1.    #1  
    After recently acquiring the treo600 I am now keen to have some fun with it!

I have downloaded the trial version of Gizmo and also the trial version of Sonic and have installed them onto the handheld. The problem is when I try to open Sonic directly it gives me an error regarding the ARM code, and when I open Gizmo and try LOAD it asks for the memory card (which I don't have yet)

Can't it access Sonic directly from the internal memory?

Also tried the trial version of Rayman but as I'm using mac osx it didn't work!

What games are available for tre600 using osx?
    did you run the rom converter to convert the gg file to a pdb? sandisk is being slow on sending me my replacement SD card so i don't know if the program can open *.gg files.

if your using the standard gizmo make sure you have the game gear version of sonic. only gizmo ultra plays sms games.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

3.    #3  
    thanks for the reply

I installed the trial version from handango which has the prc. suffix which I thought needs no conversion.

Also I have been trying to access the KalemSoft site but there seems to be a problem there as it wont load, to download the mac version of the rom installer as I thought I might need this.
    only the games need to be converted, not the actual emulator itself.

there are two versions of gizmo, standard and ultra. gizmo standard has some code for the treo 600 and only plays game gear roms. gizmo ultra will play both game gear games and sega master system roms; but gizmo ultra isn't very compatable with the treo 600.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

5.    #5  
    I'm using the standard Gizmo emulator that is optimized for the Treo 600 and are trying the trial version of the Sonic game from Handango which has the prc. suffix
    oh! I see. . .

.prc is the palm version of an exe on your desktop.

that sonic game sounds like it's a stand alone program, i.e. it doesn't need an emulator to run. From the sounds of it the sonic game doesn't work on the treo 600. If so, you should look around the net for a game gear rom of sonic.

7.    #7  
    thanks!

Will do so as soon as I'm able to access KalemSofts site to download the mac version rom installer.

(Not sure why I can't do so, maybe the site is being updated)
    Sonic Requires a 320x320 screen to work. If you look at the info for the game, it specifically states what devices it works on. Get a Game Gear ROM as the Sonic you have is a Sega Classic Game ported to Palm OS.
  9.    #9  
    Ta

Back to my original question. Will Gizmo run games from the internal memory or only from a SD card, as the message received when trying to load a game was; Can't read memory card, nothing about the sonic game being incompatible.
    yeah gizmo will run games installed on the phone itself, that's how I myself have been doing it. you have to use the rom installer for that though.

11.    #11  
    where are the best sites for accessing these games keeping in mind that I'm using mac osx; although I'm not sure that this makes a difference when you use the rom installer.
    that's going to be a tough one, rom's aren't exactly legal. . .

though, some things to try are IRC chatrooms, emule, and just a plain old google search.

I'm not sure how this forum handles posting of such links since they are legal under appropriate situations and sites will have major disclaimers removing all liabilities; so I'll go ahead and stick my neck out on this one: http://www.romnation.net

13.    #13  
    Well thats really weird.

Tried to access that site as well but no luck!

Someones trying to make very difficult for me!
  14.    #14  
    Just thought I'd add this.

I don't mind paying for games, which is why I tried the Handango version, but there just doen't seem to be much available in this style of game for the Treo 600. Maybe it is just too soon!
    the site is in .com, not .net

If you google something like 'gamegear rom', you should find hundreds of them.

I haven't used Gizmo yet, but if they really work well, that would be awesome!! (I love Sonic ans Shinobi on my old Gamegear!!)
    Dominique
    nope my original link was fine. . . works now too, there's a little blurb on their front page about them being down earlier today.

Right, it's working now .... so I can enjoy the nice animes! ;-)
    Dominique
    Originally posted by Tekara
    that's going to be a tough one, rom's aren't exactly legal. . .

That used to be true, but seeing Sega no longer provides GG games, under a new law, it's legal to download the games. The law states that if the games are no longer widely available, you can download the ROM and use it legally. I can't remember where I saw that, but you can probably look around for it on google to get more details.