Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Try this

Attention grabber is trying to resolve the fact that TB seemed to be disagreeing with TAM.

It triggers for all events that go into the attention manager. It will also trigger for the non-attention manager voicemail events that were caught by previous versions of tb.

Let me know if there are other things it should trigger for - but doesn't.

The MP3 alarm requires pocket tunes 2.1 or higher (free upgrade if you got pt with your treo)

Feedback as always welcome.

Remember - it's a beta - it may well cause crashes.
    To install - please disable tb and delete then re-install

Enjoy

Edit - attachment removed, more recent version further down thread
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 01/24/2004 at 11:54 AM.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    when i select mp3 then the arrow to choose and then hit cancel my palm crashes.

thanks for the great product though!
    Same thing here. As soon as I click on the down arrow with mp3 selected it causes a soft reset. But it's close, CF, I can feel it! :-D
  4.    #4  
    Can't understand the crashes - it works fine for me.

Only one thought - do you two have sd cards with mp3s stored on them? - (tb only looks on the sd card)

If so - are they in the //audio directory (this last part shouldn't matter)
    Finally do you have a lot of mp3s on your sd card? I have about 25 on mine - there shouldn't be a problem with more (there is contingency checking) but I haven't tested it.

Also - do you have pocket tunes 2.11 installed?

Is anyone else having more luck?

Also - any views on the attention grabber?
    Hobbyist Software
    I upgraded my Pocket Tunes before trying out the latest version of TB. I'll go add a few more tunes to my card and see if it just needs options. You think it could have anything to do with the directory name?
    Originally posted by confusedvorlon
    [B]Can't understand the crashes - it works fine for me.
    I just installed it. I can select an mp3 off of my SD card, but when I hit the 'Test' button, nothing happens. It vibrates, but it does not play an mp3.

Only one thought - do you two have sd cards with mp3s stored on them? - (tb only looks on the sd card)
    Yes, I have about 17 on my SD card.

If so - are they in the //audio directory (this last part shouldn't matter)
    Yes.

Also - do you have pocket tunes 2.11 installed?
    Yes.

BTW, good work. Cheers.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Originally posted by aolumide
    I just installed it. I can select an mp3 off of my SD card, but when I hit the 'Test' button, nothing happens. It vibrates, but it does not play an mp3.

Yes, I have about 17 on my SD card.

Yes.

Yes.

BTW, good work. Cheers.
    No MP3 audio either. Only vibrate. Midis OK.
    Tried it out and it also resets my T600 (CDMA) whenever I click on the down arrow to select an MP3 song.

I got Ptunes 2.1 Basic and I got 3 mp3 songs in my SD card.

I'll do a little more testing and see if I can find a way to bypass this problem.

Not exactly sure if I understand what "Attention Grabber" is suppose to do. Didn't know it had any conflicts with TAM. My TAM always worked fine with previous TB.

I love this app!
    Originally posted by aolumide
    Same for me. /audio, 2.1.1 basic.
    No resets, just inability to set mp3.
    Last edited by platron; 01/23/2004 at 08:30 PM.
    With "Attention" enabled and configured for "tone," TB sends SM into an wild endless loop of auto-fetching. Bizarre. Then, when trying to disable "Attention" I get a crash. Here's the error log:

Bitmap.c,Line: 1082,BmpGetDensity: invalid argument.
    [Also - any views on the attention grabber? [/B]
    In my testing:
    * As expected, has same problem setting up mp3s as for the alarm, though I can't imagine wanting them with AG anyway.
    * Doesn't work at all for "You missed a call"
    * Testing with a datebook appointment, it seemed to work if device was turned on at alert time. Otherwise it was "blocked" by the keylock. Removing keylock caused the AG tone to play correctly, and then at the requested interval.
    * Once the main features are working, it would be nice if the AG tone didn't play immediately after the alert it's reminded of you, but played for the first time only after one interval of delay.

Hope this helps.
    You folks who are able to select an mp3 without resetting - how many mp3's do you have and what exactly is the directory you have them in? root:\?
    Originally posted by TR30
    Tried it out and it also resets my T600 (CDMA) whenever I click on the down arrow to select an MP3 song.

I got Ptunes 2.1 Basic and I got 3 mp3 songs in my SD card.

I'll do a little more testing and see if I can find a way to bypass this problem.
    Okay... placed my MP3's in the \\audio directory and now it displays the list of MP3 songs I have. I guess it doesn't read it when it was in my \\music directory.

But as what everyone else reported, testing it only vibrates the phone. It doesn't play the music.
    The directory made all the difference. I created a directory called Audio and no more crashes. I'm in the same boat as everyone else now though. No sound, just the vibrate when an mp3 is selected.
    Try this

Attention grabber is trying to resolve the fact that TB seemed to be disagreeing with TAM.

