Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1.    #1  
    I've done numerous searches on how to set up wireless syncing, and everyone gives the same instructions

    Go into your HotSync program and click the options button. Click on Modem Sync Preferences. Make sure that "Network" is selected and hit OK. Also in the options click Primary PC Setup.
    First, I can only assume they mean the options menu, the only choices on this menu are conduit setup and connection setup, under connection setup there is no place to enter an IP address to sync to, or a Primary PC where I would enter the "!!." Is this a difference between the GSM and the CDMA treos or am I just a moron?
  2. #2  
    on my CDMA Treo, I have
    Options
    Modemsync Prefs
    LANSync Prefs
    Primary PC Setup
    Conduit Settings
    Connection Setup
    About HotSync

    Hotsync Version 5.0
    Pete
  3. #3  
    Here are the settings I use...

    Modem Sync Preferences (Network)
    LNSync Preferences (Local HotSync)
    Primary PC Setup
    Primary PC Name (!!)
    Primary PC Address (000.000.000.000 = Your PC's Internet IP Address, or the IP Address of your router on the WAN side)
    SubNet Mask (Leave Empty)

    Then you just choose modem HD and press the center of the screen. It is really slow, but if you are on vacation, it is a lifesaver!
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by PeteEMT
    on my CDMA Treo, I have
    Options
    Modemsync Prefs
    LANSync Prefs
    Primary PC Setup
    Conduit Settings
    Connection Setup
    About HotSync

    Hotsync Version 5.0
    Thats very odd, on my options menu, all I have is:

    Conduit Settings
    Connection Setup

    Mine is also HotSync Version 5.0

    I read about someone else who had a setup similar to me, very strange, any ideas anybody? I have hardware revision C
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by Tavisjohn
    Here are the settings I use...

    Modem Sync Preferences (Network)
    LNSync Preferences (Local HotSync)
    Primary PC Setup
    Primary PC Name (!!)
    Primary PC Address (000.000.000.000 = Your PC's Internet IP Address, or the IP Address of your router on the WAN side)
    SubNet Mask (Leave Empty)

    Then you just choose modem HD and press the center of the screen. It is really slow, but if you are on vacation, it is a lifesaver!
    Thanks!! As you said, slow but works fine.
    yep.
  6. #6  
    No problem. (I got it from someone else here... THought I'd pass the info along)
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
  7. #7  
    I thought Wireless HotSync only worked over a dial-up connection. I did not think it would be possible over GPRS or Vision connection. Are you guys getting it to work over the open Internet using these connections?

    Does a primary PC name of !! force it into a special mode?

    If so, it has to be pretty insecure doing so?
  8. #8  
    I have Sprint Cell and a perminant internet connection, these settings work fine.

    I have no idea why I have to use "!!" but it works...
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
  9. #9  
    I have it working using the settings everyone listed with my GSM treo via Cingular. I am connecting to my cable modem and going through a wireless router to hit my system.

    -David
  10.    #10  
    So am I the only person who has just 3 options in the options menu? Seems hard to believe... All I see is Conduit Setup, Connection Setup and About HotSync. Anybody else in my boat? Here let me take a picture and attach it...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  11. #11  
    Try a soft reset. (Poke the reset button on the back and do not push any other buttons till it re-boots all the way.) That should fix it.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
  12.    #12  
    Well a soft reset didn't work, but a hard reset did, thanks!! Unfortionately when I restore my data from the card I go back to the old version again, anyone have any idea how to restore the HotSync prefs and app from the ROM without doing a complete hard reset? Is there something I can delete using filez?

    One last question, when doing a battery disconnect reset, do you have to reprovision your phone? I imagine not, but just curious.
    Last edited by rgreene07; 01/25/2004 at 03:27 PM.
  13. #13  
    yea rgreene I have the same exact problem u do...tried the soft reset with no luck and then a hard then the option settings r back....but doing a restore reverts the "limited" settings again...
  14. #14  
    Are you guys using any type of firewall on your PCs? I've tried setting up syncing with my firewall, but have been COMPLETELY unable to determine which ports are used for hotsyncing. Does anyone have any idea which port is used for syncing?

    If you guys aren't using one, well I don't have to tell you that you should be.

    Also, consider that syncing raw (without VPN) sends your data unencrypted across the web. That's alot of info depending on what your sending.
  15. #15  
    open or forward port 14238 to your synching pc.

    I followed the directions above and got it to work!
    Took about 10 minutes to sync though!

    Treo 600 sprint
    Linksys 4 port cable router

    Also got Palm VNC working. Pretty slick to be able to
    see/control your desktop from anywhere!

    Good luck
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
  16.    #16  
    Originally posted by Speedracer
    yea rgreene I have the same exact problem u do...tried the soft reset with no luck and then a hard then the option settings r back....but doing a restore reverts the "limited" settings again...
    Out of curiosity, did you upgrade from an older palm? I had a palm IIIx a long time ago, and apparently some of the data was still on my computer, as some of it got loaded onto my new treo 600. I'm thinking this may have something to do with it.
  17. #17  
    Originally posted by car_designer
    open or forward port 14238 to your synching pc.

    I followed the directions above and got it to work!
    Took about 10 minutes to sync though!

    Treo 600 sprint
    Linksys 4 port cable router

    Also got Palm VNC working. Pretty slick to be able to
    see/control your desktop from anywhere!

    Good luck
    Thanks a bunch, car!

    She went right through, no problems. Where did you find this info? I looked eveywhere with no luck.
  18. #18  
    Does anyone know how to disable Outlook 2003's "Allow Access" feature?

    When I sync, Outlook asks if I'd like to allow access for a limited time (1, 5, 10 minutes). Therefore, I can only sync when I'm actually home, which isn't too useful.

    I checked Outlook 2003 Help, which is equally useless.

    Any thoughts?
  19. #19  
    Originally posted by ToeCutter
    Does anyone know how to disable Outlook 2003's "Allow Access" feature?

    When I sync, Outlook asks if I'd like to allow access for a limited time (1, 5, 10 minutes). Therefore, I can only sync when I'm actually home, which isn't too useful.

    I checked Outlook 2003 Help, which is equally useless.

    Any thoughts?
    If you are using PM, go get your update at Pocket Mirror's web site to stop that annoying pop up.

    http://www.chapura.com/free_downloads.php
    yep.
  20. #20  
    Originally posted by krock


    If you are using PM, go get your update at Pocket Mirror's web site to stop that annoying pop up.

    http://www.chapura.com/free_downloads.php
    Man, you guys are on it tonight!

    Thanks for the tip, Krock!

    Works like a charm.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions