1.    #1  
    My cell phone is dead. Need to replace quickly. I'm dying to get a Treo 600. I'm with Sprint now but am not under contract anymore.

Here's the one downside as far as I know and I'd love input from someone who knows. I am a rabid Mac user. Do I have any options for receiving my regular email account on the Treo 600 through Sprint (or anywhere else for that matter).

I want very much to carry only one device, but it's also important that I be able to receive email away from home. Can anyone suggest anything? Should I not do the 600?

Any other downside with the Mac and the Treo 600?

Also, I see that Amazon has a very good deal on the T600 but they're out of stock. Any other suggestions for a source?

Thanks in advance. this forum is invaluable. Your time and attention is appreciated.
    Originally posted by arloo
    My cell phone is dead. Need to replace quickly. I'm dying to get a Treo 600. I'm with Sprint now but am not under contract anymore.

Here's the one downside as far as I know and I'd love input from someone who knows. I am a rabid Mac user. Do I have any options for receiving my regular email account on the Treo 600 through Sprint (or anywhere else for that matter).

I want very much to carry only one device, but it's also important that I be able to receive email away from home. Can anyone suggest anything? Should I not do the 600?

Any other downside with the Mac and the Treo 600?

Also, I see that Amazon has a very good deal on the T600 but they're out of stock. Any other suggestions for a source?

Thanks in advance. this forum is invaluable. Your time and attention is appreciated.
    If you're asking whether or not you can receive your .Mac email on the 600, the answer is yes.
    There really is no "downside" to being a Mac user with the 600. I've never ecountered any problems.

I use the GSM model w/ Tmo. And yes, you can receive email without trouble. I have mail forwarded from my Mac (my treo checks my own mobile email every 5min.), when I'm out of town, to my Treo. With programs like Docs to Go, even Word, Excel, pdfs come through like a charm.

Highly recommend the Trizzle.
    As far as Amazon and Sprint, they've had that "In Stock Soon" message up constantly since they started carrying the T6. Many people on this forum have reported getting estimated ship dates as far as 6 weeks out, but received their phones in 1 or 2 weeks. A coworker of mine ordered one through them and received it in 5 business days.

So don't let that discourage you. It really is a good deal.
    I'm a Mac user as well, and am using a Treo 600 (GSM). If you use Entourage, there's even a conduit that allows you to sync up with your Treo (search on macupdate.com). I also use a card reader to copy files onto the sd card for the phone.

I've configured my phone to download email from my isp email account, as well as my domain's account, and haven't had any problems.

The only advantages a GSM (AT&T/T-Mobile/Cingular) phone has over the CDMA (Sprint) are the world-roaming capability (as well as lighter weight, and longer battery life) and the ability to choose from a wider selection of service providers. But, according to another thread, it seems the Sprint data service is two to three times faster than the GSM services.

Finally, there are a few Palm apps that require a Windows machine for their desktop component (e.g., some database programs that also have an interface for your pc), but this isn't a Treo problem per se.

I used a Nokia 3600 before this with iSync through Bluetooth, and that was oftentimes a slow, headache-inducing experience. I'm quite happy with the Treo, but will immediately upgrade to one with a higher resolution screen (with better color depth), Bluetooth (for a wireless headset), and voice recorder capability (although rumor has it that this may be enabled with a firmware update).

Hope this helps.
    Originally posted by doyouflip
    As far as Amazon and Sprint, they've had that "In Stock Soon" message up constantly since they started carrying the T6. Many people on this forum have reported getting estimated ship dates as far as 6 weeks out, but received their phones in 1 or 2 weeks. A coworker of mine ordered one through them and received it in 5 business days.

So don't let that discourage you. It really is a good deal.
    I ordered my (Sprint) T600 from Amazon the weekend after New Year's. I got the shipping notice yesterday morning. I'm hoping it comes today.
    I use AOL for Palm to send and recieve all my email, and it works great with the Treo 600. Of course, I've practically always had an AOL account, and even after I got a Verizon DSL account, I still kept the AOL account for a special price of $9.95 a month. I'm also an avid Mac user and having a Treo presents no problem whatsoever.I wouldn't hesitate to get a Treo.
    Is anyone using Sprint's Business Connection to get email push from entourage? I have been using Sprint's BC with Outlook for 6 weeks now and I really like that feature. If someone is using BC and getting Email push through Entourage let me know as I am planning on buying an imac very soon.

Thanks,

Vince
  9.    #9  
    I'm going to Amazon right now.

I got my negative information from a Sprint salesperson. I knew it couldn't be right. Once again, this forum has come to the rescue.

Thank you so much. I'm sure I'll have other questions. And I'll let you know when my T600 comes.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    enjoy...isync with treo 600 rocks