1.    #1  
    is there any way to set the keyboard backlight to stay on? I find alot of times when I am in a dark room using my keyboard it does not stay on long enuff. Is there any way to keep it from shutting off while I am still typing? While I am typing the light always goes out on me. Thanx.
    Press function + P
    I have the same frustration. I use my phone to connect to my office voicemail while driving home at night (when it's very dark). The backlight turns off within 30 seconds of my last key press. Opt+P dims the screen light, but does not keep the keyboard backlight on indefinitely. The only workaround I've found is to press the "space" key. This key doesn't do anything to the phone (doesn't send a tone, so it doesn't screw up your call or vmail system), but it does turn the backlight back on. I wish there was a way to keep the backlight on, or at least while the phone is connected to a power source such as a car charger.

Anyone know of a way to do this?
    --- Baba
    . Is there any way to keep it from shutting off while I am still typing? While I am typing the light always goes out on me. Thanx.
    I'm sitting here in my pitch-black room next to my sleeping fiance.
    As the prev. cat said, just push the option key and P and it should work unless your keypad isn't working correctly.
    Good Luck.
    Try the app Treo Allegro . it allows you to configure times to keep the backlight on no matter what. This works like a charm! Good luck