for my t600 and this was one of them.

Please keep producing!

Andy
    ----------
    The South Pole is at the top of the world.
  18.    #198  
    Originally posted by Mr_A
    Geoff,

I followed this thread for a long time and watched this gem of an App develop. Although I jumped in at 10b and witnessed my battery eat itself, I have managed to remove it and now am in proud (paid up) possession of 11b.

There are very few things that I want for my t600 and this was one of them.

Please keep producing!

Andy
    Andy,

Thanks for the support, and sorry about that battery...

Sincerely,
    Geoff
  19.    #199  
    Originally posted by thudson
    Geoff,

1.0.11b seems to be working fine on my GSM Treo 600. Spacebar disabled, enter key disabled, auto-off after 30 sec, power button toggling screen as desired. I've only tested it with 2 calls, but I don't seem to be getting the screen on & off problem as mentioned by TR30. Maybe I need to be on a call for 10 minutes or more?

I'll keep observing, and let you all know.

Looks like this may be a keeper: time to get out my pocketbook
    I'm very glad to hear it's better and finally meeting your needs.

I've had two reports of the screen turning on, but the details seem to indicate a conflict with another application. If others are experiencing this problem, please post details here so that we can get to the bottom of the issue.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Geoff,

I have now had a chance to (inadvertently) test the phone app with "Ignore" and it resulted in a lock up of the keys.

Some background for you:
    I am using a t600 with Orange UK (GSM as far as I know!).
    I was in the middle of composing and sending an SMS when I received a call. As the call came in I was pressing the nav button which was intercepted by the Phone app and set the focus to the on screen "Ignore" button, which I then selected with the centre button.

Call was ignored and I returned to the SMS app but now the keyboard was locked up, including the top four buttons so no power off possible. Screen worked though!

A soft reset got me back in order.

It's not a major issue as I tend to answer most of my calls, but I thought you should know in case you are getting short of thinigs to do

Andy
    ----------
    The South Pole is at the top of the world.