Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    oops, i misunderstood, you put the stylus in the freezer. Still, good idea.
    Originally posted by MoseGiganticus
    oops, i misunderstood, you put the stylus in the freezer. Still, good idea.
    No, I think you understood correctly the first time. Aadavido put the pen cap back on (while stylus was still inside his T600), put the T600 phone inside the freezer, and then "carefully removed the stylus." This last part shows he did put the entire phone into the freezer.

You got some guts there, aadavido.
    Heh heh. Their advertisement now says "2 in 1 Stylus pen" even though the web page itself is named "3in1":

http://www.styluscentral.com/3in1stpenfor3.html

I'll also be waiting for a longer pin...
    I'm wondering if the pin can be made long enough to reset the phone yet not be dipping itself in the ink. I put the OEM pin on the new stylus and it came out with a bit of ink on it. It does appear that a new pin can be made shorter than the OEM pin, but I wonder if it will still hit the ink.

I suppose I can always doodle for a few hours and lower the ink level....
    I got my replacement stylus from StylusCentral becasue the first one had a stubby reset pin. The replacement was exactly the same! And the cap came off with the pen still inside the Treo, just like the first one. So it is a 0-in-1 stylus. With the pen still in the unit, it is just taking up space.
    StylusCentral needs to get their act together.
    The cap came off my SYLUS Central.com 3 in 1 stylus and the body is stuck in the stylus cylinder in the Treo 600. Any ideas? So far, my un-nimble fingers and a tweezers has been unsuccessful.
    Originally posted by Rudegar B
    The cap came off my SYLUS Central.com 3 in 1 stylus and the body is stuck in the stylus cylinder in the Treo 600. Any ideas? So far, my un-nimble fingers and a tweezers has been unsuccessful.
    Had the same problem a few days ago. I added a drop of Krazy Glue into the cap, put the cap back on, waited a few minutes, and then yanked it out. Got some hard try glue in the cap and pen now, but it worked. Plus, Stylus Central is going to replace them anyways.

Kinda wished the pen cap was a screw on, instead of a snap on.
    Originally posted by hprop
    I also got the 3 in 1 stylus and was disappointed that the reset pin was too short. I was able to find a workaround with this palm resetter software though. It's not perfect but it's better than nothing. Here is the address of where you can find it to download (it's free):

http://www.allmobileworld.com/xcart/...r/freeware.php
    RNS also offers a freeware app called Soft Reset FYI. Also Zlauncher, if you have it, has this built-in: menu > device > soft reset....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    mine got stuck the other day and I took a coffee stirer and wedged it in and it came right out

Fred
    i'm using the stylus pen for the hp1945, reset pin also too short.
    simply added a small paperclip onto my keychain, don't even notice it's there but if i'm ever stuck with a bad crash somewhere there's no paperclips around, i'll have one
    who knows why they had to make the reset so deep.... my dad has the latest kyocera palm/phone, you can hit the reset button with just the stylus tip. stylus does not even contain a pin.
    I swore by their 2 in 1 stylus pen for my treo 180 until I lost it a couple months ago. Never had it get stuck or anything, but it didn't have a reset pin. I was looking forward to them releasing a 3 in 1 for the treo 600 since I have one on the way, but this thread is making me rather cautious about ordering the stylus to go with it. I guess I just better wait until the "updated" version is released and all of you who receive replacements can comment...

I'd really like for this product to work...
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

RNS also offers a freeware app called Soft Reset FYI. Also Zlauncher, if you have it, has this built-in: menu > device > soft reset....
    As do Uninstall Manager( Menu > Main > Soft Reset) and YAHM, or Yet Another Hack Manager (Menu > Actions > Soft Reset)

Just my $0.02 on the topic.

rgds,

aolumide
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    So.... any updates on this? Anyone get replacement styli that are 3in1 and acceptable quality? (Not getting stuck or getting ink on the reset pin etc.)

I finally got my Treo 600 yesterday, and I'd like to know if I should bother buying a new stylus or not....
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Latest response from Styluscentral.com:

Unfortunately the factory has not been able to correct this. Any increase in length to the reset pin inserts into the rear of the ink refill and causes a leak. We have continued to sell this item as a 2 in 1 stylus pen due to it's popularity. I am sorry for the inconvenience.
    This definately is mind boggling.

I haven't seen the actual length of the refill, but why not make the refill shorter so you can make the pen longer?

I would only use this for emergencies and not a daily writing implement.

In the meantime, I guess I can stay with the regular stylus and carry something to ***** my finger and write in blood.
    whoops... meant make the refill shorter so you can make the "reset" pin longer. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by driddle
    whoops... meant make the refill shorter so you can make the "reset" pin longer. ;-)
    I posed this question to Jim over at Stylus Central about 2 months ago.

This is his response:

"Though it is temting to use a shorter refill that would mean a non standard refill that is rare and difficult for our users to find in their travels when a new one is needed. We do not want to cause a new peoblem by fixing an old one."

Thanks SprintTreoUser.

The response they gave you has got to be one of the silliest answers ever.

I like TreoCentral's idea of a 3-pack. At $15/3 pack this really becomes a non-issue. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyfur
    So.... any updates on this? Anyone get replacement styli that are 3in1 and acceptable quality? (Not getting stuck or getting ink on the reset pin etc.)

I finally got my Treo 600 yesterday, and I'd like to know if I should bother buying a new stylus or not....
    I just got some real 3 in 1 stylii from treocentral. The reset pin is long enough and the ink is not on the reset pin. Looks like a keeper
    Jaytee, does the cap pop off the new one? What are the dangers of it getting stuck?
    Last edited by Bobvark; 06/22/2004 at 09:39 AM.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast