Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by dgoodisi
    The solution is to email Palmgear, dataviz and all other guilty/lazy sites to get them to adapt and support changing technology.
    They have already started to support mobile devices. The problem is that their implementation is not finished, so right now if you want to browse those sites with your Treo you're redirected automatically to those broken "mobile" versions. Until they decide to fix it, the only choice is to masquerade as a non-mobile browser, unfortunately.

Hopefully in a few months there will be no need for such a fix!
  2.    #22  
    dgoodisi, I agree with what you are saying. This is only a temporary fix until PalmGear and others get their act together.

lb505, what is the link you are using to get to picture mail?
    My daughter sent me a picture she took with her 8100. I used the link that came with the SMS that said I had a picture mail ("You have a picture share!" with a link attached) The page that loaded was formatted differently than before I had installed the 'fix'. I clicked on the link that said 'download picture' (or something very close to that) after the page loaded and then I got the message that the file was not in the correct format. The links were on top of the picture with the 'fix' installed. Once I removed the fix, I viewed the picture again and the links were all at the bottom of the page (under the picture) and I was able to download the picture.
  4.    #24  
    Originally posted by lb505
    My daughter sent me a picture she took with her 8100. I used the link that came with the SMS that said I had a picture mail ("You have a picture share!" with a link attached) The page that loaded was formatted differently than before I had installed the 'fix'. I clicked on the link that said 'download picture' (or something very close to that) after the page loaded and then I got the message that the file was not in the correct format. The links were on top of the picture with the 'fix' installed. Once I removed the fix, I viewed the picture again and the links were all at the bottom of the page (under the picture) and I was able to download the picture.
    Can you receive another picture, and open it in Blazer again (without the patch?). Then, after it has loaded, hit the menu button and go to Properties. Tell me what the URL is. Thanks.
    Check your PM. I took the link down because I realized it showed our phone numbers.

This is one she sent me a few days ago. If you need a new one, let me know and I will have her send one.
    Last edited by lb505; 01/26/2004 at 08:04 PM.
    I've written a Blazer_CROW file for the 1.05 version of the international ROM, with tuen help.

You can get the following files here:

GSM INT v1.09 ROM

GSM INT v1.05 ROM

GSM ORANGE FR V1.0 ROM

Have fun!
    While Blazer supports SSL and all the certs you might need to surf secure sites (see the Blazer Developers guide from the developer section of Handspring site), some banking and trading sites run server scripts on their sites that read the browser tag. Many of them impose a restriction on what browsers can use their HTTPS pages.

Xiino browser supports browser tag spoofing AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $but$ $it$ $is$ $no$ $match$ $for$ $Blazer$ $3$ $in$ $terms$ $of$ $functionality$.

I would be curious to know if anyone has used this fix to successfully get into a bank or trading site where formerly you were denied entry.
    I 2nd the request for a way to get WAP only information.
    ------
    Dave
    It works beautifully. The OP should work at PalmOne. Is there a way a similar fix can be produced for yahoo mail and hotmail?

I can get to the desktop version sites of those two websites with the current fix. However, when I try to log on, the data keeps "sending..." but I can't log on.

Anyway, nice job.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12