1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I am a brand new Treo 600 user, having just converted from having a seperate phone and PocketPC unit. I am fairly impressed with the Treo 600 thus far.

I did, however, find some problems hopefully some of you might help with:

1. Sprint Business Connection (personal edition). Unfortunately I can't seem to find an option to turn on SMTP authentication for outgoing mail. I connect to an IMAP server, so at the moment I can read mail but can't send it. My ISP requires a logon for smtp.

I've since started using Eudora mail, but it's not the ideal solution for me.

What I'd like is something similar to the Pocket PC's mail app, where each account can be stored in a seperate 'folder.' Eudora groups multiple accounts into the same inbox.

2. Attachments - how can I attach files I create on the Treo to email? I'm evaluating Docs to Go, and have created a few spreadsheet files. Unfortunately neither Eudora nor the Sprint software allow me to attach files created there.

3. Open Source software- I'd love some recommendations on open source repositories.
    1. not a sprint user, but maybe they are expecting you to used their smtp server? See this for some guidance. Then again if it works for Eudora, this may not be it.

Eudora. I used to use eudora, and remeber it had pretty good filters that could be used to move emails into their own folder. You could filter them by account. I used to use it.

2. I don't think Eudora does attachments, its developement stopped before that was implemented, then again, I could be wrong haven't used it in a while.

Snapper mail can do attachments and can store each incoming account into a seperate folder.

3. . . .
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    download the official treo 600 mail program from www.treoessentials.com it's free and optimized for the treo. enjoy
    or www.treo600essentials.com I can't remember
    1. Sprint Business Connection (personal edition). Unfortunately I can't seem to find an option to turn on SMTP authentication for outgoing mail. I connect to an IMAP server, so at the moment I can read mail but can't send it. My ISP requires a logon for smtp.
    As others have stated, Sprint is a bit quircky and unreliable with their smtp servers. Also, depending on your ISP, you may have difficulities accessing their smtp servers as well (bellsouth and RR case in point). I suggest you rely on a 3rd party liek fastmail.fm for smtp servers in the future...

I've since started using Eudora mail, but it's not the ideal solution for me.

What I'd like is something similar to the Pocket PC's mail app, where each account can be stored in a seperate 'folder.' Eudora groups multiple accounts into the same inbox.
    Snappermail will do this...

2. Attachments - how can I attach files I create on the Treo to email? I'm evaluating Docs to Go, and have created a few spreadsheet files. Unfortunately neither Eudora nor the Sprint software allow me to attach files created there.
    I don't believe Eudora support attachments. Also AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $BC$ $only$ $allow$ $openning$ $of$ $attachments$? $Anyway$, $I$ $really$ $advise$ $you$ $to$ $try$ $some$ $other$ $3rd$ $party$ $email$ $clietns$ $liek$ $snappermail$, $versamail$, $or$ $basejet$. $They$ $all$ $integreate$ $with$ $DTG6$ $well$ $and$ $allow$ $opening$ $and$ $adding$ $attachments$ $fine$...

3. Open Source software- I'd love some recommendations on open source repositories.
    Freewarepalm.com
    palmopensource.com

Palmgear also has some freeware as well...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions