Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by Treo Rat

This confirms to me that it's the same lowsy problem they had with the 2-in-1 Stylus pen for the Treo 270 & 300

I will pass again like with their first attempt

It would have been a winner
    Actually, I had their 1st attempt at the 3-in-1 for the T300 and didn't have a problem with ink on the pin. However, I did have a heck of a time trying to align the pin with the ink tube when screwing it back in.
    I wrote to SylusCentral about the topic just to get an updated version of their stance on the issue and here is the reply:
    -------------------------------------
    It has not yet been an issue. The factory has tested
    it to be long enough. I have yet to hear from any
    customers with real experience that it is not long
    enough. Thank you.

--- "Don Mega" <> wrote:
    > Do you know if the issue for the 3 in 1 stylus pen
    > for the treo 600 has
    > been resolved pertaining to the reset pin being too
    > short? Thanks.
    -------------------------------------

1) Maybe no one has tried it and reported it to fail back to them?
    or
    2) This guy has no idea what he's talking about.
    Received my stylus today for my Sprint 600....the pin does not reach the reset button!
    Originally posted by SprintTreoUser
    Received my stylus today for my Sprint 600....the pin does not reach the reset button!
    Can you take the tip off the OEM stylus and place it on the one from Stylus Central?
    Didn't seem like it would screw in, but even so, when I tried that I ended dipping the OEM pin in some ink.
    Here's a pic of the pins side by side:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    That sucks. They shouldn't call it a "3-in-1 Stylus Pen" if the reset pin doesn't work.

Oh well, mines should either arrive today or Monday. I guess I'll keep it and just put the OEM pin in one of the SD pockets of my Piel Frama case.
    Here's a pic of the pins side by side:
    ARHH!! That totally sucks! I guess I won't be ordering it afterall! Bad styluscentral...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Yep, no go for me now either.

I hope they fix it.
    I guess they're developing another one with a longer reset pin.

Their site now states:

--------------------------

A 2 in 1 stylus, Pen & stylus for your Treo 600. Now you will always have a pen with you!

We are developing a new tip with longer reset pin to replace the current tip. We will be sending these to all customers who puchase these when they are ready.

---------------------------

http://www.styluscentral.com/3in1stpenfor3.html
    I hope someone from the StylusCentral testing department got yelled at for this one.

Tested the Stylus - check!
    Tested the Pen - check!
    Whew - I'm too tired to test any more... I'm SURE that reset thingy will work anyway...
    AAAAAAAARrrrrrrrggghhh. They better send me that reset pin. But I dont know how it will fit because then it will stick in the ink.
    Just received mines today, but it's the one with the short reset pin. I've asked Stylus Central when we should expect the new modified stylus (with the longer reset pin) and they said they are currently working on it and will send me an email once they're ready to ship it.
    no reset pin it's 2 short just got it 2day
    I Came, I Saw, I Conquered
    I also got the 3 in 1 stylus and was disappointed that the reset pin was too short. I was able to find a workaround with this palm resetter software though. It's not perfect but it's better than nothing. Here is the address of where you can find it to download (it's free):

http://www.allmobileworld.com/xcart/...r/freeware.php
    Originally posted by hprop
    I also got the 3 in 1 stylus and was disappointed that the reset pin was too short. I was able to find a workaround with this palm resetter software though. It's not perfect but it's better than nothing. Here is the address of where you can find it to download (it's free):

http://www.allmobileworld.com/xcart/...r/freeware.php
    Good point, I never thought about that. I know there is a program called "Crash" which does something similar. Even Launcher X has a built in option to soft reset from the options menu. However, what happens when your Palm is locked up and you can't soft reset it via the touch screen?
    Originally posted by lgreenberg

Good point, I never thought about that. I know there is a program called "Crash" which does something similar. Even Launcher X has a built in option to soft reset from the options menu. However, what happens when your Palm is locked up and you can't soft reset it via the touch screen?
    Yeah, most of my resets I do are because of the hard crashes I get, so this won't really work for me. But like you said, it's better than nothing.
    I received mine over the weekend and the reset pin is way short. I e mailed stylus central on sunday and received a reply today that they are working to correct the pin and will send me another Tip when it is corrected.

Fred
    Got my 2-in-1 supposed to be 3-in-1 Styluscentral stylus the other day. The cap kept coming off when I went to take it out-sure to get lost-BUT the worst thing was that the cap came off and I could not get the pen out of the unit. Finally, I put the cap back on, put the Treo in the freezer so the plastic contracted and fit snugger, then carefully remove the stylus.
    A great product idea, loser execution.
    Although the 3-in-1 stylus seems to be a loser at the time, I have to commend you on your problem solving ability. T600 in the freezer- nice job.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast