Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As Sprints SMS is beginning to work (incoming only), I have had my phone reset by itself while receiving SMS msgs. Not a huge deal, but seems to happen often in my limited testing. Curious if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.
    I have not gotten much of any reset but all my messages are now coming through.."Email Gateway". Anyone get an idea if what that is?.....The start of SMS?.....I'm in Chicago

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    My treo has been resetting all day on incoming sms. It has also been resetting upon pressing/activating the send button when trying to reply to a received email. This is very frustrating because on each soft reset some settings the phone revert to default. This ignores the fact that I have been watching the phone show the palm screen all day, extremely frustrating.

MaZe
    I have been having this problem as well. I actually got a replacement for my phone thinking that it was a hardware issue. It seems that the Handspring Phone application is having a fatal exception error (found on the handspring debug logs). I didn't find a fix as yet. However, to avoid these crashes I found deleteing chat threads and not choosing "Go To Message" helps.
    Same here. It resets on me in different ways though. Sometime it resets when I press "OK" or "Goto", but not all the time... It does it no matter what app I'm using.

This really sucks! Very annoying!
    Crappola. happening with me too. wtf?!?
    It's happening to me to. But I thought it was related to the Chatter beta's I've been running. Glad to hear it's sprint's fault.
    Happening to me too...but only when I receive a telephone call from a certain number. Instead of ringing it just resets itself...and worst of all it doesn't restart the wireless services...so I am down until I realize it.

<><
    mykul
    My resets have occured but seldom. MY problem is the "search network" and frozen screen issues. Went by a Sprint store alittle while ago. My replecement will arrive sometime early next week.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Good grief - I KNEW I should have come here before I did a hard reset. I thought it was related to something I loaded... For me - this is most noticeable when using Verichat. If the app is in the background and I get the SMS "chat" message, when I click the "chat" button, it soft resets. Ridiculous.
    I don't have Verichat and it still crashes on me. Now it's crashing as soon as I receive a SMS. It doesn't even get a chance to play the SMS alert or turn itself on. The first screen I see when I receive a SMS is the Palm Logo screen when it resets! This sucks!

I knew Sprint was bad but man... I never thought they could reach out and screw up my phone too! Same old Sprint...
    Originally posted by ksmith80209
    Good grief - I KNEW I should have come here before I did a hard reset. I thought it was related to something I loaded... For me - this is most noticeable when using Verichat. If the app is in the background and I get the SMS "chat" message, when I click the "chat" button, it soft resets. Ridiculous.

LOL!!! I feel ya Smith!!!! I feel ya!!! I almost fell into the same trap and did a hard reset myself! At first me and a buddy that it was an app we recently installed, then we thought it might be something else. Finally we began to realize that it only happened will we received a msg outside of the VeriChat app and not while we were still in it. I came home and comfirmed my theory with my wife's AIM account.

I can't WAIT until Sprint gets this all situated once more!
    J
    Is Sprint aware of it? Is there an insider out there that will tell them about the problem?
    If compalints only reach their CSRs, it will never get fixed...
    Dominique
    Anyone getting resets who does _not_ have treo600sms from pdaapss installed? I am getting resets and wonder if there is maybe a relation to the 3rd party application.
    I am disabling it now to see if anything changes.... I can't make it happen yet with verichat or via emailed sms, we'll see.
    Originally posted by dbouchon
    Is Sprint aware of it? Is there an insider out there that will tell them about the problem?
    If compalints only reach their CSRs, it will never get fixed...
    I copied this directly from Sprints Text Messaging page:

"The Text Messaging website is unavailable while we upgrade your text messaging service. We apologize for the inconvenience.

During the upgrade period ending February 3rd, you may send messages from the One-Way Text Messaging website. You may also continue to send Short Mail from any data-capable PCS Phone.

Return to My PCS.
    "

http://messaging.sprintpcs.com/splas...available.html

J
    Originally posted by pfelipe
    Anyone getting resets who does _not_ have treo600sms from pdaapss installed? I am getting resets and wonder if there is maybe a relation to the 3rd party application.
    I am disabling it now to see if anything changes.... I can't make it happen yet with verichat or via emailed sms, we'll see.
    Please let us know what you find out... I was thinking that after Sprint is done messing around we may not need Treo600SMS anymore.
    J
    Yes, I have been getting resets without having TreoSMS from PDAapps installed.
    After a couple of frustrating hours trying to delete/disable various third-party Apps, I think I have narrowed it down to to receiving phone-calls from one particular phone number, which was also set in my Speed-Dial numbers. After deleting that particular Speed-Dial item from Favorites the resets have stopped.
    All very weird.
    Has anyone else had this happen to them?
    I hard-reset my Treo and tested it out. It still resets like it did before. Either I get the message and it resets when I press one of the buttons... or resets as soon as my Treo receives a SMS.

I installed nothing after the hard-reset and had my friends send me test SMS and it would do the reset thing like it did before! This sucks! Sprint sucks!

On hold with level 2 tech at Sprint... I doubt they'll have answers...

I'll update once I get off the phone with them...

UPDATE: As expected... they have no answers... same old Sprint...
    Last edited by paqmaster; 01/22/2004 at 07:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    YES! I'm having this problem and I DO NOT have Treo600sms installed. It just started happening today, and here's the rub: when I get an SMS from someone, an alert box pops up saying "New text message..." etc, etc. One of the options at the bottom of the box is "Go To."
    When I choose this option, it soft resets. If I just click "Done," then there's no problem.
    I need to do more research to see if there's any other conditions under which this happens.
    Happening to me also. I have gone 3 weeks without a soft or hard reset. Today, my Treo did a soft reset twice. I am not running SMS600.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast