Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Does anyone know of a program that would manage the treo 600 rings and alerts on a profile style. Nokia has the Profile feature on most of its phone. Basically, you define different profiles (say: Meeting, Silent, Outood, Night...) and for each you define the type, volume ...etc of each alert (phone ring, SMS...etc). Does that exist anywhere for the Treo?
    One need not look far down the list in this discussion group for this solution. I'm using it and it works great.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t44382/s.html
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Thanks a lot. I did download the application and i know it is on my Treo. Howeevr, i cannot find it in teh application list! And nothing different seems to show on the Phone app. How do you control it and use it...etc.?

thanks again.

W
    Originally posted by whajj
    Thanks a lot. I did download the application and i know it is on my Treo. Howeevr, i cannot find it in teh application list! And nothing different seems to show on the Phone app. How do you control it and use it...etc.?

thanks again.

W
    It's in the preference panel>profiles
    It launches within Preferences. Select "Profiles" from the drop-down menu in the top right corner. Yo have to create the different modes for the different profiles you create. Then when your 600 keylock is selected , it will display for a second the current profile it is in.
    For quickly changing from one profile to another, I suggest reassigning a less used hotkey (like the 3rd email button) to launch Preferences.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Thanks Guys. I got it to work, and just LOVE IT.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    What is the difference between the two options: Switcher (through Option Key) and Activated By (Through Menu Key). When i activate both option i get the same list of profiles when i click option or menu for two seconds. What is the difference between the two options?
    Blue Jay:

No need to assign a hard button. Press and hold either Menu or Opt will bring up the profile switcher (after you set the option in the Profile Menu).

Whajj:

No difference at all. Just a matter of personal preference. Set either or both.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    don't ask where I have been but now am really missing the ability to manage the ring profiles. can you tell me what was the program and can you give me the link?