1.    #1  
    able to listen to classical music on mp3 and surf the web at the same time. this thing truly rocks!

finding new ways to enjoy the treo 600 all the time. A little under the weather this week, so lots of time to relax with this thing, and really, what a pleasure!!
    yeah I love how I can hit up a live shoutcast and visit the place's IRC chat room with upIRC. . . it's great being able to actually make a request and hear it without having to disconnect anything.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I use Shoutcast with Pocket Tunes to stream audio. But, has anyone used the Treo as an audio source to a stereo?
    nope, I know there's some impedance issues with doing that too.

there's some fixes listed in the forums. . . I've thought about making a cable to get it to work so I can use the treo in my car. . . but I haven't really ever gotten around to it.

bytheby, the standard stream that the treo can hold really won't cut it for normal in-home stereo use. . .
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

I'm on TMobile and am having major buffering problems, even with 56k streams. Any advice on particular streams that are esp. good?
    Originally posted by Tekara
    there's some fixes listed in the forums. . . I've thought about making a cable to get it to work so I can use the treo in my car. . . but I haven't really ever gotten around to it.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ght=irock.html

The setup mentioned in the above link works great. I've been able to drive from Virginia to New York and back listening to Shoutcast the entire trip.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Originally posted by giggsy
    I'm on TMobile and am having major buffering problems, even with 56k streams. Any advice on particular streams that are esp. good?
    I am on Sprint. I try to keep them to 56k and below. Sound is not great, but it beats the regular radio stations while on long trips. I have noticed that after about 1 hour it starts buffering very often. So now I just disconnect and reconnect about every hour.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    GPRS on T-Mobile seems to be able to transmit at around 40 - 50 kbs so I use 20kbs Shoutcast streams. Anything over 32kbs and the Treo just keeps buffering and won't play.
  9.    #9  
    is there any way to connect to msnbc or foxnews? listening to larry king on while on a train would be cool. cnn would also be a great broadcast to be able to connect to. any ideas?