Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks DSDxp. It is really nice of you to post the info.

Please keep us posted, particularly when the updat epatch becomes available. Thanks!
    Dominique
    Can someone please answer my questions that I asked earlier....

Are your emoticons working now and if so, did they not in the past?

Also, after a soft reset, what error are you getting? Invalid Chunk Error?

Little help please..

TIA, Matt

If someone did answer them, I didn't see them, sorry.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    A device software fix and a network patch fix is supposed to be available in approximately two weeks. Upon approval and release, this will be available on both Sprint and Handspring web sites for user download.
    You're the man!!

Can someone please answer my questions that I asked earlier....

Are your emoticons working now and if so, did they not in the past?

Also, after a soft reset, what error are you getting? Invalid Chunk Error?

Little help please..

TIA, Matt
    Not sure about the emoticons, but yes I get the same error stack as you when dialing ##377.
    "MemoryMgr.c, Line 3760, invalid chunk ptr"
    Minsc

THANK YOU!!!
    Originally posted by dbouchon
    Thanks DSDxp. It is really nice of you to post the info.

Please keep us posted, particularly when the update patch becomes available. Thanks!
    My sentiments exactly! Thank you DSDxp!
    I look forward to your further postings.
    J
    Originally posted by DSDxp
    A device software fix and a network patch fix is supposed to be available in approximately two weeks. Upon approval and release, this will be available on both Sprint and Handspring web sites for user download.
    Aah yess... a Sprint Rep interacting with their fellow customers in these forums, providing answers and updates. Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' bout!!

Thanks, DSDxp! We need more Reps like you in TreoCentral! Definitely makes our Sprint lives easier.

Keep us posted!
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Hey, no problem guys. I'll keep everyone posted...
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    My SMS just started to reset my phone w/ the same error. Obviously Sprint changed something in the network that Handspring didn't plan on (hopefully an improvement rather than going backward). The patch is probably to recognize a new command/protocol? Let us know anything you find out about this DSDxp. My Treo would also reset if I switched to a different app after closing the SMS message. Didn't see anyone post about that yet, so figured I'd share.
    Ok, here's the latest. I believe I have a better understanding of what may be causing this issue now. I've tested several theories, and have come to a conclusion. I definitely feel that there is a software BUG that is causing the reboot, due to corrupt data being sent through the voice packet. I am basing this on the fact that corrupt data seems to be the consistent factor in all of my reboots that I have experienced, such as the web browser reboot caused by a corrupt url auto-fill file. Once deleted, problem solved. Also, keep in mind that once these mysterious SMS messages cause a reboot of the device, you can go back into that message and read it without resulting in another reboot. This would stand to reason that the reboot is resulting in a truncation of bad data bits, or corrupt chunks. Plus as the service is being launched, there is a high likelihood that the stream isn't clean. I've noticed in the past 3 hours, that I have not had ANY more reboots when receiving SMS messages. And believe me, I have sent myself a ton of them, both this morning and this afternoon. In the morning, I got multiple reboots, and now none. I have even received messages from others which result in normal activity. Perhaps the real problem is the way that the SOFTWARE handles corrupt data. (i.e. Handspring)
    i'm having issues with chatter which is installed on my sd card but when i switch to phone or some other application my phone does a soft reset. i am not using the same screen name on my computer at the same time..anyone else having this problem? i'm on sprint btw
    What is amazing here is it seems Sprint has apparently upgraded / changed the SMS infrastructure and in doing so has busted a lot of SMS related apps all over the place on the 600. It seems whatever they have changed may have exposed a problem with the 600's handling the SMS payload differently.

It would seem more pressure needs to be put on Sprint to pull these changes back out that are obviously causing extremely fatal conditions until the right patches can be tested and verified. In particular it seems they need to test it out with their own set of applications that they support and offer. Read on....

Handspring Treo 600, Reset with Notifications, Mail and Messages (01/23/04). We have been receiving many reports of the Treo 600 resetting after receiving and/or attempting to act upon: (1) SMS messages, (2) BC push notifications, (3) Picture Mail, and (4) GoodLink messages.

Status: This is a known issue that SEBU is working with Handspring and Network to provide a fix.

Resolution: SEBU is pursuing both a device software fix and a network patch fix. We anticipate the device software fix to be available in approximately two weeks. Upon approval and release, this will be available on both Sprint and Handspring web sites for user download. Although we do not have an ETA on the network patch, we are investigating and anticipate a fix very soon.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    raynmansf

What was it you did step by step to stop the rebooting?
    In your txt I donít understand the steps to take.

Thanks for you efforts
    Which problem are you referring to? I didn't have to do anything to make SMS related resets stop...they just STOPPED. I believe that the data bits are not being received as corrupt now. Perhaps Sprint is getting the kinks worked out. If you are referring to the web-url related reset, check out this link for more information.

Good Luck. I'll keep you all posted if my status with resets changes. But I'm also curious if anyone else has experienced a STOP in the SMS related resets...please post!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I know a lot of people are saying that the SMS reset problem is related to the SMS rollout, but I wonder if the damage done is somewhat fatal and permenent. I just received a reset with the early stages of an SMS send attempt. Specifically, I went to send an SMS from the stock SMS program, I navigated to the dropdown arrow to look up the recpient's phone number in my contact list. When I pressed the center button on the 5 way to get to my contact list, my phone reset. This time I hadn't even attempted to actually send a message I was just within the program and, I hadn't even received an SMS in while and I wasn't responding to one! Any thoughts on this one?

MaZe
    basically, I think you have a completely different issue going on. I believe you have a corrupt preference file for your SMS app. I recommend getting FileZ and deleting the SMS preference files and deleting them from your PC backup as well, otherwise it'll just put the corrupt files back on. This should fix it. Keep in mind MOST of the intermittent reset issues are corrupt data related. Which is precisely why I believe the MO-SMS related reset is caused by corrupt SMS data bits. An unclean file may not be handled correctly on the device by the software.
    This morning, I started to get "Email Gateway" in place of "Unknown" on the SMS that I recieve. Still can't send w/o Treo600SMS. Getting closer. Funny, from my email is says "email gateway" fom an alert from Sprint that I have PCS mail is just "Unkown" "check your PCSmail" and it no longer says "Unkown" "and the persons email addy". Funny that Sprint can't yet tell it's sprint//LOL

I am getting no phone softresets now that I don't leave the Treo on the SMS app. I notices a bunch yesterday and when I check ##377, it always said SMS caused it..
    I'm using Treo600SMS and, as of a few days ago, text messages I send from my phone are not being received. I even tried to send text messages to myself to no avail. I am able to receive message without a problem. Anyone else having this problem?
    Originally posted by wayne_b
    I'm using Treo600SMS and, as of a few days ago, text messages I send from my phone are not being received. I even tried to send text messages to myself to no avail. I am able to receive message without a problem. Anyone else having this problem?
    I think the fact that TreoSMS may not work, is a known problem.

During this period of Sprints rollout (read as: getting their act together), sending or getting SMS problems are to be expected for some.
    Pete
    Glad to see I'm not the only person with this problem. Still frustrating tho.........
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    well. seems the invalid data chunks are back. again, this is somewhat expected during rollout. I get resets with EVERY incoming SMS though. Ugh! Only another few days hopefully till full rollout. however I have a feeling that we may have intermittent reset issues from SMS until the software gets changed to handle corrupt data properly.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast