Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Finally, StylusCentral.com will have the 3 in 1 stylus for the 600 available 1/28/2004. Here the link. I've sent them a question asking if the reset pin will work, as it looks too short in the pic. Nice that it exactly matches the existing stylus top so it goes in flush with the case.

http://store.yahoo.com/styluscentral...stpenfor3.html
    Thanks for the update, mharpen! There are times when I forget to bring a pen with me, but I NEVER forget my T600. So this will definitely come in handy.
    It looks like the Microsoft 3-in-1 stylus, but with perhaps a better fit due to a different cap. If the pictured stylus is the one they're selling, the reset pin is too short and won't work, just like the MS one.
    Here's the true test: While using it as a pen, can the pen cap fit snugly on the pointer (other) end of the stylus?

I remember with the T300 stylus/pen, you had to hold the cap, with the chances of one losing it.

###
    Originally posted by cferd
    It looks like the Microsoft 3-in-1 stylus, but with perhaps a better fit due to a different cap. If the pictured stylus is the one they're selling, the reset pin is too short and won't work, just like the MS one.
    I agree. It the reset pin appears to be too short.

"mharpen", please let us know if they reply to you in reference to the reset pin. Thanks!

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I sent Stylus Central an email the other day, asking if they can confirm that the reset pin will reach and press against the reset button on the back of the Treo 600, and this is what they replied back...

----------
    The factory claims that this will work. I do not have
    any real world experience as it is brand new. Thank
    you.
    ----------

I dunno... that short reply don't feel too convincing. But heck, I'll order it anyways, and if it doesn't work, I'll just return it.
    I'll probably order one, but notice the ad.... it's a 3 way- stylus/pen/stylus...
    Originally posted by stecz
    I'll probably order one, but notice the ad.... it's a 3 way- stylus/pen/stylus...
    I thought the 3-in-1 referred to stylus, pen, reset pin.

Anyone know if the ink is refillable? (not that I expect I'd ever use all the ink in a stylus pen)
    Is this the same company that also came out with the 2 in one Stylus for the Treo 270 and 300 sometime ago? They had the reset pin touching the ink and created a mess inside the slot.

Maybe this is why they have the reset pin shorter? From what I can see in the picture, I don't think it's long enough to be useable for resets.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Yeah, i thought the 3-in-1 was strange too. the description is:

A 3 in 1 stylus, Pen & stylus for your Treo 600. Now you will always have a pen with you!

All i see there is a pen and a stylus. As far as I'm concerned the reste pin is part of the stylus. So where's this missing third feature?

It's also a sundial!

Seriously though, i bought the treo270 stylus/pen form them and it was cool, BUT it didn't fit snugly into the treo. it was very loose and kinda slid out from time to time. i hope this doesn't happen again.
    Originally posted by MoseGiganticus
    Yeah, i thought the 3-in-1 was strange too. the description is:

A 3 in 1 stylus, Pen & stylus for your Treo 600. Now you will always have a pen with you!

All i see there is a pen and a stylus. As far as I'm concerned the reste pin is part of the stylus. So where's this missing third feature?
    The reset pin IS the 3rd feature. I have the Microsoft 3-in1 stylus and the package points to the reset pin as one of the 3 features.
    For those satisfied that 3 in 1 only means a pen and a stylus..then no disappointment will occur...but for the rest of us that expected a 3 in 1 to actually mean a functional reset pin of 1cm in length ( not rocket science here boys..just good old fashion R&D..so the reset pin length means shortening the length of the pen stock..so what !!). I had included a picture showing how the OEM stylus of the Treo 600 was exactly 1 cm deep allowing it to go through the case and actually touch the reset button..but too large a file..so...if you want a functional reset pin ...THEN DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT...if only as a stylus and pen..then buy it...

HERE'S THE COMMUNICATION WITH STYLUSCENTRAL:

....what else could 3 in 1 mean
    --------------------------
    Mail delivered by Basejet

Jim Myers <jmyers@styluscentral.com> wrote on 27/1/04 5:08 am:

The factory has approved this. As it is brand new we
    do not have any real life experience with it yet. Note
    that we do not advertise the reset pin on our site.
    Thank you.

--- Lou wrote:
    > Your picture of the stylus for the Treo 600
    > illustrates a VERY short
    > reset pin...this will NOT work on the Treo 600...I
    > certainly hope the
    > actual stylus for the Treo 600 has an appropriate
    > length of reset pin...
    >
    >
    > Lou
    >
    > http://www.westcoastsafety.net
    >
    >
    >

=====
    Styluscentral.com
    eFramecentral.com
    MultiToolsOnline.com
    200 Bald Hill Rd.
    Warwick, RI 02886
    Ph 401-738-8000
    Fax 401-738-0883

http://www.styluscentral.com
    http://www.eframecentral.com
    http://www.multitoolsonline.com
    http://www.westcoastsafety.net
    "a balanced approach"
    While the reset pin on this "3-in-1" stylus appears too short for the Treo 600...wouldn't it be easy enough for one to unscrew the reset pin from the original stylus and then screw it onto the pen/stylus? Assuming of corse the same thread pattern....just a thought
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    I received the following response from Jim stating about the reset pins. Therefore, I ordered them. So, we'll see if they work or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------

If there is a problem we will get new tips made. Thank you.

--

http://www.Styluscentral.com
    http://www.eframecentral.com
    http://www.multitoolsonline.com
    200 Bald Hill Rd.
    Warwick, RI 02886

--------------------------------------------------------------
    LOL...sorry, but their reply is just hilarious. "Note that we do not advertise the reset pin on our site." He is right. From their website, "A 3 in 1 stylus, Pen & stylus for your Treo 600. Now you will always have a pen with you!" They just don't know how to count!!!

If that is the case then I will keep the Windows Mobile 3-in-1 Stylus that I bought at Staples. Is the same issue, the reset pin is too short. But I paid $7.42 for a pack of 3 about a month ago.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Originally posted by chazglenn3
    While the reset pin on this "3-in-1" stylus appears too short for the Treo 600...wouldn't it be easy enough for one to unscrew the reset pin from the original stylus and then screw it onto the pen/stylus? Assuming of corse the same thread pattern....just a thought
    I just tried to do it using the Windows Mobile 3-in-1 Stylus but it will not work. You would have to cut it because of the pen.

cash70

I see...didn't think of the pen inside the barrel of course that sheds some doubt on their "if there is a problem we will redo the tip" theory. Sounds to me like there just isn't enough room for a proper reset pin.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Originally posted by cash70

I just tried to do it using the Windows Mobile 3-in-1 Stylus but it will not work. You would have to cut it because of the pen.

cash70
    After reading your post, I started wondering if maybe cutting the inside tube of my Microsoft 3-in-1 Stylus instead of the reset pin would do the trick.
    I figured 'what the heck, I got 3 of them, why not?'

I removed the ink tube from one of the 3 and cut exactly 5mm off (no ink in that portion).

I then placed it back in the barrel, took the original long reset tip that came with the T600, screwed it on and it worked, kinda.

It looks solid, but the pin brings ink out when removed. And by the looks of it, 5mm is the most you can cut so for a while I'll have to clean the tip when I need to use it.

I guess it's better than not having it at all, which was the case up to now.
    Originally posted by cferd

It looks solid, but the pin brings ink out when removed. And by the looks of it, 5mm is the most you can cut so for a while I'll have to clean the tip when I need to use it.

This confirms to me that it's the same lowsy problem they had with the 2-in-1 Stylus pen for the Treo 270 & 300

I will pass again like with their first attempt

It would have been a winner
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    On the bright side - they eventually got it right for the 270, so hopefully they'll get it right for the 600 too.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast