Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Hmmm, here's something interesting I found while logged into Sprint's website in the "text messaging" area:

"The Text Messaging website is unavailable while we upgrade your text messaging service. We apologize for the inconvenience.

During the upgrade period ending February 3rd, you may send messages from
    the One-Way Text Messaging website. You may also continue to send Short Mail from any data-capable PCS Phone."

This must be due to the arrival of real MO-SMS. I guess I won't worry too much about the soft resets as it's probably related to the upgrade.
    I was just about to say I received a message without soft resetting, and then i pressed GO TO and BAM! Soft erset. This s ux!!! Should be better by rollout though!!
    Treoseur
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I seriously doubt that a server upgrade on Sprinnts end would effect the hardware on our end in anyway. Especially a soft reset issue. it seems pretty obvious that the treo does not handle incoming CDMA sms messages well. I am not sure if it is a software issue or a software conflict. One thing remains obvious, this is a wide spread problem that's is etremely frustrating and must be corrected. I feel that the phone is seriously flawed if this continues and is not corrected. So much so that I feel that the phone is unuseable if it consistently and constantly resets, therefore shutting wireless mode off, and leaving you with a regular palm pilot.

MaZe
    I just received a message while on a call. Makes me sure this is not a vision based product and that it is real MO-SMS. Hope it works!!! Tried to hit go to while on the call and still got a soft reset.
    Treoseur
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I seriously doubt that a server upgrade on Sprinnts end would effect the hardware on our end in anyway. Especially a soft reset issue. it seems pretty obvious that the treo does not handle incoming CDMA sms messages well. I am not sure if it is a software issue or a software conflict. One thing remains obvious, this is a wide spread problem that's is etremely frustrating and must be corrected. I feel that the phone is seriously flawed if this continues and is not corrected. So much so that I feel that the phone is unuseable if it consistently and constantly resets, therefore shutting wireless mode off, and leaving you with a regular palm pilot.
    I share your concerns. It seems that this may very well be a problem on the Treo's end, rather than Sprint's.
    Fortunately, (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) it's probably happening to everyone who has a Sprint Treo600. This should mean that if it's a bug with the device, then hopefully it will get fixed.

Should we be contacting Sprint and/or Handspring support, or should we wait this out for a few weeks to see if it resolves itself?
    I was getting soft resets when pressing go to after every SMS too. But the last few I've gotten have not resulted in a reset. Has it stopped for anyone else? I hope the lack of resetting isn't just a fluke.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    WOW.. Check this out..

<myname> : This is a MIME-encapsulated message
    --i0N36TUl015004.1074827189/he1.verichat.com
    The original message was received at Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:06:23 -0500
    from localhost.verichat.com [127.0.0.1]
    ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

(reason: 550 Error: Message content rejected)
    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
    ... while talking to mx.messaging.sprintpcs.com.:
    >>> DATA

Received: from he1.verichat.com (localhost.verichat.com [127.0.0.1])

Not a crash.... and i got some SMSes thru

This is quite odd...
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I got one too when I first deactivated treo600sms. I would guess this is something that palmOne may have to patch, but I think ultimately you have to look to Sprint's slowness for fault b/c how can palmOne test against an interface that does not exist?
    Bok
    I do not get soft resets when pressing "go to" upon recieving an SMS message. I don't have verichat or treo600sms installed. I just tested it by sending a message to the phone, hit go to, and the message came up. No soft reset. I can't recall ever getting soft resets doing this.
    Mine resets most of the time using Verichat (starting today). And I found something weird.. if I'm logged into AIM.. no problem. If I then log into Yahoo and hit home it resets.
    Mine has been resetting for about 2 weeks now when I try to type anything more than 2 characters past "www." in blazer when pressing the WWW button at the bottom. I have sort of figured a temporary workaround, by entering the address into a google search and then clicking on the link, but this doesn't work unless I'm going to the home page of a site. Anyone else having this problem and know how to fix it? I do not have TreoSMS installed. Thanks.
    I'm getting resets on about 50% of my SMS's, but only if I'm not already in the SMS chat thread.

The strange thing is I'm using a Orange UK GSM phone. Any other GSM users having this problem?

I didn't notice it until I upgraded to the latest firmware, my guess is it's something to do with v1.01 of the SMS app.
    I noticed that I had a few resets when I pressed the SMS mapped button (which I remapped to another app). So it may not be SMS but the actual 3rd button causing the problem.

Also, I think I traced my reset problem to Graffiti Anywhere. I disabled it and no problem with resets since.
    I don't know about y'all, but here in Austin, Texas I think they are trying to roll out the Mo-SMS.
    My emoticons work now, but I am getting resets with the SMS app.

Hit ##377 Dial.
    Are you getting
    Invalid Chunk ptr Memory Mgr.C Line 3760- Errors?
    I assume these are growing pains from the upcoming Mo-SMS. They should be ironed out soon, I hope.....
    You know. I am shocked at some of the comments in this thread concerning the soft resets caused by sms. "it's a problem with Handspring's hardware"........LOL !!

How long have these folks owned their Treo 600 or any pda device?

Like they put some bug in their code that on this certain day, all of the Treo 600's will start resetting themselves because the folks at Palm One are so bored that they needed the flux of calls.

However it's funny that these problems started when Sprint decided to upgrade whatever they are upgrading. But why blame Sprint? We may need to look at the developer's for Verichat and treo600sms because it's obvious that Sprint's sms network being down has some kind of impact on these apps.

Hardware problem........

I've had my treo since October 2003 and have NEVER experienced problems like we are having now. This is not a hardware problem.

Since you ask - I've had mine since October too... It's pretty well documented that Sprint is having serious SMS issues.
    just to clarify. the "how long have you had your treo 600" question was directed to those who blame this sms problem on the hardware in this tread
    DPwaters, So you do, or do not think it's an issue with the code or what ever you call it with Sprints trying to get the Mo-SMS up?
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 01/23/2004 at 09:58 AM.
    What I am saying is this:

I think the problem is apps like Verichat and treo600sms that rely on Sprint's sms network. Because this service is unavailable, these apps are reacting in a way that may cause a soft reset.

Also, I don't understand what's so unclear about the question "how long have you had your treo 600". If anyone can blame this sms problems on hardware such as the 3rd button, clearly they are new to the "pda world" and you have to ask "how long have you had your Treo 600?"
    Waters...
    I noticed that I had a few resets when I pressed the SMS mapped button (which I remapped to another app). So it may not be SMS but the actual 3rd button causing the problem.
    Ahhh...Bach.........Now I see the light... My bad
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast