Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Originally posted by confusedvorlon
    [B]Hi folks,

I've resolved a couple of uissues related to TB not finding files where it expects them - so there should be fewer crashes.

tb is looking only in the sd card for mp3. It looks only in the directory that the sd card defines as the default for mp3 (where mp3s will hotsync to I presume). In my case and some others, that is /AUDIO.

so now it shouldn't crash - but if you want it to find mp3s - /AUDIO seems to work

Beyond that - I'm still confused. For a while it stopped working - but now I can't recreate that.

Please try this on the new version if it doesn't immediately work
    soft reset (just in case!)
    tb - alarm, set, mp3, select
    assuming you have something selected - hit test

If mp3 plays - hurrah - let me know.
    I tried all the above, and it still does not work for me.

Otherwise - try opening pocket tunes - see if it has the name of the song you tried to play. if so - does it have the full pathname scrolling above it?
    Neither my selected mp3 nor any mp3 is displayed in the PT interface.

Having opened pocket tunes - try one more time if nothing makes sense yet!
    Still nothing.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
  2.    #22  
    are folks getting the 'about to play...' message. If so - do the file names look right.

It still works on my treo
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    confusedvorlon,

I think i may have stumbled onto something (or not).

Prior to my installing your latest version of TB last night, I had just installed a beta version of Pocket Tunes(PT) ver. 2.2b1 to be exact.

Using BackupMan, I restored my entire treo this afternoon, to its PT state prior to installing the PT beta (i.e I reverted to ver 2.1.1). I tested TB, and lo and behold, I got an mp3 to play when I hit the test button.

I'd be interested in finding out if anyone else currently unable to successfully 'test' the alarm/mp3 playback functionality in TB had previously installed the PT beta.

My $0.02 cents.

P.S. I'm not getting the 'About to Play' msg.

rgds,

aolumide
    Originally posted by aolumide
    confusedvorlon,

I think i may have stumbled onto something (or not).

Prior to my installing your latest version of TB last night, I had just installed a beta version of Pocket Tunes(PT) ver. 2.2b1 to be exact.

Using BackupMan, I restored my entire treo this afternoon, to its PT state prior to installing the PT beta (i.e I reverted to ver 2.1.1). I tested TB, and lo and behold, I got an mp3 to play when I hit the test button.

I'd be interested in finding out if anyone else currently unable to successfully 'test' the alarm/mp3 playback functionality in TB had previously installed the PT beta.

My $0.02 cents.

rgds,

aolumide
    my won't paly the mp3 and I have the beta installed
    The mp3 test in TB has now stopped working.

Guess my initial hypothesis about it having to do with the version of pocket tunes is incorrect. Sorry if I made anyone go off on an unnecessary trouble-shooting tangent.

rgds,

aolumide
    I just did a soft reset, and it started to work again!

ConfusedVorlon, any updates on what's going on?
  7.    #27  
    pleased that someone has briefly got mp3 to play. still v confused it works 100% for me. might try hard reset and reinstalll pt + tb tomorrow after sleeping on the problem.

Anyone getting the about to play? any insights?
    pleased that someone has briefly got mp3 to play. still v confused it works 100% for me. might try hard reset and reinstalll pt + tb tomorrow after sleeping on the problem.

Anyone getting the about to play? any insights?
    Cool! It works for me!

When I hit "Test," the following message pops up:
    "Info About to try playing /AUDIO/musicfile.mp3"
    Then when I hit "OK," the music plays.

However, the music will play all the way through, even after I hit "Set & Close." I always gotta go to Ptunes to stop it. Is there a way you can have it set up so when you hit OK on the "Define Alert" screen it will stop?
    Originally posted by TR30

Cool! It works for me!