It triggers for all events that go into the attention manager. It will also trigger for the non-attention manager voicemail events that were caught by previous versions of tb.

Let me know if there are other things it should trigger for - but doesn't.

The MP3 alarm requires pocket tunes 2.1 or higher (free upgrade if you got pt with your treo)

Feedback as always welcome.

Remember - it's a beta - it may well cause crashes.
    To install - please disable tb and delete then re-install

Enjoy
    Good start! Here are a few comments...

When the normal LED state is set to OFF and you select one of the LED ON states for alerts, the LED never lights up when the alert is received! Some of us don't want the LED on UNTIL we get an alert! Also, could you add an option for flashing Orange to the mix? How about fixing the alert number so it can be set to alarm indefinitely rather than 1000 times. (You might want to add the LED to your Test button. Now only the alarms go off during the Tests.)

Keep up the good work. I'll be dumping TAM soon since you're delivering what they're only promising!
    Sorry I have not been much help on this new build. With the Sprints SMS causing issues with soft resets, I don't feel I woulf have vailid troubleshooting info. Also I have been swamped at work. If I get time this weekend, I may try to download and use this new version.
    Thanks, Matt Burkhard
  17.    #17  
    Hi folks,

I've resolved a couple of uissues related to TB not finding files where it expects them - so there should be fewer crashes.

tb is looking only in the sd card for mp3. It looks only in the directory that the sd card defines as the default for mp3 (where mp3s will hotsync to I presume). In my case and some others, that is /AUDIO.

so now it shouldn't crash - but if you want it to find mp3s - /AUDIO seems to work

Beyond that - I'm still confused. For a while it stopped working - but now I can't recreate that.

Please try this on the new version if it doesn't immediately work
    soft reset (just in case!)
    tb - alarm, set, mp3, select
    assuming you have something selected - hit test

If mp3 plays - hurrah - let me know.

Otherwise - try opening pocket tunes - see if it has the name of the song you tried to play. if so - does it have the full pathname scrolling above it?

Having opened pocket tunes - try one more time if nothing makes sense yet!

btw - this version should also only grab attention after the appropriate delay. Also, the enable all and disable all options in the menu should work.

Edit/rant damn that keyguard - I thought I'd defeated it with the alarm, but it springs back for attention grabber - which uses the identical function to turn it off and play sound. Stick with disable buttons I say - until I write a better keyguard that is!

Edit2: change so that the program tells you what file it's about to try. it should give you a full file name e.g. /AUDIO/nameoffile.mp3
    I suspect this is what's getting confused - let me know what you find.

Edit 3 - attachment removed, more recent version further along thread.
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 01/25/2004 at 08:15 AM.
    Hobbyist Software
    Hi folks,

I've resolved a couple of uissues related to TB not finding files where it expects them - so there should be fewer crashes.

tb is looking only in the sd card for mp3. It looks only in the directory that the sd card defines as the default for mp3 (where mp3s will hotsync to I presume). In my case and some others, that is /AUDIO.

so now it shouldn't crash - but if you want it to find mp3s - /AUDIO seems to work

Beyond that - I'm still confused. For a while it stopped working - but now I can't recreate that.

Please try this on the new version if it doesn't immediately work
    soft reset (just in case!)
    tb - alarm, set, mp3, select
    assuming you have something selected - hit test

If mp3 plays - hurrah - let me know.

Otherwise - try opening pocket tunes - see if it has the name of the song you tried to play. if so - does it have the full pathname scrolling above it?

Having opened pocket tunes - try one more time if nothing makes sense yet!

btw - this version should also only grab attention after the appropriate delay. Also, the enable all and disable all options in the menu should work.
    Any ideas about this bug in v.99:

TELT with SnapperMail
    With "Attention" enabled and configured for "tone," TB sends SM into an wild endless loop of auto-fetching. Bizarre. Then, when trying to disable "Attention" I get a crash. Here's the error log:

19.    #19  
    Originally posted by elysian9

Any ideas about this bug in v.99:

TELT with SnapperMail

Haven't thought about this yet - trying to get base mp3 functionality to work.
    Can you tell me what you mean by auto fetching though - I'm not familiar with any e-mail programs.
    Hobbyist Software

Haven't thought about this yet - trying to get base mp3 functionality to work.
    Can you tell me what you mean by auto fetching though - I'm not familiar with any e-mail programs.
    Auto-fetch is the same thing as automatic send/receive, or in HS mail "get Mail" every x minutes/hours, etc.

So when SM is set for getting mail automatically, TB Attention sends SM into an endless loop of getting (downloading) mail.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast