Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Alrighty,

According to some mails I have got to send the patched.zip (probably asked to everybody from the unlock threads), there are still people praying for the unlock solution supplied by the heroes who did it.

On the main page of www.vanderleur.net I saw some crazy remark at the bottom of the page that the bear is unlocking treo 600's. Rumours say this might be the case on saturday 24 januari 2004.

May the force be with you. Here in Holland it is legal.

Peter

PS Oops..... I almost forgot to ask if everybody who adopts something from the bear wants to consider to let the bear unlock on his their for a day too......just to help others. Thanks. Next time it's YOU.
    Last edited by peter017; 01/23/2004 at 05:06 PM.
  2.    #2  
    please try the link before emailing me to send the file.
    Your post is probably a little too cryptic. Why don't you provide the link straight to the zip?
  4.    #4  
    yes, why not?

http://www.vanderleur.net/patched.zip

but they can't see that bear then, not to mention ME!
    bear !!!Wooow!!!!
    Nice work Peter, and I am sure folks will go to your webpage just to see the bear... the more aesthetically pleasing of the guys in the pic LOL
    Some *rse is selling download on ebay at 50... I have countered this with a small reference to TC, but left it for others to find the .zip.
  7.    #7  
    Scudder,

Amazing......another reason to have it available.....maybe also tomorrow. Traffic so far is reasonable.
  8.    #8  
    did i say reasonable? I meant BEARable..........
  9.    #9  
    yesyesyes guys,

I know, most of the links in the menu don't work....

Reason: the motherf@ckers at dutch company KPN, which have sort of a monopoly of phone landlines and thus (A)DSL plans in The Netherlands, decided to take 3 of my 4 IP-adresses on januari 2 last. At the moment my lawyers are preparing a courtway, as I refuse to work with a router and stuff like that, just want all my computers have an own IP address and can be reached just like that from outside.

So i am sorry my webcams and fileservers are out of reach.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Could you please tell me what this unlock thing is.
    I have seen a lot of threads taking about it.
    True or false
    This enables one to take the phone to another service provider without asking the current provider for permission?

And if so is this illegal in the US?
    Thanks for the clarification and please excuse the stupidity.
    Originally posted by Deeder
    Could you please tell me what this unlock thing is.
    I have seen a lot of threads taking about it.
    True or false
    This enables one to take the phone to another service provider without asking the current provider for permission?

And if so is this illegal in the US?
    Thanks for the clarification and please excuse the stupidity.
    If a phone is locked it means you cant use it on any other service provider.

For example the AT&T treo is locked, so if I put my T-Mobile SIM card in it, the treo wont allow me to use wireless services, because it is SIM locked.

If its unlocked, like the cingular Treo 600, I can put my T-Mobile SIM card in it and it works; I can use wireless services.

Most people are trying to unlock the AT&T TREO 600 to use on T-Mobile.

Get it?
    ~Steve~**Treo 600 replaced Sidekick #17!!**
    Please do not start another debate about USA law on this thread.
    This .zip file will unlock any GSM Treo to any simcard/network.
    This will invalidate your warranty, but you can always lock the phone again by running the 2.09 Firmware which cancels the previos FW upgrade and locks the phone again.

It is a Grrrrrrreat piece of free kit.
    Guys,

Despite having an unlocked Treo (Malaysian telco's already wasted their time and quit locked phones ages ago), the recent events/postings/discoveries re Treo unlocking have been the most entertaining and important discussions since we were all waiting for the Treo to come out.

I'm really glad to see that the true sprit of the Internet is alive and well, corny I'm sure, but true nonetheless - users across continents sharing problems, experiences, knowledge, friendship...

As I have 2c, here are my 2 observations for anyone who may care to read (Palm12345, are you listening?!?):

#1 - Anything made by humans can be broken by humans.

#2 - Humans are extremely resourceful. They will always find a way to get what they want.

Lastly, I just want to thank MOL, EuroClie, Peter the Bear, Ifly + all the others for all the effort they all put into helping their fellow Treo users out there, and for sharing online...

PS: MOL - love the avatar, will your sig now change to include references to shooting and goats now
    Still thinking of what to put here..
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Newbie Alert!

Are there any guidelines for applying the patch? I would be trying to unlock a UK Orange Treo 600.

Just to add to the debate for all us europeans with only Orange selling the Treo at the moment, remember you can buy an unlocked Treo 600 from the US for around 300 at http://www.buy.com/retail/product_jump.asp?sku=10356004. OK, they have no stock at the moment, AND you might have to pay some import duties, but you get a nice silver model! Any comments?
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Humble pie - I found the process for applying the patch:

1 Hard reset, delete data
    2 Install the latest firmware (2.09/1.09)
    3 Synch the 40 patch files for the unlock (cradle -> treo)
    4 run the firmware updater
    5 enjoy

I'd still like your comments on buying an unlocked Treo from the US though...
    If Peter's source runs dry, I can be a back up. The webpage is ready to go with the links there for the firmware and the patch.zip!!!

When it does, someone post a message and then I'll post the link.

Cheers!!!
  17.    #17  
    Hi Stig,

They onlt sell in North America and besides that: that black/graphite treo is more beautiful even with the orange stamp.
    many thanks to peter the bear for taking pity on those of us that missed it the first time around! and, many thanks to mol & euroclie for making it happen. and also to everyone else who has participated in this thread!!!!
    Originally posted by Stig
    Humble pie - I found the process for applying the patch:

1 Hard reset, delete data
    2 Install the latest firmware (2.09/1.09)
    3 Synch the 40 patch files for the unlock (cradle -> treo)
    4 run the firmware updater
    5 enjoy

I'd still like your comments on buying an unlocked Treo from the US though...

I have some questions.

1) Where do you download the latest firmware?
    2) How do you install the firmware once you get it?
    3) Is this procedure reversable?
    4) Will upgrading the firmware void the warranty?
    5) How can you get a list of fixes/additions the new firmware provides?

Thanks in advance!

Darwin
    For latest firmware, search T600 hardware for 2.09
    Yes upgrading will void your warranty.
    If you delete all the current service provider's wallpaper, etc when doing the 2.09 upgrade it is not reversible (at this time unless someone has sorted this one and I missed it). This is a small price to pay for unlocking the phone.
    One the other hand, if you run the patched.zip files without upgrading to the 2.09 firmware it will still unlock your phone without deleting the service provider's stufff i.e. if it is on Orange UK you still get the cr*p screens and web pages are still set to their default, etc.
    You DO NOT need the 2.09 upgrade to unlock your phone, the upgrade included in the patched files does not do a full upgrade. A nice touch from the hackers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast