Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you close all the other ports, a machine in the DMZ is basically the same as port forwarding, but if you are just offering the video server, port forwarding is probably the safer bet.
    I usually restrict machines in the DMZ to things that offer multiple services (ie: Web, ftp and mail).
    The DMZ is a good way to test if its a "firewall problem" though, but unless you secure the machine, dont leave it there despite the temptation.
    Pete
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I tried both setups with the port forwarding and th DMZ and I am still not able to connect to my palm video server. i made the ip of my palm server host static and that didnt work either. i am using a linksys wireless router but it is setup in the gateway mode under the tab dynamic routing, does this matter or does it need to be setup in the router mode. also, does the port server need to be 1033? i would really like to get this working before i purchase the software. i also tried with the DHCP disabled and that did not work either. thanks for all your help.
    BTW you are trying to connect to the internet IP (probably your router's IP) and not the 198.xxx of you local network? The 198's are non routable
    Pete
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I am trying to connect to my computer's IP address it is 192.168.... as it shows up on my dhcp client access log....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12