Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    They have a beta available here .

Changes since 2.1.1:

Feature: Added a "real" equalizer in place of the MP3-only equalizer. (#958)
    Feature: Support using Treo 600 volume buttons to change Pocket Tunes volume (#1057)
    Feature: Add support for ShoutCast stations that require authorization, such as di.fm's premium stations.
    Feature: New default skin designed by Lance Wehrung (lance@palmfocus.com)
    Feature: Enabled screen turn-off on Tapwave Zodiac. (#487)
    Feature: Enabled background console with Tapwave Zodiac and added Zodiac-specific buttons to the background button choices. (#931)
    Feature: Tapwave Zodiac action buttons can now be used to change tracks.
    Feature: By default, Zodiac action buttons control volume and tracks while in other apps. Can be turned off from background prefs screen. (#943)
    Feature: Added option to swap 5-way navigator axes (#942)
    Enhancement: Added new skin conditions (#934)
    Enhancement: Added new skin integers (#937)
    Enhancement: Added new skin actions (#936)
    Enhancement: Added ability to negate the left or right hand side of a conditional expression when defining a skin. (#935)
    Bug fix: Fixed problem with integer operations in skins (#505)
    Bug fix: Fixed some minor problems on devices without a DIA.
    Bug fix: Improved robustness when encountering bad filenames.
    Bug fix: Fixed problems with rotating screen on Tapwave Zodiac
    Bug fix: Fixed minor skin redraw problem with progress bars (#1136)
    Bug fix: Fixed bug where playlist wouldn't display current song when starting up (#1071)
    Bug fix: Fixed bug where using wide/tall skins in landscape mode could cause screen to rotate unexpectedly on the T3 (#1146)
    Bug fix: Fixed problem when button pressed or held event opens dialog (#1153)

==============================

From a post on Yahoo groups about software issues.

See .

BugMe! - May cause crash requiring reset. May prevent pop-up console from
    operating.

VolumeRocker - Causes crash when bringing up pop-up console and remaps the
    5way navigator.

TreoNavSet - causes crash when bringing up pop-up console and remaps the
    5way navigator.

CJKOS - (forces Palm apps to recognize Chinese characters) causes crash
    requiring reset.

WebPro - causes crash when accessing streaming audio. Update WebPro software
    to solve this problem.

TextPlus - causes soft reset when Pocket Tunes is playing in the background.

Treo Alert Manager - causes crash.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Felipe,

Any problems since upgrading to the new beta?
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
  3.    #3  
    i haven't loaded the beta yet.
    Felipe
    The new default skin rocks!! No problems so far. EQ works ok.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I just installed it as well 15 mins ago. Yes, very sweet-looking skin! Me definitely like! No issues so far either.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    The new skin is "HiFi"? I like the Brushed Metal one aesthetically, but I guess HiFi is more functional.

I was excited to get the volume buttons enhancement, but disappointed they don't work around the keyguard. It's kind of useless, if you use that. I will mention it to them.

I'll have to play around with the equalizer. But I really need better headphones before I can really tell.
    Yes, installed and using. No problems so far.

Thanks for the info Felipe.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  8.    #8  
    Hey, since no one is finding anything wrong, I guess it is time to make a backup to sd and install the beta.
    Felipe
    Reading through that entire list of bug fixes...I never encountered a problem with the earlier version. I'm thrilled to have the volume support though!
    I haven't used PTunes in bunches of a while and after reading this thread, downloaded the beta - no problems with it and the improvements are good. Also like the volume control. Ben

========

Originally posted by Alli
    Reading through that entire list of bug fixes...I never encountered a problem with the earlier version. I'm thrilled to have the volume support though!
    Since day one, I have it on the SD card and it works. Ben
    ----------

Originally posted by Felipe
    Hey, since no one is finding anything wrong, I guess it is time to make a backup to sd and install the beta.
    I haven't been able to get the NAV button to enable Play-- is this possible?

Also, what does General Preferenes -> Swap 5-way nav. axes do? I've checked this, and the only apparent difference is that it defaults to volume control.
    The center button on the 5-way will play or pause the Pocket Tunes app. Left and right by default skip to the next song or the beginning of the current song playing. Up and down will adjust the volume. At least this is how it works on my phone.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
  14.    #14  
    the swap 5 way nav changes:

up/down moves to a different song.

right/left changes volume
    Felipe
    I so appreciate your feedback-- it made me realize I might have a software conflict. The culprit was Volume Rocker, where I had the "Held Center changes Nav." Disabling it did the trick. The only app I use this particular function for is Filez. (No biggie-- I'll likely switch to TreoButler soon anyway.)
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    what about registering itself as the default mp3 handler? is that still beyond ptunes capabilities? I'd like to be able to download MP3's from the web browser or get them as attachments, but currently, without third party software like Media Manager or ReceiveIt, the Treo gives an error saying there is no default application for that filetypes (such as an mp3). It seems to me that it should be possible to add the necessary hooks into ptunes to enable this, just like ptunes becomes the default handler for *.pls files.
    PT will need a little extra work to support receving MP3/Ogg files from Exchange Manager -- the big issue is that the application will need a mechanism to let you save a the file to a particular location. That requires new UI code. I'm sure Tim and company have it on their long-term feature list, but its not as easy to do as some of the other improvements already in the 2.2 beta.
    I just checked to see if they put out a new beta and I see that 2.2 is now a released product. That was a short beta life. Guess they did their testing first.
    Ok - maybe a dumb ? but how do we get the latest release to show vs. the beta? I get the "this is a betaa mssg every time I use Pocket Tunes.

Thanks.
    adaboy1
  20.    #20  
    download the latest version from the pocket tunes home page and install it.
    Felipe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast