1.    #1  
    I recently received a neat product, call Boostaroo, that is basically a small battery operated amplifier. I was not happy with the sound output of the Treo when using Ptunes, I suspect the amplifier in the Treo is underpowered.

This little device is like adding a subwoofer to your headphones--much cleaner, fuller sound, even with bass boosted no distortion. It's like carrying another third of a treo with you, managable even when exercising. It has three headphone jacks to share music. Have not yet tried it with computer speakers. So far I'm happy and impressed with it.

www.boostaroo.com

John T.
    I was just looking at that yesterday. How was your battery life? It said it will last 20 to 30 hours, but I found another similar product on ebay with the same claim to boost volume by 40% but with 120 hours on 2 batteries.
    Don't know about the device on Ebay (but if it sounds too good to be true...). But the Boostaroo has a long list of satisfied users in the motorcycling community.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    radio shack has something like that two with 4 outputs
    Just ordered mine. Thanks for the tip. The Treo 600 sounds "OK" without it, but when I really want to crank it up, it needs some ooommph.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Never thought to put my Boosteroo on my Treo! It works great on my notebook and portable DVD player. Its a good product.
    I have owned mine a couple of years and never have had a problem with it. I use it when flying to listen to DVDs. The unit with sound eliminating headphones make a great combo.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Originally posted by PeteC
    I have owned mine a couple of years and never have had a problem with it. I use it when flying to listen to DVDs. The unit with sound eliminating headphones make a great combo.
    Hey there PeteC.

I'm a happy user of some noice-canceling headphones (Bose QC-2's) and I've been looking for something like this. Do you use the Bose? If so, does the Boostaroo allow you to go to "high" on the box?

TIA.
    -zero
    Hi all, I have been using one for a few years and I tried out on my treo 600 when I 1st got it, works great, I agree. take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Got my Boostaroo. It definitely cranks up the volume but I was hoping for a little improvement in the bass output. I have Ptunes with the graphic equalizer. If I boost the bass with the GE, I get distortion (and not a lot of bass) with or without Boostaroo. I'm using a pair of Bose stereo earphones with stereo adapter. Any theories?
    If you want a REAL headphone amplifier, go to www.fixup.net and get his "super micro".

It is getting rave reviews by audiophiles and is very cheap. If you have halfway decent headphones, it is a MUST for any portable audio device.

Ty
    <7zero>
    For portability and for travel I use the Aiwa HP-CN5 with my Boostaroo. I currently use this set for my portable DVD player. It works well with the Treo 600.
    Originally posted by cornrow
    If you want a REAL headphone amplifier, go to www.fixup.net and get his "super micro".

It is getting rave reviews by audiophiles and is very cheap. If you have halfway decent headphones, it is a MUST for any portable audio device.

Ty
    You think 160 bucks is very cheap? Could you please share some of your wealth with me?