Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just wondering?
    Does this add to the data usage counter?
    Originally posted by car_designer
    open or forward port 14238 to your synching pc.

I followed the directions above and got it to work!
    Took about 10 minutes to sync though!

Treo 600 sprint
    Linksys 4 port cable router

Also got Palm VNC working. Pretty slick to be able to
    see/control your desktop from anywhere!

Good luck

This is likely a dumb question, but knowing very little about the function of the router, how does one go about doing what you have described above?

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    The problem with only a few options showing up in hotsync is due to old files from an older palm device. If you remove the old hotsync file it should work. To find more information, search this forum, it's already been discussed.
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Tavisjohn, I'm trying to set up my Sprint T6 to wireless sync with my machine running XP Home, which is connected directly to a DSL modem.

When I do ipconfig, I have get back 2 ip addresses, one for the PPP connector and one for the ethernet port. I've tried both IP addresses in the "Primary PC Setup", but I can't get it to work.

I also tried it with a D-Link router/hub between the DSL modem and the PC, but I couldn't get that to work either, mostly because I can't figure out what the IP address is for the router.

Any suggestions?
    Originally posted by jg70124
    Tavisjohn, I'm trying to set up my Sprint T6 to wireless sync with my machine running XP Home, which is connected directly to a DSL modem.

When I do ipconfig, I have get back 2 ip addresses, one for the PPP connector and one for the ethernet port. I've tried both IP addresses in the "Primary PC Setup", but I can't get it to work.

I also tried it with a D-Link router/hub between the DSL modem and the PC, but I couldn't get that to work either, mostly because I can't figure out what the IP address is for the router.

Any suggestions?
    I can't get the wireless sync to work yet. But, here's a site that tells you your IP. I'm sure there's another way, but this works just fine. www.dslreports.com/whois
    Last edited by breckbone; 02/18/2004 at 01:19 AM.
    Originally posted by jg70124

Any suggestions?
    The router will tell you the IP port of the LAN connection. Every router calles it something different. Some high speed ISP's assign a different IP address every time you re-connect to them. Some assign you a fixed IP. So even if you get it to work now, next week it may not work. You may need to ask your ISP if you have a fixed IP address, or a Dynamic IP address. If it is fixed, then you have no worries.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12