Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Here are some more findings.......

I have tried some test SMS's and I have been receiving the same bundle of soft resets as everyone else with or without Treo600SMS enabled.

But....................

no test is repeating it's self????? I am getting different results every time. With Treo600SMS enabled or disabled I get automitic soft resets, Soft resets when I hit the "go to" key, and somtimes the SMS comes in as normal!

All I know is that this sucks! We are missing notifications/ calls when the wirless mode goes off after a soft reset! and unless you are constantly looking at your phone you will not know your phone did a soft reset!

I suggest you all get one of the programs that turns "Wireless Mode" on after a reset ie Treo Butler, Treo tools, radio control etc.

I smell some $50 service credits coming my way!!!!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Guys and Gals,

I apologize if I am setting a "sterotype". That is truely not my inttention.

However, I still stand on the fact that this is not a Handspring issue. I believe that once Sprint resolves whatever, whichever app. whoever is using for text messaging (lets not name app names) will operate normally.
    Last edited by dpwaters; 01/23/2004 at 06:53 PM.
    I just hope Sprint fixes this quick. This is extremely annoying. I use Verichat constantly, which means, my treo is resetting constantly. Anyone have better luck with Chatter or QuickChat, or do they experience the same thing?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Mine is soft reseting when trying to send a file. Verichat is working for me without a problem. I don't know if this is actually a problem with the Sprint Network and their new SMS service but in Nashville I am not experiencing these numerous reboots
    snip:

try leaving your own number in the reply too box from sprint's site. that's when mine crashes. just curious since you're in Dallas and I am too. Mine still crashed with a completely clean treo.

Indeed -when I put in my own number as the 'callback' number on the SprintPCS send-a-text-msg site, and after the SMS arrives at my 600, and I hit 'GoTo', I got a dreaded soft reset.

hmmmmm

I've had no other issues, though, and I've been using the heck outta Verichat today....
    sorry for the spelling mistakes such as attention instead of intentions. i'm typing while working on a unix server that crashed.
    Originally posted by dpwaters
    Guys and Gals,

I apologize if I'm am setting a "sterotype". That is truely not my attention.

However, I still stand on the fact that this is not a Handspring issue. I believe that once Sprint resolves whatever, whichever app. whoever is using for text messaging (lets not name app names) will operate normally.
    Dpwaters is right ya'll. I'm sure he didn't mean to stereotype anyone, nor ruffle any feathers, but we all must admit something... This entire thread was not created until after Sprint began their sms upgrade. Regardless of what apps we have or do not have installed, it seems like we all are having symptoms of sms related resets. Do we not?!

Since this issue for most of us just arouse, I don't think this is a Handspring issue...unless they created a time-released bug? A lot of us have owned our Treos for days, weeks, and perhaps months before this issue occured. So why now? Sprint, that's why! I see this as the biggest commonality in this entire thread.

I would really like to hear from folks who have contacted Sprint support regarding this issue. What was Sprints response? If they were sent a new (or refurbished) phone, did the problems disappear? For those of us who haven't contacted Sprint yet, I challenge us to do so! Let's let them know that something just ain't right!
    J
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Guys and Gals,

I apologize if I'm am setting a "sterotype". That is truely not my attention.

No worries. Personally I think the jury is still out on whether this is Sprint's fault or Handspring's, but for now I'm blaming Sprint until they can prove otherwise.
    I talked to a Sprint vision tech. told him about my and everyone elses problems with this. He researched and said it is a known problem that they have been working on for a couple of days. He said since sms roll-out weird problems have been occuring with a number of the phones. He asked for my patience as they try to work out the kinks. With my limited knowledge it seems like a problem with the phone. I did a hard reset and with no software or info on the phone the reset bug was still there.
    Okay - so I contacted PDA Apps about the issue and they responded back (rather quickly, actually) that the changes Sprint has made to SMS is causing the PDA Apps software that relies on SMS (I make that to be Verichat, TreoSMS, and TreoAlertMgr) to crash. They also stated that they are working the issue right now to get it resolved and will send out an email when the issue is corrected.

So - I guess we are all correct. It IS a Verichat/TreoSMS issue and ALSO a Sprint SMS issue.
    Got off the horn with the powers that be at Sprint Vision support. After explaining 3 times the difference between SMS and Short Mail I got a OH yeah... We know about that problem. That's all she would say. No estimates, no telling me what they are doing or what is causing it. Just... "Yup we know about that, anything else I can help with?"
    this is problem with the phone. It happens with no 3rd party apps. It happens after a hard reset BEFORE backup is restored. In other words on a virgin treo out of the box
    Originally posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t46298/s.html

Got email from the PDAAPPS folks...They are aware of the issues about SMS. They stated that since SPrint has changed their way of messaging. TPDAAPPS has to change also.

Another tid bit...If you have Treo300/600sms and you wanna text yourself, you must add the extention (#######@Sprintpcs.com).
    Only after I did this, I was able to finally get my own messages back. Try sending a text message to another cell phone using their carrier's extension .You still have to keep Treo300/600SMS installed to send until Sprint fully releases MO-SMS.

IGO
    I came across this interesting quote (above) and link (below) in a SMS - Sprint thread in the Communications section:
    http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com/modules...rticle&sid=337

_____
    Originally posted by Minsc

No worries. Personally I think the jury is still out on whether this is Sprint's fault or Handspring's, but for now I'm blaming Sprint until they can prove otherwise.
    I agree Minsc, no worries. Especially since you repeating a finding on Page 2 of the thread that I had already stated on Page 1 of the thread, almost word for word too. Everything is cool though.

_____
    Lastly, thank you all who have contacted Sprint (and other vendors) and are sharing your experiences with them, with us. I know I appreciate it... Even if it looks like we all are just going to have to wait it out.
    J
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Just so everyone knows, I'm a TSR (technical service rep) at Sprint and I can submit issues directly to the team who works with PalmOne on software / hardware issues.

Also, just to make it clear, the first three test markets to launch SMS are Kansas City, Columbus, and Columbia (Missouri). It is also stated that "While the service is in soft-launch testing state, there could be some questions of customers or changes in the user experience until the service is fully launched, especially since Short Mail is still accessible on the two-way SMS phones."

Hope that helps...
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    Well, I'm in Miami, and I get the constant resets upon receiving SMS messages, no matter what I do.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I agree Minsc, no worries. Especially since you repeating a finding on Page 2 of the thread that I had already stated on Page 1 of the thread, almost word for word too. Everything is cool though.

Sorry man, I realized that later but I was so excited to get my post in that I didn't read the preceding ones clearly enough. And here I thought I discovered something new! Oh well.
    Originally posted by Minsc

Sorry man, I realized that later but I was so excited to get my post in that I didn't read the preceding ones clearly enough. And here I thought I discovered something new! Oh well.
    LOL!!! I feel ya man! Have a good weekend!
    J
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    A device software fix and a network patch fix is supposed to be available in approximately two weeks. Upon approval and release, this will be available on both Sprint and Handspring web sites for user download.
    Last edited by DSDxp; 01/23/2004 at 04:17 PM.
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    Glad to see that it's all coming out in the open. Sprint................need not say any more.

We will all be glad when this is over.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Damn I love this site!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast