Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Holy smokes, my 600 (Sprint) started white screening about a week ago...I was thinking it was me alone. I've been waking up to it that way so I downgraded Bob's Alarm back to 2.06 to see if that fixes it. Nothing else major has changed. I -have- noticed something odd going on with SMS and treohelper though. I'm getting actual SMS messages when I get an email, but it's not consistently triggering Snapper.

-Rob
    This just started happening to me as well. I made no changes (I was out of the country last week and didn't use the phone...CDMA not great in Europe). Got back and on the network, and whitescreen problems.

I do use SMS for email sync. Could be tied there.

Anybody know if the update solves this problem? Or anything that does?
    BC
    The "White Screen of Death" has visited me a few times in recent months. It generally has been caused by one of the programs I was involved in beta testing. The author of the program was advised of it and he made changes to it and it stopped. After more updates were made, the White Screen of Death revisited and once again, the author made adjustments.

I have used Bob's Alarm for several months and at one time, it suffered the White Screen of Death. Bob took care of it. The latest release of BA, v.2.24, there have been no problems with it at all. In addition, the program that was causing the White Screen of Death has bee updated and now it produces no White Screen of Death.

I also did the Sprint update a few days ago and had no problems with it. No White Screen of Death.

Program interaction, tweaking of programs, considering the Treo 600 is so different and frankly, Handspring has not given out information that it has been asked for by many developers, et cetera.

I would look at the program you were running at the time of the White Screen of Death striking and go from there. Also make sure there is sufficient main memory available, and so on.

Once again, my Treo 600 has been very stable for quite some time and when it does have any problems, it has always been attributed to one specific program and that author has each time been very responsive.

Ben

----------------

Originally posted by Rob600
    Holy smokes, my 600 (Sprint) started white screening about a week ago...I was thinking it was me alone. I've been waking up to it that way so I downgraded Bob's Alarm back to 2.06 to see if that fixes it. Nothing else major has changed. I -have- noticed something odd going on with SMS and treohelper though. I'm getting actual SMS messages when I get an email, but it's not consistently triggering Snapper.

-Rob
    Interesting indeed. I've had my t600 since Nov and no problem. Three days ago, Wednesday, it happened. I was responding to an email in my Iambic mail. I have Agendus Pro 7.45 and have has no problems with this dating back to my Kyo 6035. I reloaded Agendus and hope this will settle this one. BTW, I did the Sprint upgrade Friday. Minor problems but so far, so good just no SMS.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I just got the white screen as well with the new treo I just got (exchanged). I already updated it with updater. When I hit the home button from the SMS screen it'll lock up and turn white.
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    Try disabling Signature in the SMS application. It won't white-screen on you again. I had the same problem and that fixed it!
    Mine tends to white screen when it is bouncing back and forth in Roam, or when I am using a few different programs at one time. I notice it the most at home where I tend to roam a lot
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12