Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I found a nice slip case made by Wenger, maker of Swiss Army knives. IMO it's almost a perfect fit. It's kinda pricey for a slip case ($29.99 at Staples) but with the craftsmanship it's worth every penny.

Here are the features:

- All leather except for the red elastic accents on the sides.

- Inside lined with soft cloth.

- Magnetic closure that clicks into place.

- Volume access.

- Closure tab is leather that flexes in and out of the slit on the back (see picture of backside).

- Should work with egrips because the sides are nylon elastic as opposed to rubber that tend to stick to the egrips.

- Swivel clip included.

All in all, a beautiful case, worth a look.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    Front
  3.    #3  
    Side
    Nice fit top to bottom and side to side, but looks like the case is too thick and doesn't hold the Treo snugly. ??
  5.    #5  
    It's actually pretty snug. You can open the top and hold it upside down w/o it falling out.
    Could you try opening a blank memo and putting the phone in the case and see what keys are being pressed?

Thanks, it would really help me make a decision on buying this case.

GM
  7.    #7  
    Gerryoil,
    Why didn't I think of that test? Great Idea.

Did the test and the result is Nothing. On a blank memo screen with the cursor flashing I put the phone in and took it out. Repeated the process 2 more times and nothing happened not even a space.

Before posting I actually called myself to see if it auto answers and it didn't.

I'm pretty confident that this case will not auto answer
    Originally posted by treosome
    Gerryoil,
    Why didn't I think of that test? Great Idea.

Did the test and the result is Nothing. On a blank memo screen with the cursor flashing I put the phone in and took it out. Repeated the process 2 more times and nothing happened not even a space.

Before posting I actually called myself to see if it auto answers and it didn't.

I'm pretty confident that this case will not auto answer
    Thanks for doing the test. You wouldn't have cat# or a link for the staples site would you?

(BTW, not my idea for test, someone else get the credit for that one )
  9.    #9  
    I couldn't find it on staples.com but here's the link to the manufacturer: http://www.wengerna.com/wenger/images/cat16.jpg
    Originally posted by gerryoil
    (BTW, not my idea for test, someone else get the credit for that one )
    <ahem>

LOL!
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I just took a look at my local Staples and their are 3 sizes for this case - small, medium and large. Which size did you get?
  12.    #12  
    I bought the large, but I think a medium might fit as well seeing as that the width is the same.
    Hey Treosome,
    You said

Closure tab is leather that flexes in and out of the slit on the back (see picture of backside).
    If it also is secured by magnet in the front, does that mean the entire tab is removable? If so, is it attached well enough that it wouldn't come off unless you really wanted it to?

And has anyone found a place to purchase one online? We don't have Staples here, and neither the local Office Max or Depot had any.

eKennedy

ps The classic case test has always been to fire up DiddleBug or BugMe and toss it around while in the case to test pressure on the screen.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    tresome - Can you tell me if the large case has white stitching? I couldnt see it in your pics. The one at my Staples had white stitching on the large model and I did not care for it. I may try the medium case as it was all black with the red trim you mentioned.
    Originally posted by eKennedy
    Hey Treosome,
    You said

If it also is secured by magnet in the front, does that mean the entire tab is removable? If so, is it attached well enough that it wouldn't come off unless you really wanted it to?
    I wouldn't use any case with a swivel clip without a strap holding the Treo in. I made a swivel case out of the cheap slip case included with the Sprint T600, and ended up droping it on the floor when it got caught up in my coat.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I picked up the medium Wenger case and it is too small. I will have to return it tomorrow. Anyone wanting this case should go for the large one.
    I wouldn't use any case with a swivel clip without a strap holding the Treo in. I made a swivel case out of the cheap slip case included with the Sprint T600, and ended up droping it on the floor when it got caught up in my coat.

You should try egrips. I can barely get my t600 out of the slip case with them installed.
  18.    #18  
    Originally posted by eKennedy
    Hey Treosome,
    You said

And has anyone found a place to purchase one online? We don't have Staples here, and neither the local Office Max or Depot had any.

eKennedy

You can call Staples directly and ask for the item. I don't think it's on their site yet b/c it's so new. BTW, correction to what I said earlier, medium it turns out is too short. The large is the way to go.
    Treosome,
    How about the removable tab question? How easy is it for that tab to come off entirely?

Thanks,
    eKennedy
    Originally posted by RayKris

You should try egrips. I can barely get my t600 out of the slip case with them installed.
    Actually, I'd rather have it easy to get out of the case when I want to take it out. And that, I think, requires some sort of strap to hold it in when I DON'T want it to come out. But I am considering egrips just for holding it more securely.

Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast