1.    #1  
    as shown here:

http://store.iphonepcs.com/02119vrp.html

Is anyone using this case? Can you answer a couple of questions?

In the photo, the palm appears to be inserted so the screen is in, against the hip. Is there a recess on the other end of the case that would allow the antenna to protrude if the phone was inserted with the screen facing out?

Is there room, on either end, for a stereo plug or adapter to be used while the Treo is in the case?
    Finally, how badly does the case seem to mute the volume of the speaker?

TIA,

p.s. I intend no recommendation of iphonepcs.com. This was just a good photo to reference.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    T600 only fits case one way--screen towards clip side.

There is a round hole at the end for the headphone jack. I used a pair of scissors to convert this to a slot to allow me to insert/remove my T600 with headset/adaptors plugged in.

Speaker is muted a bit, but I can still hear the phone ring--you could turn on vibrate mode as well.

YMMV.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks!
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by meyerweb

In the photo, the palm appears to be inserted so the screen is in, against the hip. Is there a recess on the other end of the case that would allow the antenna to protrude if the phone was inserted with the screen facing out?

Antenna is no problem no matter which way the T600 is inserted.

Is there room, on either end, for a stereo plug or adapter to be used while the Treo is in the case?

True, the T600 is meant to be inserted with the screen facing IN, as you saw, but one can insert the T600 with screen facing in either direction. Despite a very small increase in the angle at which the T600 will rest by installing it with screen out, the audio jack will then be exposed -- the elastic flap on that side of the case is low enough to clear the input hole (at least on my included-in-the-box one it is). This way you can keep the T600 in the case, and have any headset attached and functional.

Finally, how badly does the case seem to mute the volume of the speaker?

Tough to answer acurately as all cases mute the ringers to one degree or another. The problem, IMO, is not with the mute/ringer thing, but that the more "padding" between your hip and the T600 the weaker the vibrate gets.

In many ways, and at the risk of getting flamed, and in IMVHO, this is probably the best and most practical case (at the moment) of all of them: works with e-grips, never causes unintended call answering, easy in and out (but snug enough), reasonably inconspicuous, and either free (if included) or inexpensive.

I suspect the Covertec side case will be simlar, but better, if it ever is released.

I see that there may be some disagreement about the way this case is made...
    My comments are based on the 'free' side case packaged with the Cingular branded T600 shipped from HS--this case is allegedly the same as the one HS offers on their Accessories page.
    I have been using the side case for about a month now. I have the clip on one also, but don't like the space between the clear plastic and the Treo screen. Makes it feel real funny when trying to select something on the screen.

In answer to the question about the side case. My side case is the same as described. At first glance it appears the Treo will only fit one way. However, I just happended to notice that the sides are not attached right at the bottom of the curve. If you push the side with your finger, you will see that it is made so that the Treo can be inserted and the antenna will push out the side. Kinda hard to describe, but take a close look at your case and if it is like mine, you will find the cutt outs on the side.
    All these questions AND MORE! have been answered in this recent thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t47094/s.html