1.    #1  
    Can someone clear me up on this.
    the Sprint verison of T6 will not room off of sprint network. So if you are out of range for the Sprint towers BUT within range of a ATT, Cing or Vz Tower you will not get service.
    However if you have a Cing or Tmob T600 it will work?
    it this correct?
    Sorry about the typing errors; I'm all thumbs.
  2.    #2  
    If the above is true is there a work around or are you SOL i.e. Signal Out of Luck.
    I believe that is incorrect. I have roamed with my CDMA/Sprint Treo600.
    Two different technologies. ATT, Cingular, Tmo (GSM networks) vs. Sprint, Verizon (CDMA networks). Sprint can roam on CDMA networks only. GSM phones roam on GSM networks only. Never the two shall meet. Simple enough?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    "Can someone clear me up on this.
    the Sprint verison of T6 will not room off of sprint network. So if you are out of range for the Sprint towers BUT within range of a ATT, Cing or Vz Tower you will not get service.
    it this correct?

Chem Eng-He asked about Vz too, Vz is CDMA, correct?
    yes you can "roam" on verizons CDMA towers and that's it.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Originally posted by Burkhardi

Chem Eng-He asked about Vz too, Vz is CDMA, correct?
    I did say that Verizon and Sprint are CDMA on my previous post. Sprint can roam on Verizon's network (known to be the largest).
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    $5 free and clear plan and my Sprint Treo now works on the largest network in the US It's a bargin if you ask me.

I only wish the web worked. Tried last time I was roaming, no such luck.
    I have no problem placing and receiving calls while roaming with Sprint. However, you can't access the Web or check email while roaming.
    "Those left standing will make millions writing books on the way it should have been"
    Ditto. I think it's becasue your configed as having Sprint as your ISP and your not on their "server". I have the same issue. The error I get even says I can't use it while roaming.
  11.    #11  
    In my company which has leaded glass and special walls our Director has a VZ cell phone. So somehow he got tired of his cell not working so he had VZ install a transmitter Inside the building.
    So now if you have a VZ phone it will work. Now since SPC will Roam on VZ. I am wondering why I can't pull a signal? Whats missing?
    Do you get a Sprint signal while in the building?
  13.    #13  
    no on my unit I have no signal.
    but the Vz. cell sets Do have 4 bars
    Originally posted by lenman
    Can someone clear me up on this.
    it this correct?
    You have probably verified this, but because of your original question...have you ensured that you have roaming enabled on your phone? Just checking since it can be disabled.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Folks,

The Treo will roam not only on Verizon, but on every other CDMA carrier in the US (Alltel and some smaller ones). With the $5 add on plan, all these minutes are included.

I have used this around Boston and when travelling, and without a doubt, this is the best coverage you can get.

Note that the Sprint TREO has to be configured to allow roaming. In the phone app, go to the menu Options | Phone Preferences and make sure enable digital roaming is checked.

If you do not have the roaming plan, you will be charged $.50+ for all these minutes. If you have it, it will be included in your regular plan minutes. The Sprint web site says that you may have to pay long distance when roaming. This is not the case, it's included (except Canada).

I am a 7 year ex Verizon user and travel all over. This Sprint deal rocks.

Note: The GSM Treo is totally different. This is the Treo used by AT&T, Cingular and T-Mobile in the US. The Sprint (CDMA) and GSM Treo are not compatible, and use totally different chipsets. If you have a GSM model, you may or not be able to roam on different carriers.

The GSM Treo is a great option for folks that travel out of the country, but the coverage will not match the Sprint Treo in the US with the roaming option.

Glenn