However, the music will play all the way through, even after I hit "Set & Close." I always gotta go to Ptunes to stop it. Is there a way you can have it set up so when you hit OK on the "Define Alert" screen it will stop?
    Is your Treo CDMA or GSM?
    Originally posted by aolumide

Is your Treo CDMA or GSM?
    CDMA
    with Ptunes 2.1 Basic (didn't upgrade to new beta)
    Originally posted by TR30

Cool! It works for me!

Still not happening for me.

This works for me consistently.

Ditto for me too (including the 'stop mp3 playback' request)

As a side-note, my T6 was originally GSM Cingular branded, but is now INT, running F/W ver. 2.08, and runs on T-Mobile. I'm also running Pocket Tunes Deluxe ver. 2.1.1, and Treo Butler ver. 0.991.

Cheers!
  12.    #32  
    looks like at least some of the problem is pocket tunes versions - doubt that's all of it though.

I've attached a new version. Nothing much changed - but it should give the message to show what it's about to play (look for any problems with the file name). The message is immediately before the PT call - so should pick anything up. If there's an error with the PT call, I've added a couple of error alerts to show them.

This version is just for the debugging - it will always show the info - test or alarm.

I'm wondering if there is something going on with volume naming - my sd card doesn't have a volume name - perhaps others do and that part isn't working properly.

btw I'm on pt 2.11 basic - where is the beta version so i can test it?

thanks for all your help - hopefully we'll figure out the problem soon!

edit:
    PS - you're right, there's no way to stop an mp3 from treobutler - you have to fire up pocket tunes.

Edit - removed the attachment - more recent version later on.
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 01/25/2004 at 08:13 AM.
    Hobbyist Software
    confusedvorlon,

Would it be possible to set up the alarm so that user can select certain days of the week? Currently it just has the every day option, but I don't want it to wake me up early in the morning on a weekend (assuming that I will forget to disable the alarm on a Friday night).

Thanks!
    btw I'm on pt 2.11 basic - where is the beta version so i can test it?
    The PT beta can be found at http://www.pocket-tunes.com/beta.html
    I got an crash while getting an alert on an SMS while in Pocket-tunes, then and endless alert cycle when the Treo rebooted! Had to delet TB to make it stop.
  16.    #36  
    I'm very confused. I'll ask Norman at pocket tunes if he has any ideas.

Can people do a quick pop quiz

can you see/select mp3s?
    do they play if press test?
    what version of TB?
    what version of pocket tunes?
    What phone / network / rom?

Thanks
    Hobbyist Software
  17.    #37  
    Should give more info if there are problems.

One dumb thing to check - make sure that pt isn't set to zero volume.

Edit: Oh and this version lets you set your preferred folder for your mp3s in preferences. It also lets you stop play from tb - though it doesn't actually stop PT from running in the background.

edit:attachment removed - newer version later
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 01/25/2004 at 12:30 PM.
    Hobbyist Software
    I've made a few observations--first, this is a great program, so I'm hopeful the bugs will get worked out.

I've loaded the latest version posted here. My current quest is to find a "nagging" program that will alert me to SMS, even when listening to Ptunes. TreoAlertManager crashes Ptunes every time.

First, no matter what I do, the nagging won't stop until it's cycled through the number of repeats I set in TB. Answering the SMS does not stop the nagging. Am I missing something?

Second, if I have an audible nag (not an MP3) while listening to Ptunes, the audible nag comes through but then the Treo crashes. If I let the internal treo alarm go once, then just use a repeating vibration nag, no crash but again, the nag continues even after acknowleging the SMS.

I'm using Silverscreen as a launcher, does not seem to interfere. I'm using the beta Ptunes, CDMA Treo from Sprint.

Thanks for all your hard work

John
    Is this app intended to be a replacement for TreoAlertMgr? Is it supposed to work WITH Treo Butler, or is it a replacement for Treo Butler?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    The latest version seems to do everything alert manager does, with less hassle. Even has more features--an LED color change to alert as well. If the nagging alarm gets the bugs out, I don't see why I would need AlertManager any more.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast