Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    So - a few answers and a question

The idea is that TB will mean you don't need attention manager. The two seemed to conflict and as I have no idea why - this seemed the best solution.

The nags should stop as soon as you have pressed the centre button. - I'd appreciate it if you could test to see if that works for you.

I'll try to figure out why having pt active and getting a nag causes a crash.

This app is Treo Butler - so it is intended to replace older versions (once the bugs are worked out)

Finally - are you managing to get mp3s to play for the alarms?

thanks fot the encouragement - and assistance - there's no way I'd get this working properly without everyone trying their own particular circumstance!
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Beautiful. Fantastic. Incredible.

Now I can wake up to real music in the morning, and never miss another anything.

The LED doesn't seem to be doing its job, but that's really of no consequence as I usually can't see the LED. It's the sound that matters.

Thank you for so much hard work!
    A few more observations--

Alarm function works fine with a tone/vibrate.

I can set up MP3 just fine (actually, I use Ogg), testing works. It seems to work as an SMS alert, but does not work in the Alarm function.

If I set an alert to just vibrate whilst using Ptunes, I don't get a crash until I try to switch to another program. I am able to disable the alert with the center button. If I play a recurring sound through Ptunes, crash can happen even when trying to disable the alert with the center button. Sometimes it doesn't crash there but always will if I try to go to another program. The Treo's internal single alert for SMS does not crash Ptunes. Once I got a white screen with a loud tone that took a reset to fix.

Tried another MP3 player, Aeroplayer, as well, interestingly, very similar behavior.

The LED functionality does not seem to work for me.

As far as I can tell, everything works well (except the LED and MP3 Alarm) unless Ptunes is playing.

Thanks again

John
  4.    #44  
    LED should now work

attention grabber is still foiled by keyguard for datebook.

Can you explain exactly how to create the pocket tunes crash?

and what do you mean by - 'does not work in the alarm function'?

cheers

Edit: attachment removed - more recent version later
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 01/25/2004 at 04:12 PM.
    Hobbyist Software
    In this version the options to set vm led unddr "LED" is gone. I just have "Default LDED State"

thanks
  6.    #46  
    Not lost - but moved - You'll find it under the alert page
    Hobbyist Software
    Originally posted by confusedvorlon
    LED should now work

attention grabber is still foiled by keyguard for datebook.

Can you explain exactly how to create the pocket tunes crash?

and what do you mean by - 'does not work in the alarm function'?

cheers
    Just tried latest version... several issues:

1) After a Test is done, the state of the alert LED setting reverts to "Leave" no matter what you had set it to.

2) When alerts are received, TreoButler doesn't kick in until after the "repeat" time, i.e. if you have it set to repeat alerts every minute then there is a one-minute delay before the first alert from TreoButler is sent. (You do get the default alert from the Treo 600 first of course).

3) If you set a specific LED alert state (say solid Orange) for alerts, anything you set in the "Voicemail waiting LED state" is ignored. I.E., I set solid Orange for alerts and fast Green for Voicemail - solid Orange is used for both!
    thanks
    I can't get an MP3 to play as an alarm (to wake me up).

To get a Ptunes crash---

Listening to Ptunes, an SMS comes in (I use my Treo as a pager), I hear the alerts through the headphone, hit center button (which also has a function in SMS), and crash occurs.

Actually, I just now got my first crash without playing Ptunes---an SMS came in, hit the center button to silence (center button also activates "OK" in SMS), got a white screen with a very annoying loud buzzing noise.

Tried again, no Ptunes, and got a crash after silencing the alarm with center button after leaving the SMS application.

I know nothing about this, but seems there might be a conflict between the center button acting to silence butler vs what it's supposed to do in the program that is presented to the screen by the incoming message--SMS for example.

Hope this makes sense

Thanks
    John
  10.    #50  
    Ok - last version for the weekend. Slower progress now until next week!

Couple more bugs fixed - and a better keyguard implemented. All it does is intercept key events until you press the centre button. That stops it interfering with sound alarms, etc.

attention grabber then works for datebook alarms - and I expect some other alarm programs will work better as well.

You have to enable it in misc.

Re
    When alerts are received, TreoButler doesn't kick in until after the "repeat" time, i.e. if you have it set to repeat alerts every minute then there is a one-minute delay before the first alert from TreoButler is sent. (You do get the default alert from the Treo 600 first of course).
    - this is now officially a feature - someone earlier complained that the alert kicked in at once!

re
    1) After a Test is done, the state of the alert LED setting reverts to "Leave" no matter what you had set it to.
    -Fixed

Re
    3) If you set a specific LED alert state (say solid Orange) for alerts, anything you set in the "Voicemail waiting LED state" is ignored. I.E., I set solid Orange for alerts and fast Green for Voicemail - solid Orange is used for both!
    -alert has priority - once the alert is dismissed, the vm led should stay until you listen to it - providing you're on one of the networks for which that function works.

re pocket tunes / sms crash - I'll try to dig into those later.

Enjoy - keep the comments and bug reports.

edit - attachment removed - more recent version later on in thread
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 01/26/2004 at 06:09 PM.
    Hobbyist Software
    Ok, CV. We'll give you the rest of the night off.
  12.    #52  
    If anyone's trying this (and I think it'll become a must have!) - there's a couple of points to note (until I fix them tonight)

- it won't work unless you have vol buttons or keyguard enabled as well.
    - for some reason it doesn't block the up & down rocker keys
    - it does block the 4 hard keys (so you can only turn on with the power button)
    Edit: thanks kilo - it doesn't block the hard keys - I just hadn't realised that I still had disable buttons turned on.
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 01/26/2004 at 06:54 AM.
    Hobbyist Software
    It doesn't block my hard keys from turning on...but works as advertised for everything else.

It also doesn't turn back off after it comes on and you don't hit the center button. It would be nice to make it do that so if the a button is hit accidently it will shut back off.
  14.    #54  
    Ok - this version of the invisible keyguard now ignores all the keys (I think) - except the brightness key which I've decided to leave for giggles.

It also has a defineable delay for auto off.

do try the new keyguard - it makes lots of the alarm stuff work better and will allow me to move some ot the alarm playing stuff to a more appropriate location (hopefully less chance of crashes) - so I'm thinking about making it more or less a requirement to use TB alarms and alerts.

I'd like to know how it reacts with other apps - I expect it'll make a few alarm based apps actually play again!

I'll also try to make it less invisible later!

Getting close to 1.0...
    Is anyone still having problems with mp3s???
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hobbyist Software
    So far so good. Will install and test the latest/greatest. You are on your way to becoming number one indispensable utility!
    What exactly does invisible keyguard do?
    Sorry--alert during Pocket-tunes play still causes a crash/reset, even with the invisible keyguard set--crash does not occur during the alert, only when I tap the screen to go to the message. I also can't seem to get the alarm to work with MP3--got it to go once out of four tries.
    Originally posted by elysian9
    I thought I was the only one wondering about this.
  19.    #59  
    Originally posted by elysian9
    The invisible keyguard replaces the current keyguard. If you have the normal keyguard turned on - then the invisible one intercepts it whenever it would become active.

The invisible keyguard then does the same job (stops screen taps and keys from doing anything) until you press the centre button.

At the moment - there's a slight bug in that if you turn off the treo before the invisible keyguard gets it's chance - then it'll petulantly turn off your treo next time you turn it on (so you'll have to turn it on again).

The advantage of the invisible keyguard is that it doesn't interfere with all the background events - so alarms etc work more reliably.

And - yes - the fact that it's invisible is confusing - but I'll fix that!
    Hobbyist Software
    Originally posted by confusedvorlon

The invisible keyguard replaces the current keyguard. If you have the normal keyguard turned on - then the invisible one intercepts it whenever it would become active.

The invisible keyguard then does the same job (stops screen taps and keys from doing anything) until you press the centre button.

At the moment - there's a slight bug in that if you turn off the treo before the invisible keyguard gets it's chance - then it'll petulantly turn off your treo next time you turn it on (so you'll have to turn it on again).

The advantage of the invisible keyguard is that it doesn't interfere with all the background events - so alarms etc work more reliably.

And - yes - the fact that it's invisible is confusing - but I'll fix that!
    Got it.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast