1.    #1  
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodid=46448

just installed it, haven't tried it yet
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Tried it yesterday... works great! I can get about 6 feet with the IR. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work with the volume buttons on the side or the 5-way navigator on our Treo's. We can only hope that the next release will support them.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    The T600 just doesn't have enough transmital power.

I had to get up close to the TV to get it to work.

Nice idea anyways.
    Last edited by Sky Nazi; 01/27/2004 at 06:30 AM.
    Devices Owned:
    Handspring 600 (retired), Treo 650 x2 (retired), Centro x2 (offline usage), Palm Pre x2, HTC EVO

Apps I can't live without on my Pre:
    Dr. Podder, Music (Remix) and JogStats
    They appear to have a new product that will be released 2nd qtr of 2004 that is a IR SD card. Should allow us to use the treo as a remote control from alot further away.. although I don't know if I want to keep swaping out my 512meg U2 memory card for a IR module..
    Noviremote can't seem to make any of my gear do anything unless I am right in front of it. The Tivo series 2 is the exception. I can control that from anywhere in the room. The reciever is really sensitive.
    Originally posted by treobone
    Noviremote can't seem to make any of my gear do anything unless I am right in front of it. The Tivo series 2 is the exception. I can control that from anywhere in the room. The reciever is really sensitive.
    None of my audio and video devices worked from more than 1 feet away.

The only thing I could control over a longer distance was an IR remote control car of my 3 year old kid. Not sure really if I should let him use my Treo 600 for crashing his car into his baby bro.
    This would have been a nice concept if I could do it from the comfort of my sofa. I had to get so close to the cable box that I could literally do it manually.
    ~ ScandaLous ~