Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    My SMS appears to be working as well I sent a test message to my e-mail address and it sent. I sent a reply back to my phone from my e-mail and it came in! With no hard reset! I am in the ATL by the way (ATL=Atlanta)
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    That's what I've been waiting to hear! I'm glad that someone who had resets with one-way SMS is not getting them when it goes to two way.
    Interesting. The resets have stopped today. But I'm not getting my hopes up! They've stopped before and then started up again! I'll believe it when I see 2 way SMS chat windows popping up for a week or 2 straight!
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    It looks like SMS from "Email Gateways" come through with no problem. But whenI receive a "True" SMS it resets. I think this is from the corrupt data that is sent with each "true" SMS. This is what the patch sprint will offer will correct.

Getting close.....75% there!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    hum ... true SMS from another Sprint Treo 600 works jsut fine for me, in NYC.
    Dominique
    Mine resets when after returning back to the SMS app after doing a "Lookup in Contacts".
    I get occasional resets and SMS has been working 2-way here for about a week now. I do not use any of the chat apps though.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    In Nyc area (subburbs of Long Island) and after just attempting to send an SMS to another Treo user friend is VA, got the 'not ready yet' message. I guess I'm still in a holding pattern to turn my sms apps back on... Oh well.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    The scheduled release date of the software update to fix the Treo 600 reset problem is January 31, 2004.

New Software Version: 1.1 Build 318 / Firmware 1.0

Additional note: ROM 158 / Firmware 1.21 is currently available on Handspring's website.

Click here to download the Treo 600 updater from Handspring.
    Last edited by DSDxp; 01/27/2004 at 01:01 PM.
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    Where do i get the firmware update at? I got the updater installed and it correct the SMS issue but I do not see the firmware update you mentioned.
    Last edited by blondegoalie; 01/27/2004 at 02:19 PM.
    Originally posted by DSDxp
    The scheduled release date of the software update to fix the Treo 600 reset problem is January 31, 2004.

Additional note: ROM 158 / Firmware 1.21 is currently available on Handspring's website.

So does this updater fix the issue or it doesn't? If it does then what is the January 31 patch for?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    it fixed the issue for me.
    SMS no longer crashes Treo. Could be happier when they enable the sending part of SMS.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Fixed it for me too. Now if I could get Blazer to work without using a proxy I could take my Treo off my sh!tlist.
    Call me ignorant, but I thought Blazer no longer used a proxy. Am I missing something?
    <strong>Patrick</strong><br>Palm Pilot Professional -> Palm IIIc -> Samsung i300 (Sprint) -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Cingular) -> Treo 750 (Cingular)
    ME TOO!!! Thank god I came here and read that its happening to half the world as well not only mee. I was going crazy. Everytime I press on go to when I receive picture mail, text, sms, etc. It resets.
    Originally posted by turnepf
    Call me ignorant, but I thought Blazer no longer used a proxy. Am I missing something?
    That's what I thought, but some people are hinting otherwise.
    Originally posted by DSDxp

OK, what about Mac users... I've never even owned a PC...
    Originally posted by Kiar Olson

OK, what about Mac users... I've never even owned a PC...
    Hey K, check out the other thread at this link. Hope this helps! And be sure to backup your device. I have tips and tricks on that thread as well...I recommend reading the helpful comments. If you need further assistance, just holler.

I have Virtual PC (pains me to admit it, only to check sites I design to make sure they display properly) and was thinking about the same thing. Damn it Jim...

Oh well... maybe I'll give it a try later this week...
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast